• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I.G.I. Origins: Mission Briefing: The Lone Agent

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We’re CELEBRATING the 21st Anniversary of Project I.G.I. with a special new mission briefing for you!

Game Director & Managing Director at AntiMatter Games, Rich Barham, Producer Adam Walenkiewicz & Cinematics & Video Lead, Richard Dawson, are back! Their mission? To delve into the theme of being a Lone Agent. In this update the team takes you behind the scenes to show some of the steps taken to ensure I.G.I. Origins delivers the authenticity, pressure & nail-biting tension you would expect from operating alone behind enemy lines.

About I.G.I. Origins

Re-imagining a pioneer of the tactical first-person shooter genre with I.G.I. Origins, the prequel to 2000’s Project I.G.I.
It’s 1980, the Cold War balances precariously on the brink of full-scale conflict. Infiltrate a volatile and manipulative world of high-stakes espionage – your way. Plan and execute your missions against an enemy plotting all-out nuclear war in this tense and tactical first-person shooter.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The first (pair of?) I.G.I. had ambition for the time, GoldenEye objectives x Crysis huge areas in like 2000 before most game devs attempted anything similar (and yet I only remember endlessly playing one demo mission, lol). I hope they can capture that for today's gaming landscape but I doubt it.

Edit: the most recent Sniper Elite games count as somewhat similar in scope & vibe when at their best...

Last edited:

old-parts

I played this back in the day, from memory it was like a open world single player with counter strike like combat.

Cool to see a new game in the series, didn't expect it, good to see more PC genres coming back.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
7c3839_2abdf5f4c9d34840bb0472ff7e65319d~mv2.webp

Top Bottom