• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Ian 2022

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean..

Florida man! :p
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Saw the typical social media teen girls getting sunk into the sandy mud at the Tampa Bay sea wall all the way up to their knees as they were struggling to pull each other out, just to write their initials on the side of the 15+ foot wall that is usually submerged for a photo-opp.

That water can come roaring back fast like a tidal wave.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
Man, while I guess I can't argue against a person putting themselves in that sort of risk, I just really hope he doesn't inspire many others and I REALLY hope no one puts themselves at risk trying to save his ass should he get into trouble.

Reed is an experienced chaser. This is what he does.

Now whether or not you are a fan of chasers is a different story, but he is a pretty prolific one.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Reed is an experienced chaser. This is what he does.

Now whether or not you are a fan of chasers is a different story, but he is a pretty prolific one.
I don't mind that he does it so much as he doesn't inspire less skilled and supported people to try it or get a Coast Guard team wiped out trying to save him for doing something so deliberately risky.

Man, while I guess I can't argue against a person putting themselves in that sort of risk, I just really hope he doesn't inspire many others and I REALLY hope no one puts themselves at risk trying to save his ass should he get into trouble.
Hurricanes aren't anywhere near as dangerous as fucking with tornados.
I don't mind that he does it so much as he doesn't inspire less skilled and supported people to try it or get a Coast Guard team wiped out trying to save him for doing something so deliberately risky.
I gotcha, outside of the storm surge on the coasts the only thing you need to worry about is the odd pice of debris smacking you upside the head.

Esca

I'm about 10-15 mind north of Orlando. Been raining all day so far, dogs aren't happy already lol. We're all set for another cane though. Generator and lots of gas ready to go.

Looks like it will be here in the early am, hope I'm up to go out and enjoy it for a few

Esca

Ugh our power is out already, balls.
But on the bright side the wind is now maintaining a stronger winds so that i could lean back without fear of falling over lol was fun

jufonuk

not tag worthy
to anyone called Ian, wonder if you are getting full of hot air/wind/bluster jokes

my memory is hazy but most hurricanes in my recent memory have had female names?

Top Bottom