• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you feel if Fromsoft announce their next game is PS5 console exclusive?

How would you feel about another Fromsoftware and Playstation collaboration

• I’d be pretty upset, after their games should be Multi Platform with the success of Elden Ring

• It makes sense, I also think they would benefit from Playstation resources, they’re tech is dated

• I’m indifferent, don’t like their games tbh

• Only if we get Bloodborne 2

• "I would be happy when FromSoft announce a new game, which systems it launches on doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.

3liteDragon

Why not the engine Bluepoint made Demon’s Souls on?

Demons-Souls-PS5-Screenshot-5-06052020.jpg
That works too, pretty much any engine other than From's custom engine lol.

yazenov

Yes it would be glorious it was a PS5 exclusive since it will allow the developers to focus on one single platform for maximum performance. And I assume Sony would give them all the support they need from a technical standpoint.

And it will be funny to read all the armchair analysts theories where they are proven wrong yet again that From would never make an exclusive Playstation game now that they are too big for exclusively. I mean, years of relationships with Sony and money changes everything.

Last edited:
Yes it would be glorious it was a PS5 exclusive since it will allow the developers to focus on one single platform for maximum performance. And I assume Sony would give them all the support they need from a technical standpoint.

And it will be funny to read all the armchair analysts theories where they are proven wrong yet again that From would never make an exclusive Playstation game now that they are too big for exclusively. I mean, years of relationships with Sony and money changes everything.

Yeah, people said the same thing about Final Fantasy at one point and here we are…and sony dont even have stake in se anymore

Last edited:
From making less money and less people enjoying the game is beat case scenario for you?

As a Fromsoft fan, yes. The prospect of them getting help on the technical side of there games is enticing.

Also PC and Playstation cover the majority of Fromsoft’s fanbase

Last edited:

DavidGzz

All of them should be exclusive.

Elden Ring was a demo for Demon's Souls PS5 (now on PS+, 25% off for Black Friday and you can stack)

Thanks.

I feel bad for people who haven't played Souls on PC. The Cinders mod and Convergence mods alone are amazing for Dark Souls 3. Shame. Screw these games being exclusive. You can add Demon's sales on PS3 and PS5 together and it wouldn't scratch the surface of Elden Ring sales. Also, being on PS3 only the game stagnated for so long until the remaster came out. Now Bloodborne is suffering the same fate. Groce

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I feel bad for people who haven't played Souls on PC. The Cinders mod and Convergence mods alone are amazing for Dark Souls 3. Shame. Screw these games being exclusive. You can add Demon's sales on PS3 and PS5 together and it wouldn't scratch the surface of Elden Ring sales. Also, being on PS3 only the game stagnated for so long until the remaster came out. Now Bloodborne is suffering the same fate. Groce
It's a joke reply calm down

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As a Fromsoft fan, yes. The prospect of them getting help on the technical side of there games is enticing.
Did Bloodborne got one? If I remember correctly the only thing Sony helped out with was its online infrastructure not in actual design itself.

I mean I love the game but being exclusive didn't stop the game from suffering frame pacing issue.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Would they really after the success of Elden? That seems like a step backwards for them, unless the bag of cash is substantial, or support is unreal. Were sales on Xbox that terrible? or PC?

I Master l

Banned
Sony owns only 15% of From they have no say on that and From games are too big to be exclusives now, Elden Ring 2 or
whatever their next open world game will be multiplatform 100 %

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'd personally be disappointed, but if it was Bloodborne 2 or demon souls 2, I'd fully understand as Sony owns the IP.

But I'm personally hoping they revisit the Sekiro IP and keep it multi platform. (Does Activision or from software own that ip?)

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they were not already working up ideas for an elden ring 2 with how successful it is on all platforms.
100% my answer

We know Sony increased their stake in Fromsoftware along with their initial investment in Kadokawa. Sonys investment specifically states it for IP creation, and to leverage the IP in other forms of media like tv, merchandise, and film. Which means there will eventually be more From games made for Sony consoles.

cagDmmC.jpg

It most likely won’t be Elden Ring 2 or Armored Core as those are already established properties with separate ownership. I would assume whatever new ip they produce outside of that would be Sony/PC. I can see Elden Ring being the new Dark Souls series with another game being made in conjunction with those like Bloodborne was.

Please ignore the typos
If be pissed if it was anything other than Bloodborne because I’m not overly bothered about that game.

I can’t justify having an Xbox AND a PS5. I just can’t. As a man with a family that is just a ridiculous way to spend money.

Markio128

Why not the engine Bluepoint made Demon’s Souls on?

Demons-Souls-PS5-Screenshot-5-06052020.jpg
As much as I think Demon’s Souls looks amazing using Bluepoint’s engine, I don’t think it would be suitable for an open world game like ER. I agree that if it had to be exclusive (which I personally hope it isn’t), then the Decima engine would be ideal.

It doesn’t really bother me since I have a PS5 as well as the other platforms. I’ll buy anything they make at this point. If I didn’t have a PS5 then I’d probably consider buying one just to play it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly I would just be happy to have it current gen exclusive and not last gen...

I suppose if there playstation exclusive it would sidestep the whole Series S issue at least, but honestly I'd be happy with them raising the bar even to that.

Ozriel

M$FT
on topic, I wouldn’t mind. It’s still a platform I own so no worries.

Next gen exclusive could mean a game designed with a much faster CPU. Tempted to say I/O, but it’ll still have to run on either HDDs or at best SATA SSDs.

Kimahri

Banned
Depends. I hate moneyhatting only to keep a game off other consoles, but if they're funding the development and the game wouldn't exist otherwise, then it's a little differet.

Timed exclusives are the worst though, no matter the platform.

Gojiira

Seems like a fair trade off
I think PS is a way off from being ‘square’ in that regard, they really need some truly AAA RPG’s that are all their own.
Still they did say more acquisitions are possible so who knows.
Honestly Id call it square if Sony bought Team Ninja, CDPR and From/Kadokawa outright.

Majukun

None of the options above, i would struggle to find the sense of the move when they just achieved inter-system relevance with elden ring,they don't need sony in any way,shape or form.

this being said,it's their decision to make, like always, so i wouldn't be angry per se...i can survive without from games,despite liking them a lot

I personally would feel great; and this is without any prejudice toward my Xbox or PC brothers. The reason is simple, Being a PS5 exclusive, it would most likely be crazy optimized and will utilise all the ps5 bells and whistles, without having to account for any lowest common denominators.

yazenov

bloodborne could have hit 6-7 million if it was released on all other platforms.

Oh really? What other platforms could lead the game to such sales?

The vast majority of Elden Ring sales are on Playstation and PC. Xbox sales are a non factor to the overall sales.

If Sony secured an exclusive From software game, it will be console exclusive, as in it may be released on PC. The game skipping the Xbox isn't a huge loss, sales wise.

supernova8

Banned

GSD also reported that digital downloads accounted for over 68% of Elden Ring's sales and of those, Xbox and PC were the biggest platforms. On Xbox, nearly 85% of Elden Ring sales were downloaded, and while on PC, the figure was 73%. However, for PS4 and PS5, the download sales figures were below 50%. Moreover, 32% of Elden Ring sales were on PS5, 30% on PC, 29% on Xbox, and 9% on PS4. Famitsu reported some additional information about the same. In their sales figures calculation between February 21 to February 27, 2022, Elden Ring PS4 and PS5 versions secured the 1st and 2nd place. The game sold nearly 270,000 copies across both platforms, and cumulative sales for PS5 crossed 1.4 million.
Looking at those stats (assuming they could make it console exclusive but still let them release on PC), Surely Kadokawa would still want a chunk (they own 70% of Fromsoftware so I assume they have the final say) of money to make up for those lost Xbox sales.

Braag

I wouldn't be upset but I wouldn't play it either, unless if they brought it on PC some day. Right now I have way too much on my plate anyway and can't make time to play all the games that I want, so it's not like I'm starving for games.

SSfox

I mean it's cool for sure, as long as it's not exclusive to Switch and its Jurassic hardware but FS will have my attention either it's PS exclusive or not, legit the best gaming dev since the last decade imo.

TGA soon, super excited about the "potential" Elden Ring DLC reveal.

sachos

I think we have to differentiate the two ways you can get an exclusive, if Sony goes to FromSoft and say "Hey, we want you to make an exclusive for us, here is 50 million" then i don't have a problem with that, they are funding the game from the get go and we would not have that game if it weren't for them so if you have a problem with that i think your logic is faulty. Now, the other option is that FromSoft already was finishing developing the game and Sony out of nowhere just buys the exclusive rights before release, that would suck.

If it is the first option then i would love if they made a sequel to Bloodborne and they somehow got help from other Sony studios, maybe BluePoint, that would be awesome. Or what if Sony bought the rights for a Castlevania game and paid FromSoft to make it?

Fbh

I'd prefer if they stayed multiplatform. Specially for forward compatibility as a PC version of their game would stay relevant instead of being forgotten and never updated like Bloodborne.
But I do have a Ps5, so if their next game is Ps5 exclusive I wouldn't mind

Top Bottom