• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you idealistically want Sony to approach Bloodborne in the future?

What would you prefer for the next BB announcement?

• XDEV/Fromsoft Sequel

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Full blown remake by Bluepoint games

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • A PS5/PC ‘Directors Cut’, Remaster

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Just a free 60fps update and nothing more

Votes: 19 18.8%

• Total voters
We all know Sony is waiting to drop the Bloodborne bomb, its just up in the air as to what that entails right now. If you had your way what would you prefer?

• A sequel announcement, with Fromsoft/Miyazaki attached, XDev would be support and handling co-development. Not Bluepoint
  • Full blown 70 dollar remake by Bluepoint, that would provide the level of fidelity and performance of Demon’s Souls. No new gameplay content outside of mirror mode, accessibility features, and visual filters. Enhanced co-op features, some slight gameplay tweaks (no vial farming, etc.),
  • A ‘Directors Cut’ which is essentially a PS5 port, 20 dollar upgrade path, same game, 60fps, 4k, some accessibility, dual sense and 3d audio support
  • The last is just a 60fps patch, no res bump, no dualsense or audio upgrades, no accesibility, very barebones, like Days Gone, TLOU2, R&C, Tsushima, etc. got at the beginning of the gen

Last edited:
Acknowledge its existence.

Ffh1A_xX0AQ5EWz

Knightime_X

A PC remaster is fine, I would really like if they added all the cut content into a playable state.
Doesn't have to be a completely remade game. but I most certainly would NOT complain if they did.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It doesn’t need a remake. Miyazaki is surely balls deep in Elden Ring sequels so you can forget about a sequel from them. Ghost of Sushi style remaster would be fine and probably outsell the original release after years of internet hype.

Varteras

Gold Member
I would only want a remake if the intent was to add more to the game with oversight from Miyazaki. Otherwise a simpler remaster for PS5 and PC would suffice. Considering that we haven't really seen Bluepoint's chops in making their own game yet, I would be very wary of having them do a sequel. If a sequel were to happen at all, I'd want FromSoft to do it.

That, to me, would be the most ideal scenario. Unfortunately, the powers that be just don't seem interested in either project. Because I have to imagine that if they were, one of these two things would have been announced already. But hey, we do have a showcase coming, supposedly. Maybe they just needed time to line up the resources. I would think that after the wild success of Elden Ring and the continued outcry for Bloodborne that someone at least got those wheels moving.

Crossing my fingers but I think my own luck ran out when SE announced the FF7 remake. So someone else will have to work their voodoo :messenger_weary:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
60fps patch.
Same.
A sequel is unneeded when they could do something different and more original. I would love it, but they can do better. So do better.
A remaster ? Why not? But same as above, I would prefer a MGS remake over a Bloodborne remake. Honestly a PS4 game is too soon to talk about remakes.
So remaster/ Director's cut would be nice. And a 60 fps patch the bare minimum. But a minimum that is realistic. I voted 60 fps patch too.

ACESHIGH

Banned
A PC port for us and a cheap upgrade path for PS5 users so they can play the game at higher FPS/Res.
I don't trust bluepoint. They have butchered the artstyle and OST of shadow of the colossus and demons souls already.

Gojiira

Banned
Those options are all wrong OP, the only correct answer is Full blown remake by Bluepoint alongside a Xdev/Fromsoft sequel. Released same year or a year apart….

Saying I got lucky on something else so I'm not lucky enough for this to happen is absolutely how people use that. Is English your native language?

Thats not what you said though, you said your luck ran out on ff7, thats usually used with negative connotation, and then to relate that to bloodborne is weird.

Usually if your luck runs out on something that means you never got lucky to begin with

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Thats not what you said though, you said your luck ran out on ff7, thats usually used with negative connotation, and then to relate that to bloodborne is weird.

Usually if your luck runs out on something that means you never got lucky to begin with

"I used up my luck when I managed to land a beautiful wife. I'm not lucky enough to also get a great career".

"I beat a heart attack. My luck ran out after that. Probably not lucky enough to beat cancer now".

You're being pedantic and nitpicky. Stop. It's silly.

Ge Os

I mean, this game running at 60fps with good AA on Pc and/or PS5 would be a dream (or nightmare) come true.
Bluepoint remake doesn't sound as bad, as long as they don't change too much.

Ar¢tos

Too late. It's already locked away in Sony IP vault along other amazing forgotten IPs and it will never see the light of day again.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Lots of shitty takes in this thread.

Give us a a full-blown sequel by From Software. No open-world nonsense like Elden Ring, no cross-gen buffoonery - a laser focused linear action/horror experience made from the GROUND UP for PS5.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Don’t see fromsoft working exclusively ever again. Bloodborne only sold ~2 million, elden ring just broke 20 million.

Remaking games that still look great is such a waste of devs. Just patch and port it.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Bloodborne II that keeps the same mythos but the setting is Aztec/Mayan and has the first boss be a man with a Jaguar/Panther head actually morph into a Jaguar man mid battle complete with the battle cry.

Varteras

Gold Member
Don’t see fromsoft working exclusively ever again. Bloodborne only sold ~2 million, elden ring just broke 20 million.

Remaking games that still look great is such a waste of devs. Just patch and port it.

That'll depend on how much more Sony invests into them. They just purchased 14% ownership back in August. That alone gives them some amount of influence. I don't know that Kadokawa will drop below the controlling stake, but I would imagine that Sony increasing its ownership further would increase the likelihood of FromSoft being made to do exclusive content. Also, as was discussed in the ABK thread, don't be surprised if the deal goes through that Sony rushes to secure companies, make partnerships, or greatly increase investments to protect their offerings. FromSoft was pointed out as one they would target.

Last edited:

Bekind

Neo Member
I would be happy if they just release it on PC.
Bloodborne doesnt need remaster or remake, the graphic still holds.

Just give us a PC port, thats all i ask.

It doesnt even make any sense that Sony still holds BB back as of now.

So many newer exclusive titles like Gow 2018, returnal, spider man are all on PC now, why the fuck do they still keep BB locked on playstation ???

Last edited:
Top Bottom