• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hundreds of Sealed SNES Games Found in Storage Facility

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nebraska-based game reseller GAMEROOM shared the discovery on its official YouTube page, offering viewers a quick glimpse of the storeroom the games and systems were found in. Two GAMEROOM staff members, identified as Chris and John, are seen in the video exploring the storehouse, saying the games were likely left alone since 1994 after a local video game shop closed down and put its remaining stock into storage. Initial finds were predominantly games like Madden 94 and NBA Jam, which were commonly available at the time of release.

Chris and John are later seen with organized tubs of SNES, 3DO, Genesis, Saturn, and Sega CD games. The pair reiterate most of what they found are widely available games, there were still plenty of unopened gems to make up for it, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time and Sunset Riders on the SNES.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This explains the sales numbers for some games...
Probably still doing it today.
I'm joking

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m in Nebraska and I’ve never been to their stores. Game stores use to be everywhere here in the late 90’s and that went down hill in the early 00’s. I’m not surprised something like this was found. This was on the news not too long ago. They said this collections is worth something in the millions. That’s just a ballpark estimate. I’m sure if they get “graded” that each game will be a couple grand if not more.

Matt_Fox

Interesting...How was it now that this storeroom was just discovered?

Ji0JTC2.jpg

If they have anything of real value in there sealed up they might have just found their retirement package.

Interesting...How was it now that this storeroom was just discovered?

It was a locker at a storage facility and this is actually pretty common. Someone's business goes tits-up so they store everything in the hopes they'll some day re-open. Life happens and despite keeping payments up on the locker nothing works out. Eventually they either die and the family has no idea what was in the locker at all and put the entire locker up for auction or try to sell it off or alternately the owner accepts reality and puts the locker up themselves.

When Dad died he had shit stored all over the place we didn't even know existed. Five years later we're still stumbling across new shit.

ZoukGalaxy

What if... it's a giant perfect fake ?
I mean everything can be repro perfectly nowadays... and nobody is going to buy sealed games to open them. 🤔😏

BTW guy filming ability are fucking level 0. Even my cats can be better non-intentionaly.
200.gif

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What if... it's a giant perfect fake ?
I mean everything can be repro perfectly nowadays... and nobody is going to buy sealed games to open them. 🤔😏

BTW guy filming ability are fucking level 0. Even my cats can be better non-intentionaly.
200.gif

Think it would be pretty hard to fake the golden Nintendo peel strip that goes around the game case.

Top Bottom