• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much do you pay to get your hair cut and where?

CrilleS

Neo Member
24$ every two weeks. I prioritize a sharp and fresh haircut 24/7. It's incredible how a proper and well maintained cut can change the appearance of a person.

MastAndo

Starting cutting my own hair right around the time lockdown started, and haven't looked back. It's not up to the level of a pro, but since my hair started falling out, going to get a haircut became flat out depressing anyway. I just give myself a not so close fade every week or two to minimize chances of screwing it up and I'm set.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
wrestling fixing hair GIF by WWE

How much do you pay to get your hair cut and where?​

Rockondevil

$25 from a local barber, which is on the cheaper side where I am.
She goes alright and isn’t busy too often which I like.

Hair.....cut? What is hair cut, precious?

(I shaved my head New Years 2016 and haven't cut it since. I honestly forget people get their hair cut sometimes)

Artistic

Recently switched barbers, so now I'm paying $40 for a haircut and beard.

Before that, was going to someone else for $15 for haircut and beard. Definitely wasn't worth the money.

n0razi

If yall aren't getting haircuts from big breasted sassy milfs you're missing out on one of the greatest joys in life. $28 w/tip, been going to the same lady for over 5 years. Yes she rubs her boobs on my head every time I go. The flirting, eye candy and conversation are great. The haircut itself is decent.

It's all about the shampoo and wash for me... I could care less for the haircut itself

xandaca

As with a few people here, I started cutting my own hair during lockdown and have been doing so ever since. It's not difficult, since I've always liked my hair short and simple, so I use my fingers to keep the length reasonably consistent and then tidy up the back with a mirror and my razor. Very happy with how it looks, the only risk is getting overly fastidious about the small details at the end (I can be a bit OCD) and accidentally overdoing things, a bit like when Father Ted tried fixing the bump in his car. Fortunately, now I'm aware of it, a little self-control can be exercised.

$40 for cut, basic style and beard/mo trim. I tip another $10 on top, not required in Australia but anything service based I like to look after people who look after me.

My local is a mens barber and a young lady there really does a great job with the beard and is nice to chat with but quick and efficient as well. She does my son's hair too. Going on a few years now. My old man used to take me into the city with a hand razor old Italian man, it was the best shave ever but I have a beard these days so it's just too far to travel to get done.

For any guys out there....go to a BARBER SHOP. They do proper male cuts. Half the time i went to these all in one stylist, they messed me up.

If you want good looking, massive amount of styles both short and semi long, barbershop only.

Btw i live in Vietnam now and barber haircut here is $5 and thats considered pricey lol. The kids are killing it tho.

Last edited:
If yall aren't getting haircuts from big breasted sassy milfs you're missing out on one of the greatest joys in life. $28 w/tip, been going to the same lady for over 5 years. Yes she rubs her boobs on my head every time I go. The flirting, eye candy and conversation are great. The haircut itself is decent.

So basically a lap dance experience? 🤣

JayK47

Surprised to see so many paying more than $20. It must have gone up. Once my hair started to thin I just have been doing it myself.

Use to go to barber but the ones in this town are pricey. Not paying 50 and having to put in a reservation for a damn barber.
Lots of hipster barbers around here with sports and beer, etc... Many of them upcharge for a haircut. I used to pay $18 for my old barber. Gary used to do straight razor shave and haircut.

Now I just have my coz do it or go to sports clips. They have a bunch of ladies who do just mens cuts. Also $25 gets you mvp. Which means after the cut you get a shampoo, hot towel on your face while she will massage your head and neck all the while you are sitting in a massage chair. Then they use a hand device and massage your back and shoulders by hand. Plus style it.
For someone in my 40s with a skin fade to 2" in the front spiked up, i like it. It helped me also after my divorce as it was basically the only female contact I had for 2 years. Glad thats been over with for about 3 months now.
I still like going there though.

GymWolf

15 euros for shampoo, haircut, some trimming for nose, ears etc and my beard cutted with a trimmer, no soap/razor.

The place is called tagliomania.

Looks as though I need to change my barber because all I have is somebody fat bastard rubbing his belly on my head. Where’s this milf at?
A barber school. They're students, so they're getting their hours and doing their best to make sure they get it right and graduate. Though I haven't had the issue yet, if they do fuck it up, I have a pretty basic short haircut that grows back in 2-3 weeks so no big deal.

Their prices is "$3 + $3 required tip" but I just toss them a $10.
One thing The Simpsons taught me is that barber schools are a no-go. Unless you want a bowl haircut.
$50, been going to the same barber for about 15 years. He knows his stuff and I can't cut my own hair, as its very fine and can't just be buzzed.
He knows his stuff alright. Knows to fleece a sucker for 50 bucks and make as though you’re getting value lol.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
120CZK aka 5-6 EUR when converted. Just hair and wash. But since my hair grows obnoxiously fast, I have to absolve this like 2 times per month.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Here, I go to a local barber and have the hair and the beard done for about $50-80. While overseas visiting family, haircut and beard trim is about $6 when converted. I get it cut once every two months, the beard I do every week or two.
My wife, on the other hand, pays about $200.

Looks as though I need to change my barber because all I have is somebody fat bastard rubbing his belly on my head. Where’s this milf at?

Fairly easy to come by. You could spend 90 minutes on a Saturday going to all the chain shops in your area and scouting the field. The one I had before was chestier and sassier, but alas she died from a heroin overdose. We talked during every cut about starting up a barbershop based around my the concept. I really think there's a lot of money being left on that table.

stn

One thing The Simpsons taught me is that barber schools are a no-go. Unless you want a bowl haircut.

He knows his stuff alright. Knows to fleece a sucker for 50 bucks and make as though you’re getting value lol.
Its $40 but I am including tip. Its pretty much the going rate here for someone who knows what they are doing. A good haircut makes me look good and I don't mind the price. Could be worse.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just get my hair cut at budget places. Been going to the same place for 10 years and the same cutter for probably 8.

Not cheap though. All in tax and tip it's around $30. I remember when a cut was $11 for men at the place. Now it's doubled.

I'd cut my own hair, but dont see how it's possible to nicely trim and fade the back of your head by yourself!

drganon

This local place that charges about 20 bucks, not including tip. I usually get it cut once every couple of months.

chixdiggit

$15 + $5 tip at a local barber.
During Covid my wife tried cutting my hair. She thought it would be easy. I knew something was going wrong when she kept saying "I'm trying really hard".
Pretty much wore a baseball cap for the next month and a half.

Kev Kev

Usually $10-$15 at a small shop down the street

I’ll typically tip as much as the bill, or more if I have them do a fade or something more involved. I’ve tipped as much as $25 just because I thought they did such a good job and quickly

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Been buzcutting my shit for ten years now, since I bought a trimmer in KMart. I have two hairstyles: long/short.

RAL1992

Used to be £10 for hair fade and beard but like many others, I bought a set of clippers during lockdown and not bothered going back

GreatnessRD

My Uncle Got a shop, so I pay $30 hair and beard. If he's closed or I can't get to his shop, I go to the expensive Youngins who charging $50-$100. Depends on who girl I'm trying to finesse. :pie_roffles:

Fbh

$20 every couple of months.
But I'm balding .... so I guess that will soon be $120 a year I can spend on something else :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Allforce

I go to a barbershop owned and run by an older woman, only does men's cuts. No other barbers there at all. I started going there because I was sick of paying 22 bucks to wait 90 minutes at Great/Sport Clips for a different girl every time and this place was only 13 bucks. Quality is so-so, she talks more than she cuts and never has me facing the mirror so I gotta wait for the big reveal at the end and make her fix shit, but whatever it was 13 bucks plus tip.

Now after Covid she charges 20 so I don't tip anymore lol. She doesn't seem to care. Still a so-so cut.

Top Bottom