• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much did you spend in gaming in the last couple of days?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Zero. Last thing I bought was Ragnarök. I don't buy stuff just because there's a sale, I buy things I want when I want them.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Not so much actually, already got a couple games last week, but a friend gave me a $20 eshop gift card and Zelda SS was $41 so I just had to put $21 to buy it (can have it cheaper lol), then I got Shadow of Mordor, Yakuza 0 and something else I don't remember, it was what? like $30 in total? lol

Edit: Oh, and paid the Nintendo Online Expansion Pack on the family plan, we're three there interested so it was $18 for the remaining time, I think... Today's gaming is cheap is you go digital and don't care about waiting, for specific day one releases it lets me have more funds

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Around 70 bucks for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, The Medium, Metro Exodus, The Last of Us part 2 and Dawn of Ragnarok DLC for AC Valhalla. Money well spent I'd say.

Leonidas

-$393

Returned a CPU, cancelled Humble Choice and refunded the last auto-payment, though I'm considering getting a one year Humble Choice for $90, as that is cheaper than the autopayments I was doing...

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Less than $30. I bought Judgement, Lego Builder’s Journey and Splinter Cell Blacklist, all on sale on the Xbox Series X.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
€40 for a 500GB micro SD card for my Switch. Got a 250GB in 2020 thinking that would last me until the end of the Switch since I mostly buy physical, but then covid happened and I played a lot more games that expected.

Lots of games I got in recent months for fullprice were now €20-30 off, as were the Xbox controllers, which was a first. Before, black friday wasn't much of a thing around here. But yeah, definitely will take that into account next year to save a few hundred.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
For Black Friday I got a AW3423DW : 1700 CAD
Zotac 4090 OC : 2600 CAD
EKWB waterblock for the 4090: 400$ CAD

So for me 4700$ my wallet is crying 😭
Futurama Squinting GIF

So not much then 😂

Celine

During Black Friday/Cyber Monday days I've spent

89€ on a Sega Astro City Mini
29€ on Nier Automata for Switch
20€ on Pocky and Rocky Reshined
15€ on Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection (digital)
8€ on AI The Somnium Files (digital)
9€ on Blade of Darkness (digital) - this purchase was quite unexpected since I would never dream for Severance Blade of Darkness to be remastered on a console.

So in total 170€

Last edited:

Kuranghi

£50 pound-o's for Callisto Protocol for PS5, but now Haggard Haggard is giving me the (terrible because I should save money) idea to buy a pre-owned 3080 Ti on ebay, I think new ones aren't that much more as well.

I really really want the 4080 but its just stupid money, I can't justify that, 30-series could tide me over until I can get a 4080 Ti later at the end of 2023. I just hope my 3770K won't limit me and allow 60fps at 4K in all games that are out just now (without RT, excepting Cyberpunk and other perf outliers).

Last edited:
5 bucks? I think I bought the entire 4 billion game Half-Life collection on steam for about that. All the half life games and expansions and Portals and Left 4 Deads etc.

Lunarorbit

They sure showed up in Indianapolis

It was a close game with 2:00 left to go and the number of terrible towels still in the stand was shocking, so much yellow

CqZ0LOa.jpg
This has nothing to do with this thread but I got to go to the pats/falcons super bowl and the guy next to me was a steelers fan
Super nice and knowledgeable. In the 3rd quarter he said if gostkowski missed the fg he was going to leave and beat traffic.
Ghost missed the fg and he and his super drunk/annoying gf left. It was all pats after that. Dude missed the biggest turn around ever. I think about him at least a few times a year

oji-san

Banned
A bit before BF $90 for Ragnarok and AC Valhalla SP, last week $50 for R&C Rift Apart and Legacy of Thieves Collection, and a few days ago $15 for RE2 & 3. Got 5 bucks back from PS Stars. :)

AndrewRyan

Fantastic sales for me, $122 in games and $50 for a new DualSense.

Geometry Dash
CAEDES
Tower of Guns
Trials Rising - Gold Edition
AI: The Somnium Files
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Furious Angels
Battle Planet - Judgement Day
Shwip
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
fpsVR
DSX
Pinball FX3 - portal, star wars bundle, aliens bundle
Street Fighter V - Champion Edition
HER Story
MOTHERGUNSHIP
Metro Exodus

TheShocker

$20. Bought SFV for some ungodly reason. I’m the absolute worst at fighting games. Even the CPU fighters beat me.

SHA

300 bucks just for games , I'm not really into hardware and peripherals , software matters more.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Nothing. I've got a backlog as long as my arm, currently working my way through Grounded, want to try Pentiment, return to Cyberpunk and The Witcher gets a next gen patch soon. .

Probably don't need a game for months.

...Might pick up The Calisto Protocol.

T0minator

This week:

Xbox Series X
Ridge Racer 6 -9.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 -9.99
Sonic Generations - 19.99

PS5
The Callisto Protocol - 69.99

Paltheos

Around $120 on the steam sale. ... My purchase history this year is pretty long though. It looks like I spent... $600! What the hell!?
*does more math*
Still less than what I spent last year anyway, almost $1000 though in 2021, and at least I've played (and finished) over half of what I've bought this year (if you don't include the stuff I bought in the past week >_>)

Perrott

Gold Member
Steam Autumn Sale:
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Firewatch
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Immortality
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Soma
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Townscaper
Total: ~20USD

Labadal

Digimon Survive - $20
Keyboard - $20
Dualsense - $50
Front Mission 1st Remake $32
Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song - $25
= $147

Last edited:
I haven’t spent anything on gaming in months.

I want to buy:

-Star Ocean 6, but I want to wait until it’s like $40
-Tactics Ogre, but I refuse to pay anything more than $30 for a game with 2D PSP visuals
-Sonic Frontiers, but I’m a little bh at how it’s a Sonic game that’s STILL lower budget than Unleashed (and Colors?) so I’ll be waiting till it’s like $30
-Gungrave GORE but it’s def not worth $50, I’ll get it when it’s $30 or less

Crisis Core FFVII tho I’ll buy Day One.

Other than that I really just want to buy a new TV and a PS5 for Remake Intergrade and XVI

Shtef

60$ for Elden Ring and 0.75 cents for Portal 2 so I can play Portal Reloaded mod.
This for the whole year of 2022.

Roberts

Bought Shadow Warrior 3 for XSX but that’s it for games. Spent hundreds on Vinegar Syndrome UHD and Blu-Ray sale and a few movies on Amazon

Soosa

Banned
pre-ordered psvr 2 = 639€ (normal version)

nothing else, usually there have been ps+ 12 month for 30-35€ deals, but nothing like that this year :( still have extra for 900 days or something like that, so no hurry to get more.

Top Bottom