• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humankind - Official Gameplay Trailer.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Humankind will push the concept of Civ VI districts even further by making it possible to create megalopolises extending over a large part of the map.
Certain districts will not evolve over time in order to maintain their historical aspect
Create your own civilization by combining 60 historic cultures from the Bronze Age to Modern Times
Each element of the game is historically authentic. Combine them to bring your own worldview to life

This game is gorgeous, can't wait !

Kazza

You can be sat down playing these games for hours on end, so the music is especially important. The music for Civ has always been great, and that of Humankind is sounding suitably epic too:

This website needs to get a grip, not everything is woke. Mankind is short for humankind dummy.
It was a joke and humankind is literally intended to refer in a more general means. Who are you to call anyone dumb if you didn't even know this fact?

You're the one who needs to get a grip, don't get so anal about an innocent question.

Kazza

I like this trailer. Playing a game like Civ, you get to create so much weird alt-history. I have stories that feel as real as real life history (beating back the fascist Zulu horde during World War 1, getting nuked by Gandhi etc). It seems that this game offers even more opportunities to create new history. Looking forward to it.

Bullet Club

Humankind has been delayed to August​

Oh, the humanity

It looks like Humankind will have to wait. The new historical strategy game from Amplitude Studios is being delayed to Aug. 17, 2021 for a little more fine tuning.

In a press release today, the studio says it will be focusing on improving certain areas of work identified by the community during its recent Lucy OpenDev session. The team will be working on pacing, accessibility, diplomacy, AI, and more that's all outlined in detail in a new dev blog.

Additionally, some extra free content is being added for those who pre-order the game in the form of avatar sets of both "Lucy" and author Edgar Allen Poe.

Amplitude Studios is also currently working on Endless Dungeon, a squad-based tactical roguelite revealed last December, and has previously worked on the Endless series. Given their experience in the 4X space with Endless Space and Endless Legend—a personal favorite of mine—hopefully the extra time will help Humankind deliver on its promises.

iisBg7Q.jpg

Source: Destructoid

amigastar

Good news, Humankind will release on Gamepass day one on 17th August.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Good news, Humankind will release on Gamepass day one on 17th August.
Incredible. Between this and AOE 4 Gamepass has my strategy wants filled for the year.

amigastar

Humankind reviews are out. Looking good.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Humankind reviews are out. Looking good.

This wasn't even on my radar. Guess I'll try it out on Gamepass tomorrow?

usctrojan

scooped on stadia so i can play on at off during the work day on work laptop. i think its actually the perfect cloud game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sadly keeps crashing at startup trying to play it on Gamepass PC.

Yes everything is updated

Got it to work by deleting the gamepass version and downloading it straight from MS store

Last edited:

Nico_D

Played 10+ hrs and the more I play, the more it starts to seem that it is not as free as it wants to be. Instead science is stupidly strong and there's no reason to play any other way than keep spamming science quarters next to each other - or be left behind in tech tree.

AI for sure keeps rushing tech and eras.

There's a lot of very good things in the game but this is, for me, a pretty big problem.

Top Bottom