• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found the cringiest scene in video game history.

Really? This was cringe to you? *eyeroll*

Yep, shit looks like it was plucked straight out of a Tommy Wiseau film.

Battletoads is a game trying to be silly. It's fine.

And the fact that The Last of Us 2 is even being brought up in the conversation is hilarious. (Well minus the awkward as hell sex scene).

The Alien

Banned
To quote Joe Biden: "C'mon man".

I guess OP never saw any of the sweet sex scenes from "Ride to Hell: Retribution".

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
*Ahem*

2977834-20170820155624_1.jpg
My mother was in the house when I played this for the first time. Had to lower the TV's volume to the bare minimum, lol. I could never explain this. Not even to myself.

Can't decide if this is cringe... or the most awesome thing I have ever seen.

What the fuuuuuck? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I love how the zombie apocalypse theme was basically thrown out the window entirely. It's so easy to forget there are even zombies in this game. It completely undermines the ending of TLoU because Joel lying to Ellie and preventing a possible cure doesn't matter anymore. What matters is the npc doctor he is forced to kill by ND wore blue, had light colored skin and likes zebras. Like what the hell. You could have went in so many directions but chose the one that required a complete retcon. He just had to shit all over the first game and everything that made it enjoyable.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
Anyone who thinks that scene in TLOU2 is cringe need serious medical attention. Fucking disappointment this forum.

I know where you are coming from and you're so wrong. That scene is cringey not because they are two lesbians with a child but because it's the quintessential 80's family sitcom moment and it's lame beyond belief.

PS: TLOU2 has some well writen scenes of characters showing affection for each other (including Dinah and Ellie) where they act like real people.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
how the hell I played this for like 50 hours.
Because the combat was pretty good, but everything else around it was pretty bad.

In 360 was even worst because there was one quest that I had go back pervious area but I had to keep changing disk.

lock2k

Banned
Everytime I see a cutscene from this game posted around here it really makes me wonder how the hell I played this for like 50 hours.
I just saw it again with a mixture of laughing, disgust and wanting to dropkick the shit out of this little brat lol :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

cormack12

Gold Member
Damn that TLOU clip is bad. Also shoutout to my man with Dragon Age on the first page! I think the TLOU is just so stiff and unauthentic when you compare it to the work they did in UC4 with 'cheesy' moments. Maybe they just chose the wrong scene but yeah did no translate well is call I can say.

Lethal01

I nominate FF7R - Noise dispute with cultist neighbor.

I can't for the life of me fathom how this game was so well received. What an absolute turd.

I loved this scene, seeing cloud panic and knock his sword on the doorframe was great.
Also better voice acting when you don't watch the dub. Always have to judge based on the native language of the game.

Ryu Kaiba

The homophobia in this thread is cringe if anything. Jesus...
Has nothing to do with homophobia. It would be cringe if it was a boy and a girl or any combination you want. The dancing animation, the dialogue, their relationship in general feels pretty forced and weird, which I don't even mind very much, I was never in love with the story or characters in these games and was mostly in it for the visual and gameplay which were very well done. The story was captivating enough to keep me going until the end but a cringe scene is a cringe scene.

Tschumi

The homophobia in this thread is cringe if anything. Jesus...
Solidarity lol, just wonderous how people can get worked up about indignity and creeping equality in games just because they wanna get away with being savage trolls towards a minority without anyone calling them on it~ I'll never get over seeing serial offensive pricks getting offended remotely :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hoppa

FF7, Kingdom Hearts 3 fuck it most Japanese RPGs that are dubbed in English. They always have those cringy anime mannerisms that don't translate. Like when the camera hangs on a character's blank expressionless face for 5 minutes and the dialog is "..." or when female characters gasp or any time a character laughs and you just have to sit there and stare at this porcupine with eyelashes laughing at literally nothing as the camera pans into the sky

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Remake that scene with the old queen design saying “chug my dump truck” it would come across totally different

Last edited:
Top Bottom