• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Choice October 2022: Deathloop, Monster Train, Little Hope, and more

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Deathloop
Monster Train: First Class (includes The Last Divnity DLC)
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
Disciples: Liberation
Maid of Sker
Epic Chef
Railroad Corporation
Golf Gang

All games redeem on Steam.

FrozenFlame

Glad to have Deathloop, The Last Divinity DLC, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, Disciples: Liberation and Maid of Sker.
Will give Railroad Corporation a try.
Going to my trading bin Monster Train (because I already have it),Epic Chef and Golf Gang.

Pretty good bundle, I have to say. It has been a while since I've redemed so many games from an Humble Choice.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Best month for as long as I can remember. Things have been improving in the last few ones, good to see.

I'll resub even though I already have Deathloop on PS5, some of the other games look pretty good as well (monster train, disciples, little hope). I'll gladly support months like this.

graywolf323

Gold Member
this is a rare time where I went ahead and paid early, I‘m really excited to have Monster Train on my Steam Deck + Deathloop will just be icing on the cake

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Don't sleep on Monster Train, in my opinion it's worth the price of admission alone. The DLC is pretty meaty and adds a bunch to the game. So much so, I'd almost call it essential.

Had the game + DLC on GOG, but still redeemed the Steam copy and might start over just to re-earn the achievements and to easily play it on my Steam Deck.

jaysius

Banned
Except for Deathloop looks like a huge pile of games that have been deeply discounted continually in the past.

If you wanted Deathloop on PC Xbox Gamepass PC for 1 month is cheaper. Once you start playing it you won't want it for more than a week or so anyway.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Don't sleep on Monster Train, in my opinion it's worth the price of admission alone. The DLC is pretty meaty and adds a bunch to the game. So much so, I'd almost call it essential.

Had the game + DLC on GOG, but still redeemed the Steam copy and might start over just to re-earn the achievements and to easily play it on my Steam Deck.
The game is awful, it's far too easy it practically plays itself. It's like a cookie clicker with a few extra steps thrown into it.

GHG

Gold Member
Except for Deathloop looks like a huge pile of games that have been deeply discounted continually in the past.

If you wanted Deathloop on PC Xbox Gamepass PC for 1 month is cheaper. Once you start playing it you won't want it for more than a week or so anyway.

If you "want" deathloop gamepass doesn't give it to you. Nice option for those who want to rent it though.

FrozenFlame

The game is awful, it's far too easy it practically plays itself. It's like a cookie clicker with a few extra steps thrown into it.
And that's alright, there's also people that want to play these type of games and actually complete a run. Besides, with the covenant rank, shouldn't that solve your issue?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
6vr3u1.jpg

The best thing on that bundle. I think I spent over hundred hours between Steam and Game Pass versions.

jshackles

Isn't monster train like slay the spire?
It's pretty similar to Slay the Spire (roguelike, pick new abilities on a map, build a combo as your "run" progresses) but instead of individual battles being turn based RPG battles, it's more of a tower defense game.

jaysius

Banned
Isn't monster train like slay the spire?
It's like if you took the brains out of Slay the Spire and made pretty much everything a win button, it's very hard to lose the game, if you do you should quit gaming.

Slay the Spire is a well balanced fun, presents a challenge that is engaging, Monster Train is the opposite of all those things.

Do they still send out emails asking you to rejoin at a discounted price?
I don't know if it's different for people who are still subbed and those who aren't. I can say that I am subbed and I click pause every month - while not intending to skip - and every single month they've offered a discount of either $6 or $8 for the bundle.

Bate

Deathloop is interesting. I am not a huge fan of Arkane (I don't like stealth) but maybe I like this. Monster Train has been on my wishlist for ages. However, I like shorter games at the moment. Monster Train sounds like a bottomless pit timewise.
How is Maid of Sker? I remember I wanted this at some point.

poodaddy

Deathloop is an incredibly well designed game but the crashes are inexcusable. I've had it crash four separate times now, and it just can't happen with games like this. I've lost enough progress that I'm thinking of just putting it down altogether now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Strong month, but I already have Deathloop so I’m passing.

Next month I’ll at least get a discount offer out of it.

Sentenza

Best month in a while for me.
At least half of this list is stuff I was keeping an eye on but I wasn't willing to buy full price.

jshackles

Deathloop is interesting. I am not a huge fan of Arkane (I don't like stealth) but maybe I like this. Monster Train has been on my wishlist for ages. However, I like shorter games at the moment. Monster Train sounds like a bottomless pit timewise.
How is Maid of Sker? I remember I wanted this at some point.
For what it's worth, Monster Train is the type of game where an individual game only takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. Once you're done, (if you're successful) you unlock some perks and the ability to make the game more difficult for the next time you play. Do it enough times and you eventually unlock cooler things like entirely different factions that have different play styles - but there's nothing stopping you from playing Monster Train for an hour or less and feeling like you beat it and then moving on. It's just one of those games that I personally find really fun, and keep coming back to again and again.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Nice month. I mainly keep my sub for the store discount but this month will tick a few items off the wishlist.

Anybody play Maid of Sker? Looks like a decent walking sim horror.

Last edited:

jshackles

How’s Little Hope? I liked The Quarry well enough.
Personally it's my favorite of the Dark Pictures games. Creepy atmosphere and good characters. Not as long or as well done as The Quarry, but still a good little game.

Top Bottom