• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How should Capcom act on Casadei's Marketing Imagery?

Aggelos

Entering the Cringe Zone, guys....
For those who don't know, Casadei is an Italian luxury shoe brand founded in 1958 by Quinto and Flora Casadei. The Street Fighter series needs no introduction to video gaming fans and players alike.
So, Casadei seems to be promoting the imagery of female power over Super Street Fighter IV. High-heeled shoes have been associated with feminity, womanliness, female power, female emancipation, and whatnot.

How should Capcom (re)act?
Should Capcom take legal action on Casadei? Should they let it slide like that?

Last edited:
Capcom should be compensated for use of their IP imagery and should have been contacted before this promotion. Do we have proof they were not? They could always be paid afterwards but it's bad form. They should not let it slide because it will keep happening in other places if they let it go here.

Daytonabot

Banned
Since Capcom let themselves be associated with that Arcade 1Up garbage, women's shoes might be an improvement.

Daytonabot

Banned
Is 1up arcade garbage? Some of the machines look pretty fun. Is the quality bad? I have never used one.
For context, I have multiple candy cabinets in my basement. Settling for second rate sticks, buttons, and screens is not something I am will to do.

Jinzo Prime

If Capcom didn't get paid for this, they should sue them. If a no-name guy like me tried to sell merch using Street Fighter action figures in the background I know I would be sued into oblivion.

yurinka

The shoes are so ugly and the bartop is a fan made thing with cheap and ugly Aliexpress components plus ugly fan made SF artwork for the bartop. Not sure if I'd sue them, but but it doesn't seem to be "luxury" at all.

Last edited:

BrentonB

As someone already said, they probably already got permission to use SF imagery. Prolly most people won't care what the game is anyway.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I just got a Casadei banner ad on Gaf.

The Rock Clapping GIF

Top Bottom