• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to avoid spoilers

J3nga

Hi everyone, so after yesterday's massive The last of us Part II leaks, Sony revealed the next release date for their game which is June 19. However, that still leaves bunch of time to have it spoiled for yourself and cutting off your internet cable until then isn't an option for the most of us. How do we stay spoiler-free or minimize the risks until then? I came up with simple solution which of course does not guarantee 100% safety, but it's something.

I have installed this extension on my Chrome browser(also works for firefox) or look for an alternative for the browser you're using.

Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...sQkJyeMV7EJzybeSGKJlYKusaYK6GvmNeRsBeXU_ZB3t0

Click on the extension and Spoiler keywords, as you can see I've added following keywords, but you're welcome add as many:

Dina
Ellie
Jessie.
Joel
The last of us
The last of us 2
The last of us Part 2
The last of us Part II
tlou
tlou2

ngLj6kZ.jpg

This will filter keywords on regular any sites, however if you want to have them filtered on social media(youtube, facebook, twitter etc.), go to Spoiler context tab, click on the pencil icon next to the social media name and then click green bubbled plus, that's it.

IzOgA62.jpg

Wherever you'll go now and extension sees those keywords, you'll see something like this:
Youtube:

FpnRrwn.jpg

Gaf:

FK8UgtF.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, I’m gonna set this up.

I’m pretty sure it has been hint spoiled for me in a random thread but I’ll just try to forget about it and try to go in as dark as possible here on out

J3nga

Thanks for the tips, I’m gonna set this up.

I’m pretty sure it has been hint spoiled for me in a random thread but I’ll just try to forget about it and try to go in as dark as possible here on out
That's the biggest help, some people just wanna see the world burn and will plant some where you don't expect. Happened with RDR2, happened with endgame last year.

That's the biggest help, some people just wanna see the world burn and will plant some where you don't expect. Happened with RDR2, happened with endgame last year.

Dude. RDR2 got spoiled for me because I posted a question about how the game handles supersampling on 1080p displays in the PS4 Pro subreddit. After I posted the question, some random account PM’d me a major spoiler and exactly when it happens. What a dick.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
the others will show images, text when refreshed, page reloaded. reinstalled OP extension and that one can be refreshed and nothing will be loaded, shown.

Last edited:
Nice post mate. Answer me for free gold <3

Dina
Ellie
Jessie.
Joel
The last of us
The last of us 2
The last of us Part 2
The last of us Part II
tlou
tlou2