• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got the job!!!!! <Celebration Time COME ON!!!>

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Last week I interviewed with an architectural firm in DC for a Network Admin position. The interview went great and I've been biting my fingernails for the last few days waiting to hear back from them. It felt like a really good fit position-wise and growthwise. Me and the head of IT hit it right off... we talked for about and hour while walking around the different departments. The Director of Ops has been out of town since the day of the interview, today was her first day back so I didn't expect to hear from her til later this week... I came home today and she'd left a voicemail message with the job offer! This job will be SO much more convenient... a short drive to the Metro, catch the subway in to DC, then two short blocks up the street... bye bye wear and tear on my faithful Accord.

As if that wasn't enough another company I interviewed with EONS ago left me a message apologizing for taking so long to get back to me but wanting to know if I was still in the market.

Is that crazy or what?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm telling you man, job offers are like buses. You wait and wait and wait, and then two show up at the same time. Happened to me earlier this year. :p

Congratulations on the new job and upcoming addition. *wink wink*

B'z-chan

Banned
Arch firms are hell please get me out of here. I cant take it. Argh and at such cheap pay too. I keep things running.

DarienA

MoxManiac said:
**Darien turns on 'Celebrate good times' record.**

Record: "Cellllebrate good times, come on!"

Darien: "I will."

All these years I thought that song said Celebration time come on... when you posted the above I checked on the web... and I'll be damned your right.... ;)

alejob

Hey congratulations man.

What did you study, what certificates do you have? The reason I'm asking is cause I'm taking the Cisco CCNA courses and I want to know what other ccourses should I take(the A+, Net+, MSCA, etc.)

DarienA

alejob said:
Hey congratulations man.

What did you study, what certificates do you have? The reason I'm asking is cause I'm taking the Cisco CCNA courses and I want to know what other ccourses should I take(the A+, Net+, MSCA, etc.)

No certificates 7 years of hands on in the field experience. I know corps love to talk about in job ads looking for people with certs, but many recruiters have told me that the order of preference really is:

1. Person with certs and hands on exp.
2. Person with hands on exp.
3. Person with just certs.

It's crazy I know. I've simply never bothered to get any certs because I haven't had time. I was looking to do it in my previous job but I left. Here there simply is NO time(because it's a 1 man shop), the new job looks to have some time to allow me to finally start certing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom