• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you feel if Fromsoft announce their next game is PS5 console exclusive?

How would you feel about another Fromsoftware and Playstation collaboration

• I’d be pretty upset, after their games should be Multi Platform with the success of Elden Ring

• It makes sense, I also think they would benefit from Playstation resources, they’re tech is dated

• I’m indifferent, don’t like their games tbh

• Only if we get Bloodborne 2

• "I would be happy when FromSoft announce a new game, which systems it launches on doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
We know Sony increased their stake in Fromsoftware along with their initial investment in Kadokawa. Sonys investment specifically states it for IP creation, and to leverage the IP in other forms of media like tv, merchandise, and film. Which means there will eventually be more From games made for Sony consoles.

cagDmmC.jpg

It most likely won’t be Elden Ring 2 or Armored Core as those are already established properties with separate ownership. I would assume whatever new ip they produce outside of that would be Sony/PC. I can see Elden Ring being the new Dark Souls series with another game being made in conjunction with those like Bloodborne was.

Please ignore the typos

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know how exactly their games being exclusive effect quality of the game? I mean with Bloodborne the only thing Sony helped out is its online infrastructure, most other things was done by FROM themselves.

Nah most likely just likely just exclusive dlc and stuff, don’t think they going back to one platform after the huge success of elden ring

You mean with the current spate of Microsoft love and fanboys suddenly parading their XBOXs around looking forward to Call Of Duty going exclusive one day? I'd say FromSoft being exclusive to PlayStation would probably give more credence to the argument being made that Sony are buying exclusives and therefore Microsoft need to buy Activision.

anthony2690

Banned
I'd personally be disappointed, but if it was Bloodborne 2 or demon souls 2, I'd fully understand as Sony owns the IP.

But I'm personally hoping they revisit the Sekiro IP and keep it multi platform. (Does Activision or from software own that ip?)

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they were not already working up ideas for an elden ring 2 with how successful it is on all platforms.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A From game with good tech would be quite something. I love ER, but technically it's a mess. Just imagine their next game being on the BP DeS engine... I know, ER is 10x more ambitious, but still.

K2D

Banned
I'd be ecstatic if it would be current gen exclusive at all..!

Especially if it took advantage of data streaming and culling, PS5 features etc.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I’d honestly be surprised. From is too big to be doing 30fps console exclusives these days. Sony would have to pay a fortune for an exclusive that excludes PC and I’m pretty sure that’s out of the question for Mr Miyazaki.

I'd personally be disappointed, but if it was Bloodborne 2 or demon souls 2, I'd fully understand as Sony owns the IP.

But I'm personally hoping they revisit the Sekiro IP and keep it multi platform. (Does Activision or from software own that ip?)

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they were not already working up ideas for an elden ring 2 with how successful it is on all platforms.

From own Sekiro

I’d honestly be surprised. From is too big to be doing 30fps console exclusives these days. Sony would have to pay a fortune for an exclusive that excludes PC and I’m pretty sure that’s out of the question for Mr Miyazaki.
I don’t think it would exclude PC

And sony already paid a fortune, hence the investment

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nah most likely just likely just exclusive dlc and stuff, don’t think they going back to one platform after the huge success of elden ring

They will if they get paid enough. Do you think they made Bloodborne a PS4 exclusive for fun? They did because Sony paid them to make it. And it's not like ER is "theirs" either, it's really Namco's (or it's jointly owned somehow).

Edit: Or maybe Namco just has the publishing rights, not completely sure what the deal is there.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Exclusivity is lame to be honest! I understand it’s a necessary evil in business at times but I can’t get behind it or cheer it on in any way.

Anyone that does cheer this type of behaviour on is a small minded corpo cheerleader.

FUBARx89

Miyazaki has done an exclusive from game in partnership with Sony for 2 generations.

Hope he does another and it's a sequel to BB.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Exclusivity is lame to be honest! I understand it’s a necessary evil in business at times but I can’t get behind it or cheer it on in any way.

Anyone that does cheer this type of behaviour on is a small minded corpo cheerleader.
Well, there's a difference between buying exclusivity and paying to have a game developed (which is what Sony did with DeS and BB, those weren't multiplats that Sony paid to make exclusive).

MastAndo

Gold Member
Pretty excited, but not because of the particular console exclusivity (I own both, so it doesn't matter), but because it wouldn't be held back by last gen.

They will if they get paid enough. Do you think they made Bloodborne a PS4 exclusive for fun? They did because Sony paid them to make it. And it's not like ER is "theirs" either, it's really Namco's (or it's jointly owned somehow).

Edit: Or maybe Namco just has the publishing rights, not completely sure what the deal is there.

Bamco and From both own the rights to Elden Ring, neither company can make another one without the other

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Well, there's a difference between buying exclusivity and paying to have a game developed (which is what Sony did with DeS and BB, those weren't multiplats that Sony paid to make exclusive).
I understand completely. It is a bit different than what say Microsoft are “probably” going to do with fallout, elder scrolls etc. I imagine those will all become Xbox/PC exclusive in the future which sucks.

It is different but this consolidation is not good for consumers. It’s just business though at the end of the day.

Hohenheim

I would like a choice like :

"I would be happy when FromSoft announce a new game, which systems it launches on doesn't matter at all"

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I wouldn't like it, i dont like exclusivity in games anyway so why would this being an exclusive excite me? if anything the current situation with Bloodborne is a clear proof that this is not a good thing to begin with.
Also from business standpoint it makes no sense, they made a lot of profit and clearly they have big fanbase all over Xbox/PC so why not capitalize on it? its not like their quality will suffer, Sekiro and Elden Ring were top notch.

I wouldn't like it, i dont like exclusivity in games anyway so why would this being an exclusive excite me? if anything the current situation with Bloodborne is a clear proof that this is not a good thing to begin with.
Also from business standpoint it makes no sense, they made a lot of profit and clearly they have big fanbase all over Xbox/PC so why not capitalize on it? its not like their quality will suffer, Sekiro and Elden Ring were top notch.

Exclusives excite people because the games are coded for 1 platform and its likely that the console maker will help with development

Top Bottom