• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Xbox Was Finally Proven Right in 2021

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It's probably the laziest take in gaming to just write off a sequel as just a reskin of a previous game, it's a claim anyone can make about any sequel ever.
As for "limited" experience, well both games are huge open world games with an emphasis on approaching the world's as you see fit, the very opposite of limited, especially compared to some other genres that are celebrated by the same people.
The reviews and player counts tell the story though.
True.
Horizon: Forbidden West -> Horizon: Zero Dawn
God of War Ragnarok -> God of War
Miles Morale -> Spider-Man
Gran Turismo 7 -> Gran Turismo 6
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart -> Ratchet & Clank

etc

kingfey

Banned
You are a console warrior. You are one of the most egregious on the site. You are Xbox's very own TheLastWord.
For the last time, i am not in to your shit console wars. I have nothing to do with them.
If you dont like my facts, that is on you.

The MP could have released as a paid portion of Infinite, adding more value to the purchase of the game for thsoe outside of GamePass. For those with Gamepass it would still be "free". The only reason it was made free was to justify the lack of content and nickle/dime gullible console warriors like yourself.
Great bullshit there buddy.
People like the way they did it. Now you can play the campaign, without being forced to play the MP. Both can be focused, instead of one only (halo 4 and halo5)

This literally has nothing to do with Sony. YOU were the one who brought Sony into this. YOU are the one so desperate to compare this to Sony. Get your head out of your console warrior arse, kiddo.
Read it again.
There are a few games that I am excited for from MS/Xbox, but I fear that the mindless drone fanboys will continue to eat up the low effort titles and MS will think this is what sells, this is what people want and put in less and less effort in their titles.
Because that is you calling their games shit. Unless I am blind, you calling this shit.

So here is my question? What shit title did MS published this year, that you resorted to type this shit?

Great games with numerous ways to play made Xbox. Millions bought the original and 360 for reasons other than MP. Again, you are actively talking out your ass.
Simple words. Halo+MP. Killer shooter game, paired with online mode, added with xbox live. That is what kickstarted the xbox console.
3rd party was great addition, but it was the MP games that moved the consoles.
The ability to play with your friends online, Call of duty online mode. Everyone had xbox, to play those online games.

And this makes it ok? We shouldn't accept unfinished games with the promise that it will be "complete" years later.

That was their plan. They talked about it. Everyone knew about it.

If this is an attack to you then don't ever go outside or interact with people. I will continue to claim that FH5 and Halo Infinite are lower effort releases in their respective franchises and that people like you will gladly slop it up and defend games being unfinished/disposable as you did in this very post. Whether you like the game or not, you can't in good faith claim that these games are as high of quality and effort as previous entries in their respective franchises.
bravo. This is it. I am dealing with a troll now.

Your sudden about face and goal post moving is hilarious. Yes, there are tons of genres, tons of games and types of gameplay and we should push and expect more diversity in those fields instead of the same stale style of game that we have been seeing year after year (something you were literally just championing).
Recent halo tried that, and guess what happened to them. People who love those franchise arent open to change. You make it, and people will fry you. This isnt a simple change. Because a wrong turn, could turn the franchise upside down.

I understand you want to see new mechanics. But gamers dont like their stuff to change. They dont like to see their favorite franchise become something else. Countless games have died to those changes.
And this never stopped them before, why would it now? Every Halo game up to 4 continued to add new ways to play, new methods of control, new unique gameplay mechanics. Splinter Cell Conviction was met with critical reception for many reasons. I would suggest you read up and actually learn about them before you make wide spread claims that don't match reality.
You have no clue about splinter cell conviction do you? It wasnt about critical reception, it was the way they handled the game.
The series was about stealth. Conviction changed that, and people never liked, the new mechanics. They wanted their stealth game, not sam fisher going around as Nathan from uncharted. It was never the same as the first 2 games. You will find people liking the game (I like it), but its not considered splinter cell to some fans.

This why change is hard. People dont like changing the gameplay mechanics of their game.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Cloud gaming next gen games on older hardware.

Despite running on Series X, the video compression and lag made cloud gaming a worse experience than running Halo Infinite on a base XBO for me. I have a decent connection but maybe I'm not in prime location for xcloud servers, maybe it works better for someone but that was not a next gen experience to me.

It won’t be truly proven to me until years down the line (end of this gen) they show that they will be doing single player games along with service games as a consistent rate.

I still feel like they will find a way to turn every game into a live service or tack on a live service mode to it. For example starfield probably won’t have a lot of MTX but ‘Starfield 76’ probably will. The justification will always be that the games have a lot of replayability just like it was the excuse with Ubisoft getting more and more bloated and shoving mtx in.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I agree completely. It also leads to games being developed to be less memorable. Even if they *are* good games, there isn't enough to differentiate it from the previous entries. So as soon as the next game comes out, the previous one is forgotten and no real reason to return to play it. Forza is a perfect example of this. During the 360, each entry felt unique enough with massive upgrades, but each still had a unique style and reason to return. Now though? Why would you ever go back to 5? Or 6? Or Forza Horizon 4? The games are competently made, are fun for a time, but are utterly unmemorable experiences.

This has been an issue with Microsoft over the past generation and focusing on "GAAS" titles. The studios Microsoft owns can do AMAZING experiences. They have done it before and can easily do it again, if they are given the chance. Halo 4, despite its issues, was an excellent first attempt from 343i. It had its issues, but could easily be remedied. Now though? They released a half finished product, rushed out the door and fanboys seem to eat it up like cake.

There are a few games that I am excited for from MS/Xbox, but I fear that the mindless drone fanboys will continue to eat up the low effort titles and MS will think this is what sells, this is what people want and put in less and less effort in their titles.

Case in point.

Forza Horizon games are set in completely different countries, I would think that everyone can actually quite easily remember what country each is set in, so to say they are " low effort" is quite disingenuous. It's well documented how much work Playground Games did on location for each game, to just dismiss that in the way you have shows no respect for the developer.

Also claiming something is " rushed out the door" when it took six years to make and was actually delayed for a whole year whilst still reviewing extremely well is a poor take, I suppose facts don't matter when you have an agenda to push though.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Game Central 2021 awards have been released, quite interesting.

Format of the year : Xbox Series S
Runner up : PC.

" 2021 certainly wasn’t a banner year for Nintendo, who’s only major release was Metroid Dread, and while Sony started strongly they ended up with no new releases at Christmas and no new previews either – in fact they’ve barely said a word in public since the summer.

Microsoft’s year has been the opposite, starting in the summer with Microsoft Flight Simulator and Psychonauts 2 and then at Christmas with Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite. Cloud gaming and Game Pass have also granted them a mind share they haven’t enjoyed since the Xbox 360 era. Plus, unlike the Xbox Series X, the cheaper, digital-only Xbox Series S is a console you can actually pick up and buy relatively easily."

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
Replies on this thread making me sad about future of gaming. Some people really think Xbox is "good" and "gamer-friendly" while Sony and Nintendo is "greedy". Actually it is kinda true for now but there IS a reason. The Last of Us is a "game", Bloodborne is a "game", The Legend of Zelda is a "game" but Halo infinite, forza horizon.. I don't know man. There is a serious quality difference between these games. I'd prefer to pay 70 bucks and play God of War Ragnarok then playing Halo infinite campaign with game pass. Game pass is a good thing but Xbox isn't "friendly" and the others should not follow them. Developing Sony tier games and putting these games on 10 dollar subscription is simply not sustainable.

Kagey K

Banned
It won’t be truly proven to me until years down the line (end of this gen) they show that they will be doing single player games along with service games as a consistent rate.
That's not what Xbox players want, and has never been the motto for thier system since inception.

That's not to say they haven't done purely single player games or they haven't had multiplayer games that couldn't be enjoyed solo.

They aren't following Sony, and I don't think they should.

Whether that makes you happy or not depends on the type of gamer you are.

Gears/Forza/Halo are easily enjoyed as a single player experience, or coop.

The option to play with friends doesn't diminish the game.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Minecraft isn't even optimized for Series consoles. Mojang is lazy af.
That makes no sense at all IMO. Minecraft is optimised for 360/PS3/WiiU/Switch and XB1 and PS4, so why wouldn't it be optimised around the 8 Core supercharged mobile Zen processors in the Series? Obviously the graphical optimisation is done directly by Xbox with their recursively optimised abstraction layer for DirectX on Series, and even if it wasn't, Microsoft are the ones to control Mojang as they see fit, to get the feature added - if there really was any market competition for them to do it.

IMO, either way, there's no competitive pressure on Xbox to add an implied advertised feature of their Series X for Minecraft, despite them having all the necessary control to make it happen 9months ago.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The platform that set the standard for console online gaming should be doing offline single player cinematic games is quite the take.

Broad variety is bad now, how? The Xbox community elected community leaders speaking on their behalf about what games are and are not welcome on Xbox and single player focused ones are definitely not in there?

Topher

Gold Member
The platform that set the standard for console online gaming should be doing offline single player cinematic games is quite the take.

"When asked if he focuses on a certain amount of games being single-player or multiplayer for Xbox's portfolio, Spencer replied with "if anything I'd like to see more single-player games from our first-party, just because that over time we've kind of grown organically to be more multiplayer-driven as an organisation."

Phil Spencer thinks Xbox could do with more single-player games

Quite the take

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

That's not what Xbox players want, and has never been the motto for thier system since inception.

That's not to say they haven't done purely single player games or they haven't had multiplayer games that couldn't be enjoyed solo.

True, many games built for solid multi-player still offer an engaging single player/coop campaign. And they have acknowledged Sony's greatness in the single player area and said they would like to work on those types of games as well. So, I'm sure they will have some of those available, even if multi-player is still the dominant focus.

DaGwaphics

"When asked if he focuses on a certain amount of games being single-player or multiplayer for Xbox's portfolio, Spencer replied with "if anything I'd like to see more single-player games from our first-party, just because that over time we've kind of grown organically to be more multiplayer-driven as an organisation."

Quite the take

GP should encourage an effort to hit all genres and game types in some form. That way gamers of all stripes can enjoy it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I think any reasonable person who pays attention to the gaming industry would agree that XBOX is the most interesting console platform in gaming.

I don't even game on XBOX consoles but the moves they're making are really interesting and I give props for how they are cultivating their share of the market.

Topher

Gold Member
GP should encourage an effort to hit all genres and game types in some form. That way gamers of all stripes can enjoy it.

I'm thrilled to see Microsoft is moving more in the direction of single player games as that is what I play. Strong multiplayer franchises like Forza, Halo, and Gears are not going anywhere, but clearly MS sees a space they need to address with Game Pass. Shouldn't be surprising really as a subscription service needs to cast a wide net.

DaGwaphics

I'm thrilled to see Microsoft is moving more in the direction of single player games as that is what I play. Strong multiplayer franchises like Forza, Halo, and Gears are not going anywhere, but clearly MS sees a space they need to address with Game Pass. Shouldn't be surprising really as a subscription service needs to cast a wide net.

Completely. And they have announced single player stuff already, or at least I assume Avowed is single player focused and fable too unless they've really changed that one up. Most Bethesda games are single player focused, etc.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Quite the take

Well spotted :). I get a chuckle out of how those grand generalising statements about what Xbox is about as a platform vs what they leadership saying. Either they did not get the new memo or they know the others are talking out of both sides of their mouth :D.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think any reasonable person who pays attention to the gaming industry would agree that XBOX is the most interesting console platform in gaming.

I don't even game on XBOX consoles but the moves they're making are really interesting and I give props for how they are cultivating their share of the market.

Depends on what you find interesting, I guess. I think all three are equally interesting for their own reasons.

- I can't act like Sony being the only console maker to be interested into VR games, "isn't" interesting.
- I can't act like Nintendo providing the best games that are perfectly made to play on a TV "AND" on the road in one device "isn't" interesting.
- I'm also interested in gaming content, just as much I am in gaming services.
- Yes, MS have a few interesting gaming services that are cool too and that makes them very interesting.

We are hitting the golden age of gaming folks and it'll only get better from here.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Quite the take
Omg I love single player cinematic walking sim movie games now!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Completely. And they have announced single player stuff already, or at least I assume Avowed is single player focused and fable too unless they've really changed that one up. Most Bethesda games are single player focused, etc.

If they manage to keep, for a good number of years to come, not just a couple of releases, strong single player games that are filled with micro transactions and other mechanics subscription based gaming tends to encourage I will be impressed and really happy for gaming as a whole.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Quite the take

Omg I love single player cinematic walking sim movie games now!

why-not-both-linus-both.gif

Xbox has historically been tied to multi-player focused games and Sony/PS to single player experiences.

If Phil wants to bring a little something of what makes the other side more successful to the green rat enclosure, I say let him.

The recent Bethesda purchase does allow them to start working on that goal.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
why-not-both-linus-both.gif

Xbox has historically been tied to multi-player focused games and Sony/PS to single player experiences.

If Phil wants to bring a little something of what makes the other side more successful to the green rat enclosure, I say let him.

The recent Bethesda purchase does allow them to start working on that goal.
You will have to admit that “yuck walking simulators” to “why not more single player games (which we curiously do not call walking sims… Uncharted and GoW are, but curiously HB2 is not mmmh ;))” is a shift people are brushing under the carpet, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You will have to admit that “yuck walking simulators” to “why not more single player games (which we curiously do not call walking sims… Uncharted and GoW are, but curiously HB2 is not mmmh ;))” is a shift people are brushing under the carpet, right?

I mean I really disagree with this lol, that last HB2 topic for the 'game play reveal trailer' has this as the talking point for most of the thread. That it's just a glorified cinematic and/or walking sim etc etc.

Anyway, I'm all the welcoming for a diverse lineup of games. Not just the same formula over and over under different skins.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I mean I really disagree with this lol, that last HB2 topic for the 'game play reveal trailer' has this as the talking point for most of the thread. That it's just a glorified cinematic and/or walking sim etc etc.
By the same Xbox fans that were crapping on GoW, DS, Returnal, Uncharted, TLoU2, etc…? Mmmh…
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Anyway, I'm all the welcoming for a diverse lineup of games. Not just the same formula over and over under different skins.
That is a great attitude :)!

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Can you elaborate on this? I am curious as to what you mean.

Anecdotal story time: My local Target has started selling every console except the two PS5 versions over the counter. They still have to be ordered online and picked up in store with drops only coming on certain days. A week before Thanksgiving they had an influx of at least 14 Series Ss. A few would sell during the week. However, the day before (or after, I do not really remember and it is really not important) Thanksgiving they had a delivery of 12 Series Xs, at least 15 Switches (regular and OLED Models) and put 10 PS5s up for order. They all sold out that day. The Series Ss were there for another week and there is still a Fortnite bundle one sitting in the case to this day (although I am not sure if that is from the pre-Thanksgiving shipment, they got a resupply of Ss, just not as many as they did pre-Thanksgiving).
/Story time.

Based on my experience and the fact that Series S has reportedly been available nationwide I would say: No, Sony should not have followed Microsoft and produced a console that plays second third and fourth fiddle both to it's competitors and it's big brother as long as they are available. Making a Digital PS5 with no changes to the guts was the smart move. 1 spec to program for, 1 component assembly process to set up for, and still maintains the S' most important feature: digital only so that consumers are locked in to one ecosystem. Digital only Series X (maybe with a smaller SSD) would have been great.

Gonna need to see the receipts on that "gaining marketshare" claim. Even then there are so many caveats with Covid and component shortages that attributing it to the S is kind of a stretch.
Serious doubt on this story, unless you work at Target. How else would you know what was going on day by day at your local Target? No one goes to Target every day. Come off it. It's a terrible story. Bad story.

And so far the Series S has not affected any games on the Series X. If you want the best console, you get the Series X. If you want the more affordable option go with the Series S. We all know that the demand is not as great for the Series S as it is with the XSX or PS5. You're not saying anything new with this little made up story. But it is also important to have the supply. Sony doesn't have it. At least with the Series S Microsoft is able to sell consoles and grow their user base. Sony could be doing the same with a lower end console and maybe we wouldn't be getting all these cross gen games (HZD2, GT7, GoW2, etc) because they would have a larger PS5 user base and could justify going PS5 exclusive. OH well. Missed opportunity for sure.

It’s not about copying sony its about offering varying gaming experiences for the platform like netflix does with movies and shows

Sony is about to release a bunch of multiplayer games again this generation, alongside their single player games. you can do both.

I’m sure once microsoft start knocking it out of the park with a couple of single player games, especially the bethesda ones this nonsense about “cinematic walking sims” will disappear.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
It’s not about copying sony its about offering varying gaming experiences for the platform like netflix does with movies and shows

Sony is about to release a bunch of multiplayer games again this generation, alongside their single player games. you can do both.

I’m sure once microsoft start knocking it out of the park with a couple of single player games, especially the bethesda ones this nonsense about “cinematic walking sims” will disappear.
The problem is MS doesnt have the IP for it, while Sony does.
Most of MS IP are either MP oriented games,, or SP open world game, or indie IP.

GymWolf

True.
Horizon: Forbidden West -> Horizon: Zero Dawn
God of War Ragnarok -> God of War
Miles Morale -> Spider-Man
Gran Turismo 7 -> Gran Turismo 6
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart -> Ratchet & Clank

etc
Morales is not better than vanilla spidey.

Shorter campaign with a worse story and a less popular\loved protagonist( no offense but spidey IS peter parker) and a shitty villain.

Yellow thunders and stealth are cool but they make the game even more of a cakewalk.

And we don't know shit about ragnarock to say if it is better, at least for horizon you can see all the improvements to the gameplay, animations, human combat etc., ragnarock looked straight up like a dlc with the same animations and the story could be easily a misstep if they decide to kill kratos to let you play with the little shit, also the game is not made by corey (not sure if this change something tho)

Last edited:
The problem is MS doesnt have the IP for it, while Sony does.
Most of MS IP are either MP oriented games,, or SP open world game, or indie IP.

Rare and Bethesda have plenty of IP i can think of, and on top of that you have 23 studios there to create new IP with a variety of experiences.

I’m pretty sure outside of TLOU multiplayer all the sony multiplayer games this gen will be new IP

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Morales is not better than vanilla spidey.

Shorter campaign with a worse story and a less popular\loved protagonist( no offense but spidey IS peter parker) and a shitty villain.

Yellow thunders and stealth are cool but they make the game even more of a cakewalk.

And we don't know shit about ragnarock to say if it is better, at least for horizon you can see all the improvements to the gameplay, animations, human combat etc., ragnarock looked straight up like a dlc with the same animations and the story could be easily a misstep if they decide to kill kratos to let you play with the little shit, also the game is not made by corey (not sure if this change something tho)

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

TheGrat1

Serious doubt on this story, unless you work at Target. How else would you know what was going on day by day at your local Target? No one goes to Target every day. Come off it. It's a terrible story. Bad story.

And so far the Series S has not affected any games on the Series X. If you want the best console, you get the Series X. If you want the more affordable option go with the Series S. We all know that the demand is not as great for the Series S as it is with the XSX or PS5. You're not saying anything new with this little made up story. But it is also important to have the supply. Sony doesn't have it. At least with the Series S Microsoft is able to sell consoles and grow their user base. Sony could be doing the same with a lower end console and maybe we wouldn't be getting all these cross gen games (HZD2, GT7, GoW2, etc) because they would have a larger PS5 user base and could justify going PS5 exclusive. OH well. Missed opportunity for sure.
qq8lfvv.jpg

I do work there. I picked 8 (yes 8) of those Switches off of the floor myself for in store pick up. Series X resupply always sells out in a day. PS5 resupply always sells out in a day (once it is dropped online). Switch resupply lasts 3 days tops, however selling out in a day is not unusual. Series S resupply consistently lasts a week+. And this is a Target in a major city (Pittsburgh) not some small one out in the boonies. I just checked online and that Fortnite+Rocket League Series S bundle is still available.

"little made up story" lol. Was it really that hard to believe? People predicted Series S would be far less desirable than the top of the line consoles the day it was announced. I even stated from the beginning that my story was anecdotal, however citing the fact that the Series S is still very much available in store around the country made me confident that my experience was not at all unique.

Based on what the market is saying, Series S sells primarily because it is the only thing left not because it is "affordable." There is no reason for Sony to copy that when they are selling everything they make as soon as they can make it.

You say PS does not have supply and that with the S MS is "is able to sell consoles and grow their user base" and yet the PS5 continues to widen it's units sold through gap as time goes on (at least from the data I have been able to find, MS will not give us the numbers themselves). PS is doing just fine, their strategy is working for them. They are making those cross gen games for one simple reason: money. The PS5 has sold more than the PS4 or PS3 (and for about 8 months, the PS2) did at this point and they had hardly any cross gen games that were not sports games. Jim wants to sell to that 100 million+ base because he can, not because the PS5 has not sold enough. It is the second-fastest selling PlayStation in history, that makes no sense. There is also the fact that it has PS5-only first party games (Demon's Souls, Returnal, Destruction All-Stars, Rift/Apart) so it is clearly at the publisher/developer's discretion. And I would say MS is the one with supply issues. I believe they put in a smaller chip order than Sony did and up until 2 months ago I almost never saw a Series X in the building after launch, whereas PS5s would drop in at least once a month.

Still waiting on the receipts for that "gaining marketshare" claim.

GymWolf

What confuse you about these FACTS?

Shorter campaign, check.
Less popular protagonist, check
Worse story, check
Far worse villain, check

The only thing we can argue is story, but not really, his female friend, the other friend or his mom or the uncle or the other villain were not remotely as good as the female cop buddy, uncle may, silver sable, norman osbourne or doc ock.

I admit that not having to listen to that shithead of mary jane was kinda a relief tho.

Last edited:

reksveks

Still waiting on the receipts for that "gaining marketshare" claim.
Don't know the persons claim but in Japan and Spain, I am confident in MS gaining some marketshare at the moment. Obviously not hard given the one s dismal results and the supply constrained nature of the series x and ps5.

In Japan, you can find the graphics in the sales thread that shows the market split between sony and MS. Trying to something similar for Spain but waiting for the last two weeks of results.

Does anyone know how the one s sold in Spain? Think the series consoles have hit 100k now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Shorter campaign, check.
Worse story, check
Far worse villain, check

The only thing we can argue is story, but not really, her friend, the other friend or her mom or the uncle or the other villain were not remotely as good as the female cop buddy, uncle may, silver sable, norman osbourne or doc ock.
Shorter isn't always a bad thing. Games at one time were 8-10 hours and that was considered meaty. Then ND had to come along and make 20+ hours with TLoU and others followed suit (some more often with filler side quests to pad out the main).

Lost Legacy was back to the OG Uncharted 1-3 length and pacing, and I found it enjoyable and refreshing. Especially when it comes at a lower price that was one time the premium for said length.

Last edited:

Shorter campaign, check.
Worse story, check
Far worse villain, check

The only thing we can argue is story, but not really, her friend, the other friend or her mom or the uncle or the other villain were not remotely as good as the female cop buddy, uncle may, silver sable, norman osbourne or doc ock.

The combat is significantly better though

It’s still a great side-adventure

Last edited:

reksveks

Does anyone know how the one s sold in Spain? Think the series consoles have hit 100k now.

Xbox One consoles seems to be 300k after 50 months.
Xbox Series consoles is 100k after 13 months.

Back in the day, switch needed just 10 months to reach 300,000 consoles sold in Spain, surpassing total Xbox One sales in 2018. However, that same Xbox One needed almost half a year more to match in our country the figure that Xbox Series has achieved, as collected in Install Base.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The combat in Miles is significantly better though

It’s still a great side-adventure
Significantly better because it has some new powers? It is the same combat with like 10% new things and it make the game even more easier than before.
Vanilla spidey has more costumes with superpowers to balance things a little.
Sure morales was a lot of fun, but not better than vanilla unless you really love morales and his chipmunk voice.
Shorter isn't always a bad thing. Games at one time were 8-10 hours and that was considered meaty. Then ND had to come along and make 20+ hours with TLoU and others followed suit (some more often with filler side quests to pad out the main).

Lost Legacy was back to the OG Uncharted 1-3 length and pacing, and I found it enjoyable and refreshing. Especially when it comes at a lower price that was one time the premium for said length.

Yeah not when i'm playing an open world game, i don't buy these games for a short campaign.
Especially when an expansion like morales cost 60 euros here in europe.

Witcher 3 dlcs are both big and incredibly well done.

Lost legacy having the same pace of the first 2? (i hate u3)??

They literally gave you a sandbox map to explore with the jeep where you have to search for artifacts to open a door after the introduction...how is that any similar to the pacing of the first 2 that are completely linear?!

Last edited:

I agree with the premise of your idea but it's cool Sony and MS are doing different things. MS needed more avenues into their ecosystem Sony really only needed their console. The bigger issues are the removal of options to gamers over Sony putting out a different SKU. They will easily sell every PS5 they make but sometimes we see that too much success gets companies to take their customers for granted.

Look at the reveal of the PS3 after the wildly successful PS2 generation. See some of the policies that MS has implemented like Smart Delivery and how their backward compatibility allows gamers to continue to play games they bought without having to repurchase them or being charged a fee. I'd rather see Sony copy THAT over the XSS. Give gamers more value.

Top Bottom