• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say that the Titanic Honor & Glory Demo is either not the best optimized piece of software around or just too demanding for my 980ti, I can't look at the water outside the ship without getting frame loss :/, also nearly constant controller juddering.

Aside from that I want to see more of the ship, I want to see the machine room and run around the deck. I hope they can get it to run more smoothly by the time they release the full version.

Akronis

Just an update on me getting an RMA on that controller. Support wanted $110 to fix it. Said fuck that and fixed it myself.

Ridiculous how much they want, that's like 85% of a new controller.

MaDKaT

Is that 3-in-1 cable a must buy? I've heard there are some quality control issues, but the original cable is really heavy.

IMO it is worth every penny. Original cable, being wide and flat, is much easier to curl up and trip over. Quite the difference with the 3 in 1. Still winds up but lays more flat and easier to step over. But if you arent taking full advantage of roomscale, it probably isnt really worth it.

*edit: forgot to comment on weight. They seem to be about the same. Maybe a touch lighter for the 3 in 1. Not super noticeable.

New Question. Thinking about picking up a reasonably priced Hotas, how is Elite now on Vive?

Zalusithix

Is that 3-in-1 cable a must buy? I've heard there are some quality control issues, but the original cable is really heavy.
The new cable won't save you anything weight wise.
qD9E18p.jpg
LroAX9b.jpg

Just an update on me getting an RMA on that controller. Support wanted $110 to fix it. Said fuck that and fixed it myself.

Ridiculous how much they want, that's like 85% of a new controller.
Considering they're defective by design, your self repaired one has a chance of lasting longer than an official replacement anyhow.

As for my continual monkeying around with the spreadsheet concept, additional sheets powered by formula filters can bypass the view filter limitation on mobile. Used in tandem with a script to automatically hide blank entries, and it pretty much sidesteps the need for view filters. Published as a webpage it's mostly decent, and certainly faster to load that the actual google sheets webapp. Image scaling for Oculus only links is borked for some reason though, and the page in general doesn't seem to scale to fit mobile well, but other than that is relatively smooth. Behind the scenes I created a caching system to maintain the data from scrapes so it shouldn't go wonky with the potential for hundreds of URL scrapes at the same time when somebody edits a submission. Now only new submissions are scraped, and the display page uses the cache exclusively. The page only updates with new submissions every 30 minutes now, but that's better than randomly breaking.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone try lone echo/arena yet? Seeing in the Reddit that it's usable with revive.

Zalusithix

OK, since nobody took up the PCVR thread officially and the amount of time I've spent messing with the Sheets concept, I've officially taken over that role as well. With the SteamVR and PCVR threads complete, this thread is ready for a lock. /salutes

Links to new threads:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom