• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much it’d cost to buy every game on Game Pass (Analysis on how much you save with gamepass)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I remember people making a big deal about PS+ being a rental service and you don't actually own the games.
And how it was a rip off because once you stop subscribing you didn't have access to those games until you resubscribed.
Now we have an actual rental service which you don't actually keep the games and they disappear from the service after a period of time.
But those same people are saying it the best deal in gaming.
Funny that.

Was it the exact same people you're seeing praising Game Pass in this topic ? How many overlaps do you see ?

Give some examples please so we can tar and feather them.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama
Holy warmongerers Bat-Man!

adamsapple

don't worry I wasn't accusing you.
I don't even know who the fuck you are 👍

Oh I wasn't even around GAF for those topics and that time frame in general, but since you said it so confidently I assumed you had some deets to back it up.

Guess not.

Last edited:

C2brixx

I remember people making a big deal about PS+ being a rental service and you don't actually own the games.
And how it was a rip off because once you stop subscribing you didn't have access to those games until you resubscribed.
Now we have an actual rental service which you don't actually keep the games and they disappear from the service after a period of time.
But those same people are saying it the best deal in gaming.
Funny that.
People need to be reminded that Microsoft 1st party games never leave the service. That will only expand once Activions/Blizzard catalog is added. Also if you want to "own" the game you can purchase it at a discount as a Gamepass subscriber. It such a no brainier subscription and its sad to see folks try to downplay it.

FrankWza

People need to be reminded that Microsoft 1st party games never leave the service. That will only expand once Activions/Blizzard catalog is added. Also if you want to "own" the game you can purchase it at a discount as a Gamepass subscriber. It such a no brainier subscription and its sad to see folks try to downplay it.
goodfellas GIF

Swift_Star

Banned
People need to be reminded of that because…? Any forum dweller knows that already.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Oh I wasn't even around GAF for those topics and that time frame in general, but since you said it so confidently I assumed you had some deets to back it up.

Guess not.
Nah they've probably been banned, but I'm sure some are still around.

Riky

$MSFT
It sort of pays for itself anyway, Outriders for example would have cost me £60 at launch but I've played it and now can pick up the game for peanuts, so the difference paid for access to hundreds of other games in the meantime. Same with several other games I normally would have purchased day one but didn't need to because of Gamepass.
It's incredible value.

C2brixx

Do people believe Netflix shows and movie leave the service?
Folks just need to be specific when stating what games can leave Gamepass. Inaccurate statements just spreads false narratives. As far as Netflix go you can't purchase the show/movies from Netflix before the leave. You can own every single game on Gamepass at a discounted price if you'd like.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Discoverability is a you issue. "you would ahve never known about this game", do you not have internet? Theres like tons of gameplay videos out there. It's a shitty point.

Just call gamepass what it is my dudes. YOu dont want to waste 60 euros on that game you saw was interesting so Ill get it for 10. I did it with Back 4 Blood, no shame on it.

You didn't read reviews of the game? Didn't hear the chatter on sites like Neogaf that were talking about how great it is? How did some of you "discover" games in the past?!?
Maybe "discovered" was the wrong word. I did know about GotG, but I wasn't going to spend money on it. So when I said discovered I meant that I was actually able to play the game thanks to Game Pass. Otherwise I would have said, yeah I heard it's a good game, but not good enough for me to spend money on. Thanks to Game Pass I do get to experience/discover these types of games! It's a fantastic service with a tremendous value.

MacReady13

Otherwise I would have said, yeah I heard it's a good game, but not good enough for me to spend money on.
Then apply some self control and ONLY buy games you really want or are interested in. I honestly wonder how some people purchased games before gamepass was around. You don't need to purchase every game ever made! Pick 1 and play it until completion! God I'm playing Elden Ring and I can see that lasting me months! Why bother going out and buying 20 other games when 1 is taking up all my time?

adamsapple

It sort of pays for itself anyway, Outriders for example would have cost me £60 at launch but I've played it and now can pick up the game for peanuts, so the difference paid for access to hundreds of other games in the meantime. Same with several other games I normally would have purchased day one but didn't need to because of Gamepass.
It's incredible value.

Yeah, obviously I can't speak for everyone else.

But in my case it's already paid for the three years sub plenty times over, and I'm just barely starting year 2 on it.

It really is good value.

And just having a nice big catalog has let me try out a bunch of games I'd never have considered paying for separately. It's great for variety as well as AAA games and of course all MS published (and several third party) games on day 1.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Then apply some self control and ONLY buy games you really want or are interested in. I honestly wonder how some people purchased games before gamepass was around. You don't need to purchase every game ever made! Pick 1 and play it until completion! God I'm playing Elden Ring and I can see that lasting me months! Why bother going out and buying 20 other games when 1 is taking up all my time?
That's you though. Lots of us like to play more than one game at a time. It's cool if you can only handle one game at a time. I know a lot of people do that. I"m not one of them. So for me Game Pass is perfect. I can play GotG, switch over to Halo Infinite for a few rounds, switch over to Forza for a few races, etc. It's great! So for me, games like GotG are on the peripheral of my interest, but if I can slide them into my rotation I will. I don't dedicate 100% of my gaming time to one game like you seem to do. Cool for you, not for me.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
A more interesting analysis would be to look at how many games the average GamePass player plays in a month or a year and compare the.cost of those purchases to the subscription.

Shifty

That's some Steiner math right there.

Do the numbers change any if you factor in the fact that wallet-sipping subscription services each cost you a small fragment of your immortal soul? :pie_thinking:

Top Bottom