• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How's the battery life on a Switch Lite?

ManaByte

I'm going to be travelling for work for six weeks coming up soon and I don't really want to lug around my OLED Switch with me, so I was thinking of picking up a Switch Lite to play through Live A Live, Xeno, and for Splatoon matches when I have WiFi.

How's the battery life on them? Is it like the launch Switch with only 3 hours or is it closer to the revision/OLED?

ManaByte

Is the switch oled really that much harder to transport? I mean the switch lite is hardly pocketable.
Lite is smaller, no detachable joycons. Easier for airports and on the plane. Going to be on like 10 flights, including a coast to coast round trip at one point.

Banned
stick drift is a huge issue and on the lite you will be stuck with the dead stick if it happens... just sayin

Max_Po

Banned
Switch Lite is quiet different and much worse when held.... after playing the bigger brother in handheld.

You have been warned...

ManaByte

stick drift is a huge issue and on the lite you will be stuck with the dead stick if it happens... just sayin
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

Codes 208

Its closer to the OG model, i can probably play about 3-4 hours of splatoon 3 before recharging.
Is the switch oled really that much harder to transport? I mean the switch lite is hardly pocketable.
Frankly none of them are. But the whole gimmick of the switch being portable is more about what you can hold in your hand via a case or a bag, the lite being smaller and one solid piece makes it easier to move around than the other two models.

That aside, i too would just go all-out on a oled.

Last edited:

wipeout364

It is better than the OLED but not substantially better. I haven’t used mine since I bought the OLED.

Edit: I must be misremembering it seems like the battery life is less. I just found this video for what it’s worth.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's pretty good. I hated the smaller screen, though. I got rid of mine and went back up when the OLED Switch released. I get an average of 5 hours with the Lite and I find the OLED to be similar.

if you're going to be on a plane coast to coast you might want to consider a pin external power bank regardless of which model you choose. Power on planes is spotty and not always stable. I have a 20,100 mAh power bank I use to change stuff on the go and I can recharge the Switch OLED and my phone more than once with It.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its closer to the OG model, i can probably play about 3-4 hours of splatoon 3 before recharging.

Frankly none of them are. But the whole gimmick of the switch being portable is more about what you can hold in your hand via a case or a bag, the lite being smaller and one solid piece makes it easier to move around than the other two models.

That aside, i too would just go all-out on a oled.
I agree the better and bigger screen is worth it over a slightly lighter and smaller unit, and if hand ache is an issue, tabletop mode would be better then the lite.

Last edited:

ManaByte

if you're going to be on a plane coast to coast you might want to consider a pin external power bank regardless of which model you choose. Power on planes is spotty and not always stable. I have a 20,100 mAh power bank I use to change stuff on the go and I can recharge the Switch OLED and my phone more than once with It.
Yea I have a similar size power bank.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Screen is worse then OLED.
But also better in a way because it’s sharper. Way better handheld formfactor imo. Battery life is fine esp compared to the steam deck. I used only for handheld use get that one

Top Bottom