• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how much time do you usually spend playing games?

how much time do you spend on a game session?

• 1-5 hours

Votes: 86 72.3%
  • 5-10 hours

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • 10-20 hours

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 20-30 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • even more than that

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • less than 1 hour

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
for me i don't spend much more than an hour or 2 hours, unless the game is extremely good and really gripping i usually don't play for long stretches. There are times where i play up to 5 hours, though, usually then i'm playing to see more of the story or just because the game gets addicting.

I like games, but usually i get tired after playing them for a while. Plus it's nice to know how much time other people spend on games

z8Kz8mk.png

Fbh

For most games I'd say my sessions are around 1-2 hours.
As much as I like gaming, generally after 2 hours I get the itch to go do something else.

Every now and then there's a game I get really into and in those cases I can definitely go for 3-5 hour sessions, but there's usually no more than 1-2 games like that a year (this year it was Elden Ring).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
On a single session ?

Holy shit I can't imagine sitting 5 hours, let alone the other options, in a single fucking setting lol.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Holy shit I can't imagine sitting 5 hours, let alone the other options, in a single fucking setting lol.
me and some pals on discord play SRB2Kart every saturday (used to, at least) and we approach 5 hours a lot of the time with how competitive and fun the game gets. its easy when youre doing it with friends

Lasha

Uhhh.. it's called Second Life bae.

There is a place in Second Life called siren island. It's one of the few public places with voice activated. A fat avatar perpetually fishes from his custom tugboat. The guy is super friendly and chats over voice about interesting topics. The day before Christmas Eve he was giving a lecture about how to properly restore old cars which was highly educational. He also related everything to the 32 year old trans girl he knows in Colorado whose ass he was planning to eat next month. Second Life is great.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There is a place in Second Life called siren island. It's one of the few public places with voice activated. A fat avatar perpetually fishes from his custom tugboat. The guy is super friendly and chats over voice about interesting topics. The day before Christmas Eve he was giving a lecture about how to properly restore old cars which was highly educational. He also related everything to the 32 year old trans girl he knows in Colorado whose ass he was planning to eat next month. Second Life is great.

That's awesome to hear/read.

Thank you for that haha

30 minutes. Rarelly a game will keep me playing for more than an hour.
Exceptions are Destiny when doing stuff with friends. And Subnautica when I reach some sort of trance state.

Lunarorbit

Lol at these choices. 30-40 hours?
I think the longest I played a game was splitting time playing ff3 (ff6 now) over winter break in middle school. My buddy and I went close to 30 hours switching the controller back and forth.

Drank lots of coke and orange juice that session. My buddy kept drinking those two so much that in high school he developed an ulcer.

usually only a few hours. if a game really grips me then i could do 10-15 hours a day.

elden ring was maybe about 5-6 hours a day. with Persona 5 Royal i was playing it about 10-12 hours a day.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah i get restless easily and have to do small chores or whatever in between.

Although that wasn't the case with MGSV Death Stranding BoTW from recent memory.

Edit forgot elden ring and ds3

Last edited:

kubricks

Most gaming sessions I have rarely last more than 30mins, kids and wife wants mattention or there's always some shit I have to deal with.

If it's about the total time I can spent playing video games, then 1 hour a day if I am lucky.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
If I'm playing a co-op survival game like 7 Days to Die with friends, I can do 8-hour marathon sessions and still be bummed when it's time to log off for the day.

For single-player, Hour One, I'm still getting into the groove. Hours Two-Three, I'm best-immersed. If I play beyond Hour Three in a single sitting, I'm probably playing one of the all-time greatest. Not many games can hold my attention for 3+hours.

oji-san

Banned
About 3 hours on work days, weekends more. I remember playing Dino Crisis 2 more then 10 hours straight untill i finished it, probably the most i played in one sitting

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Depends on the game. Usually it's something between 1 to 4 hours, sometimes even 5 or 6... but with some games I've gone as far as playing for 12 hours straight lol, like with Elden Ring or BOTW.

When I organize a LAN Party they are usually 6 to 8 hours long.

if I work until 11 at night and the kids and wife are asleep I’ll game for about 3 hours. On my days off which I usually have four off a week I’ll game from about 930am until 2am unless my daughter gets up and then I’ll take care of her.

When it’s a normal week where I just work 3 12 hour shifts or two 16 hour shifts i won’t game at all on those days unless I bring my switch to the hospital and game when we have downtime which is usually between 2 and 5 am.

Have to squeeze it in when I can.

Back in the day when Destiny raids dropped we would go for 18 hours (at the longest but that was before kids.

Taking it way back to the Gears of War 1 and 2 days I’d do 12 hour sessions of game battles matches at night. Get offf of work at 11pm, hop on and game until 12pm and then sleep an hour, eat, shower, go back to work for 3pm. Too old for that shit now

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
LAN parties? in 2022? dude what are you playing at those
Yeah! Gotta keep the dream alive.

We usually play some Left 4 Dead 2 campaigns, but last time we also played a Heroes of Might & Magic 3 match and also some Vermintide 2. I'd like to play much more stuff, but sadly my friends don't have great PCs. :goog_relieved:

Isa

Per session not much, from 30 minutes to an hour or two if it really catches my fancy. Partly I don't have the time anymore, partly getting distracted by other things(hobbies, priorities). However on rare moments I'll get in some crazy long hours with my friends in a big MP session.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
After 4-5 hours I'm going to want to grab a meal or take a restroom break or something. But if I'm playing through something for the first time then I'll do several sessions in a single day.

Top Bottom