• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How PlayStation Plus Compares to Xbox Game Pass and Nintendo Switch Online

pasterpl

playstationplus-xboxgamepass-nintendoswitchonline-infographic-1648602641335.jpg

graywolf323

Gold Member
Overall I’m starting to think Nintendo’s single plan, which you can regularly get for £12 in the UK, is the best value of the bunch by quite some distance.
I mean it's the cheapest, not sure I'd call it the best value given how lackluster Nintendo's online is

now if they had included N64 & Genesis with NES + SNES in the base tier I'd say there'd be a better argument for that
Wait, you still don't get cloud saves without PS+?

tlmVbya.gif
even worse you don't get any way to backup saves on Switch without NSO... (if I'm wrong and they added a way to backup saves to USB on Switch please correct me)

PS5 is nearly as bad admittedly, since the only way to backup saves without PS+ is to backup the entire console data IIRC

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Seems incomplete, why would you not mention the day 1 first party games. Its the main selling point for gamepass. Its the main reason i subscribed to it.

They left out the most important: Day1 releases

Where's the first party day 1 release row?

Lol, of course that's the only thing you guys noticed missing:
PsPlus additional perks _ monthly downloadable games
Game Pass _ access to Xbox live gold (ps plus doesn't have it, no longer gives access to ps plus), X cloud (PSNow MIA too), free games (no more free games from Sony by this chart) and EA Play. Guess everyone sees what they want to see.

kingfey

Banned
Ign missing out the most important thing again.
I can play gamepass on PC without cloud. And only thing I will pay is $10, and I also get EA play too.
Great for PC users.

Ps+(Psnow) needs good streaming service now to compete with it.

Either way, both are good services. I can play them, while I wait for other games to be cheap.

Darsxx82

i mean ....why they didn't list "day one releases of new first party games"
Laughable comparation IGN
It makes it seem like the services are somehow comparable
Because it is precisely the intention of IGN? 😬

IGN also forgets (in general everyone forgets) to mention The Points Rewards that are a revelation and every Xbox user (even those who are not) should know and try. A few minutes a day and you can win to buy various games, controls, gift cards for free ....

Three

Why did they write NA for a years subscription? Just because MS don't allow you to sub for a yr doesn't mean it doesn't have a cost for a year.

It's $120 and $180 for gamepass and gamepass ultimate respectively.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How did ign miss day 1 releases on gamepass it’s literally it’s biggest selling point. Lol, classic ign.

Funny how they fail to mention day and date first AND some third party games. IGN is absolute trash.

Gotta make it a somewhat fair comparison.

Including day 1 would be a one sided bloodbath.

Why did they write NA for a years subscription? Just because MS don't allow you to sub for a yr doesn't mean it doesn't have a cost for a year.

It's $120 and $180 for gamepass and gamepass ultimate respectively.

You cannot buy a single item of annual subscription of game pass, you can buy an annual subscription for the others.

That's probably their rationale.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Why is Nintendo even in the conversation lol

(I say this as a Nintendo fan with no Xbox or PlayStation)
Because It has one of the best games in the world, on their service.

Entire Nintendo online has more metacritic than both psnow, Ps+, gamepass, Xbox live gold combined.

If you disagree with me
Scared Short Film GIF by Red Giant

Lognor

Banned
Maybe that's why you pay $58 more for GamePass ultimate than PS+ Premium on a yearly subscription.
But if you pay month to month, the preferred way, you spend $36 more on the highest tier of PS+. And you don't get day 1 releases.

I'll take Game Pass any day with those types of savings! Right now I'm stocked up on Game Pass because I did the three year deal and saved a bunch of money. You can't do that with PS+. But once my deal expires I'll go back to month to month. The minimal savings you get with PS+ isn't worth it. If you're getting shit content I'd rather unsubscribe for periods of time. Month to month gives you that flexibility! We know Sony does not give refunds so it's way worse to pay upfront, even with minimal savings.

Top Bottom