• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how much is your steam account worth?

drganon

Don't know exactly, but pretty close to worthless. My library consists of less than half a dozen games, none of which were all that expensive to begin with.

VN1X

Banned
kt8ZPnH.png

It is what it is.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Great idea for a thread 64bitmodels 64bitmodels

I got Steam back for HL2's release. Surprised I haven't spent more, tbh, but I nearly always wait for deep discounts or use key sites.

Also, gameplay hours aren't logged for offline mode, so I think I have way more than 7400 hours.

Does anyone understand the "Price Per Hour" stat? Looks like its hours / account value. I feel like it's backwards. Shouldn't it be account value / hours? Which means I've spent about $.25 per hour played, not $3 like it says.

qlKLYiQ.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2 years in. Cheapassery at its best.

I dont get their price/hr. If I've spent $83 and played 260 hrs, that's about 33 cents per hour played. Not $3.32/hr. Or is avg playtime what the average gamer spends playing these games?

My GOG account is probably half this Steam chart if they had a recap site.

fch8Y4t.jpg

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
i knew under 1000 wasnt a lot but holy shit i feel like i'm some poor dude in comparison to all these other guys.

honestly imma keep it that way. I'm not gonna buy more games until ive finished like at least half of the current stuff i got. 100 is a lot let alone 1000....
You're also at around 6yrs on steam vs OGs that have been there for 17+. (OG defined by 17+ because that makes me an OG lol).

If you project your current rate, you'd be right around $2000 at 15 years!

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
How do you get this data? Enhanced steam?
You're also at around 6yrs on steam vs OGs that have been there for 17+. (OG defined by 17+ because that makes me an OG lol).

If you project your current rate, you'd be right around $2000 at 15 years!

late 2017-early 2022 I didnt even touch my steam account. Lots of stuff was going on in my life at the time and I couldn't really play many games on steam
All that cash and hours you see are the result of me getting a PC in April of last year
it'd be more like 9,000-10k at 15 years, LOL

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Steam account is about 11.5 years and my total is just under $400 lol
either there's one game that you've spent tens of thousands of hours in.... or you just don't use steam at all

it's only one or the other lol

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
either there's one game that you've spent tens of thousands of hours in.... or you just don't use steam at all
I rarely game on PC. This last year was actually ether most games I've bought on Steam. Only sales and it's generally older titles and VERY rarely anything over $10.

Most played game recently is Vampire Survivors (24 hours total) which I played a lot over Christmas break. Before that was Inscryption and NFS Heat (neither on Steam).

Last edited:

Graciaus

I doubt these things are accurate for someone like me. I bought pretty much every bundle and Humble monthly for years which jacked up my game count.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

I doubt these things are accurate for someone like me. I bought pretty much every bundle and Humble monthly for years which jacked up my game count.

Well neither value is how much you actually spent. Plus like I said you can't really put a price on delisted games.

Kacho

I assume the values are based on current store prices. Not sure if it considers current discounts. I’ll have to check if the value goes up when the Steam sale ends.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I assume the values are based on current store prices. Not sure if it considers current discounts. I’ll have to check if the value goes up when the Steam sale ends.
Ya, the red number is current prices and green number is at their discounted price. The system doesn't dig into actual credit car purchase prices. At least I think thats how it works. The pricing will always be off anyway because for people who bought games at their high regular price years ago at launch, that wouldnt reflect here. So the more a gamer buys games at regular price, the $$$ is understated as the current price now can be discounted heavy 5 years later.

For me, I just started doing Steam 2 years ago during Xmas 2020. I buy old ass games with low regular prices to start with and get them almost always at cheap sales. So for me, my green number is probably a decently accurate number to real life transactions.

But the math is still wonky looking at the cost per hour.

poodaddy

I wanna check this out for mine but last time I tried this it wanted me to change my privacy settings. Nah, it ain't that serious. I have over 1300 games though, for what that's worth. I guarantee that I've played less than 100 of em too, which makes me feel like a pile of shit.

theHFIC

xzzazYv.png

An honest 12 years work cultivating this account lol. I had a real bad Humble Bundle phase early on.

Is there a way to calculate the current market value of Steam inventory? I have so many dumb trading cards in there that I have no clue what to do with.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
xzzazYv.png

An honest 12 years work cultivating this account lol. I had a real bad Humble Bundle phase early on.

Is there a way to calculate the current market value of Steam inventory? I have so many dumb trading cards in there that I have no clue what to do with.
Your sale value to current value ratio us crazy high. Is it the type of games you buy?

theHFIC

Your sale value to current value ratio us crazy high. Is it the type of games you buy?
A good bulk of the titles (mostly unplayed) comes from bundles during the big mid 2010's bundle boom which is all I can think of causing the number to be so high. I did get a number of titles at Early Access but not enough that had that big an increase in value.

Top Bottom