• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I FOUND OUT HOW TO END RACISM!

T8SC

034e75d3e73bfa9122ca27ab2a6a2d4448925223.gif

INC

2 Native Americans (Billy and Ana - a female POC! ☺️) - 3 if you count Poncho since many Latinos have Native Ancestry, and he looks Mestizo at best. 2 white guys (Blaine and Hawkins) and 1 more Black guy (Mac). I’d say it’s all inclusive ☺️.

Its overall message is also, violence only leads to more violence, hence why ana survived, since she didn't use violence.............

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The Roddenberry's had the actual answer:

"If we cannot learn to actually enjoy ... small differences, [and] take in a positive light those small differences between our own kind, here on this planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity that is almost certainly out there," said the 1976 statement from Roddenberry, in part. Roddenberry died in 1991.

Explaining why diversity was so important to Roddenberry, his son Rod opened the discussion by mentioning the franchise was built on a backbone philosophy called "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations."

"In Star Trek," he continued, "it wasn't about a group of people going out to seek weird-looking aliens. They're going out to find creatures in our universe that looked at the universe in a different and unique sort of way. We have reached a point in our intellectual evolution where we understood that that we had to experience things that were different, to grow and evolve."

Humanity, unfortunately, isn't at that place yet.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

"If we cannot learn to actually enjoy ... small differences, [and] take in a positive light those small differences between our own kind, here on this planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity that is almost certainly out there," said the 1976 statement from Roddenberry, in part. Roddenberry died in 1991.

Explaining why diversity was so important to Roddenberry, his son Rod opened the discussion by mentioning the franchise was built on a backbone philosophy called "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations."

"In Star Trek," he continued, "it wasn't about a group of people going out to seek weird-looking aliens. They're going out to find creatures in our universe that looked at the universe in a different and unique sort of way. We have reached a point in our intellectual evolution where we understood that that we had to experience things that were different, to grow and evolve."

We are past that point except for the powerful and influential people who’ve built their entire platforms on keeping racism alive as a tool manipulate the masses.

So true. I mean people try to cancel anyone not voting for the same party as they do.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The rich and powerful benefit from continuing racism ... Which is partly a class issue as well. Education coupled with financial literacy is the best way to end it. Well, that and better employment/financial opportunities.

When more people are enjoying life more, class issues and race play a smaller and smaller part in life... Which reduces the power of the elites who think us poors are beneath them.

As it stands, we still need to talk and listen and reach each other on our issues. We can't heal if we don't talk and listen. Dismissing just keeps the crap ball rolling.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Created by the same people who probably got "Outraged" by this.

What's the racial make-up of the town? Are there businesses in the town centre owned by non-white? If so, why were they excluded from the mural?

Just looking at it and not knowing this had caused a controversy, it doesn't look welcoming to me (I'm black). As in, "if you're darker than these folks, you're not welcome here"

What's the racial make-up of the town? Are there businesses in the town centre owned by non-white? If so, why were they excluded from the mural?

Just looking at it and not knowing this had caused a controversy, it doesn't look welcoming to me (I'm black). As in, "if you're darker than these folks, you're not welcome here"

Small market town, which are usually 99% white. Most of the UK's minorities live in the inner cities. Even the guy in the example, the boxer looks White to me.

If it had been in Brixton or Hackney in London, fair play. But Twitter, everyone's outraged, clutching those pearls.

And then Kurtzman came and f*cked it all up.

arnold GIF

"everyone was just getting along...was it a dream?"

At a recent diversity thing I had to sit through this.

I thought it was a SNL skit.

This is how modern day racism is perpetuated.

Hell yeah, those were the good times!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Small market town, which are usually 99% white. Most of the UK's minorities live in the inner cities. Even the guy in the example, the boxer looks White to me.

If it had been in Brixton or Hackney in London, fair play. But Twitter, everyone's outraged, clutching those pearls.

Oh! Driffield is in the UK! I thought it was a US town! Smh

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Jokes aside, we'll never end racism.

I'm reminded of the Cheryl Cole drama that blew up a few days ago. For those who don't know, Cheryl Cole is a pop singer and former member of Girls Aloud.

A few days ago, it was announced she would be hosting a BBC podcast regarding RnB music, but this has received a lot of blow back on Cheryl and the BBC......... because Cheryl is white?!

Some of the tweets linked the below article are really mind blowing and frankly, racist AF, that is if you consider it possible to be racist against white people.

When we get to a stage where music isn't gate kept behind a skin colour, then we can say we're on the right path to ending racism.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It's like the elites want a racial war of some sort. That Dr Shola is a great example of black supremacism and exceptionalism.

Top Bottom