• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many of you have a VRR capable display and use it right now?

Do you have a VRR capable display and do you use it?

• I have a VRR capable display and use VRR now

• I have a VRR capable display but do NOT use VRR

• I do not have a VRR capable display but plan to upgrade

• I do not have a VRR capable display and it's not a factor for me

• I am Riky

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trunim

First i have to still buy the damn ps5, but of course that i want to upgrade to the latest tech in my gaming TV. My Samsung Q60R was the best I could buy to enter the 4k Gen, just have to wait until i can afford to buy a new set.
The Q60R is an excellent tv for the price and it supports freesync. đź‘Ť

I have a C10 and absolutely love the thing.

I don’t think VRR makes that much difference to big swings in framerate but I haven’t noticed any screen tearing since I got this tv. I can see them in forza when my framerate swings from 110 - 60 it feels horrible. When the game is running consistently at about 90fps it feels bloody great, but it’s so much better to just lock to 60.

Elden Ring as well I can really feel the frame stutters in that. I’m not sure if I’ve become more sensitive lately or not but 30 always feels like a slide show. I used to not see the difference that much but now I can instantly see it in a video on YouTube or a game or anything.

Surprisingly the DF video of Horizon I found the 30fps 4k mode not so bad while the 60 is clearly smoother the 30 wasn’t slideshow like. I wonder how they do that. I reserve judgement until I see the game with my own eyes though.

I think I’ve become spoiled. I cannot go back to anything less than 60 now and ideally higher.

Last edited:

Mozza

I have a 65 CX and I love everything about it, I’m never buying another brand again. If you buy a new TV and don’t buy a VRR one you’re going to regret it later, don’t be stupid the feature will come eventually on other platforms.

Did you activate 120 Hz in the console settings and use the HDMI 1? Normally the tv detects the optimal settings automatically.
Yes, and I made sure I used the HDMI 1 for the X Box, got it sorted manually and set up the HDR as well, the T.V is awesome though, very surprised at how well the Switch holds up on it too.

RafterXL

Edit:

XBSX has more stutters with VRR enabled than PS5.

Also, I didn't say PS5 doesn't have screen tearing or stutters. I said it's at a minimum.

This is false. This is a bug, unrelated to framerate, which means it has nothing to do with VRR. We've known about it for a year now. The damn fix is in the comments, btw. Yeah, it sucks that IO haven't patched it but it takes 10 seconds to fix it yourself and have a studder free game.

The fact that you had to go digging for a year old video that doesn't even prove your point and then completely ignored the fact that a game just released yesterday that proves you wrong again is funny, though. Keep trying.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have a Samsung 82” QN8F, it’s an amazing TV, but it’s VRR support is first gen and horrible. flickering issues, desyncing issues, and it looks worse than having it off. The TV was just too early to really support VRR. waiting on an 85” QDOLED to replace it.

Loxus

This is false. This is a bug, unrelated to framerate, which means it has nothing to do with VRR. We've known about it for a year now. The damn fix is in the comments, btw. Yeah, it sucks that IO haven't patched it but it takes 10 seconds to fix it yourself and have a studder free game.

The fact that you had to go digging for a year old video that doesn't even prove your point and then completely ignored the fact that a game just released yesterday that proves you wrong again is funny, though. Keep trying.
Everything thing is a god damn bug when it comes to Xbox.
Is PS5 outperforming the XBSX a bug too?

VRR should have been available the day something other than a CRT was used.
I'm amazed it took this long to come up with the idea.
I've been using it for past 3 years and going from my TV with VRR to my PC monitor without is screen 'tearing' me apart.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I have the C1 and love it. I'm not sure I can tell a 30fps from a 120fps though, so not sure I get any real benefit...
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Kagey K

Banned
If it's corrected but clicking a couple things I'm pretty fucking sure that's the definition of a bug.

I like you, but you are a bit daft huh?

Kagey K

Banned
My tv has vrr but I don't use it. Can't use on ps5.

May use it if I ever get a sx.
The fun thing is if you get a VRR TV and do the Xbox settings, it will be working in the background and you will never know.

That's just one of the reasons it's great.

You literally do nothing, it's just there.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ive had a freesync monitor since forever.

MY first one wasnt even a high refresh rate monitor it was a 1440p AOC that ran at 75Hz.
Upgraded to 144Hz.

One day when I have the space ill probably jump on a high refresh rate QD OLED.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People saying vrr tvs are expensive... Lg has models that are a lot cheaper than the consoles (55")

You can get decent sized and resolution monitors that have VRR even cheaper.

If you plan to buy a console to keep for 5~7 years, it makes sense to get a suitable display for full utilization of it's features too.

ANIMAL1975

The Q60R is an excellent tv for the price and it supports freesync. đź‘Ť
Yes mate, I bought it real cheap last year as my first 4k TV and im really satisfied, but of course that im thinking about buying a higher model with the latest tech as soon as possible.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have an lg cx and ps5 and pc don't use vrr but do use g sync. VRR needs to come to ps5 ASAP.
you don't use VRR but you use Gsync? lol

VRR is Gsync. gsync is nvidia's implementation of it but it's still fundamentally the same thing. VRR for consoles is either VRR over HDMI 2.1 or freesync. you can have a free sync monitor that is gsync too. it's all the same thing really.

Last edited:

RafterXL

The fact that you can load the game, go into settings, change to 60hz, hit apply, switch back to 120hz, and the studder disappears is 100% a fucking bug you mouthbreather. I literally checked it as I was making the post, because unlike you I wanna make sure I know what I'm talking about.

And outperforming what? The game runs at 1800p on PS5, it runs at 4k on XSX. The Shadows are set to medium on PS5...they are on high on XSX. For whatever reason, probably VRR, most developers push the resolution more on XSX.

But like I said, you had to dig for a fucking year old video to make your point...and you were too stupid to see if it actually did. Newsflash, it didn't.

Keep banging your stupid ass drum and when the PS5 gets VRR, the rest of us will be grateful, because we don't pretend features don't matter because our toy of choice is missing them. You can go sit in the corner, suck your thumb, and mumble about not needing it.

Top Bottom