• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have three tabs of GameFAQs open...

GeekyDad

And it's for a game I've played countless times. Like FFT or Tactics Ogre, it's one of those games that, no matter how many times I play it, each time I do I just get so wrapped up in it.

Once again, it's Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (for the DS). I've been going back to this one a lot in the past year or two. Each playthrough I try to mix up the races and jobs I go with, and so, I end up getting wrapped up in finding the ingredients necessary in order to make certain items, which then allow you to learn certain abilities, which unlock new jobs, etc., etc.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS93d3cuam95c3RpcS5jb20vbWVkaWEvMjAwOC8wNy9mZnRhMi1iei1yZXYuanBn
29-416.png

That eventually becomes the biggest part of the game for me, and I love it!

And so, I end up having a tab for certain quests, jobs that unlock other jobs, a tab for where to find certain ingredients. I'm predicting that by the end of the day, I'll likely have five or six tabs just for that. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Kev Kev

And it's for a game I've played countless times. Like FFT or Tactics Ogre, it's one of those games that, no matter how many times I play it, each time I do I just get so wrapped up in it.

Once again, it's Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (for the DS). I've been going back to this one a lot in the past year or two. Each playthrough I try to mix up the races and jobs I go with, and so, I end up getting wrapped up in finding the ingredients necessary in order to make certain items, which then allow you to learn certain abilities, which unlock new jobs, etc., etc.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS93d3cuam95c3RpcS5jb20vbWVkaWEvMjAwOC8wNy9mZnRhMi1iei1yZXYuanBn
29-416.png

That eventually becomes the biggest part of the game for me, and I love it!

And so, I end up having a tab for certain quests, jobs that unlock other jobs, a tab for where to find certain ingredients. I'm predicting that by the end of the day, I'll likely have five or six tabs just for that. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I love game experiences like this. My nerd level is in overdrive when doing it but I don’t care, I love it! Following a GameFAQs guide with an FF game is a good time.

kalecsan

Banned
Man I wish there was a story mod for FFTA and FFTA2, the gameplay is gold but imagine a great mini story in every one of the missions and a great overarching story across all of them. Makes me salivate.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hell yea, I use gamefaqs too on the regular. Sometimes for the actual FAQs but mostly to read old threads. I mostly play older games and it can be really entertaining to check the forums on gamefaqs for when the game was announced/released. Reading the hype, or complaints, etc. I've found some gems in there before.

Like this one for instance, REmake on the Wii. lmfao

How come when i aim my gun it doesn't aim in Third Person Mode with a red laser? - Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil (gamespot.com)
I mean this is SO broken.

I aim and my char. just sticks out his/her arms and when i shoot it just hits the zombie anywhere.
How do i aim, in Third Person Mode so i can get easy headshots?

Also, why doesn't the camera follow me?
Instead it just "snaps" to the next frame when i move from one point of the room to the other.

I mean i don't get it.
How come RE4 has it so differently?

I just can't believe that such an awsome game like RE4 has a prequal thats this crappy.
RE0 came out after RE right? and i hear it also has co-op like RE5 so that game must be way better than this one right?

Just like how the first Final Fantasy suck but Final Fantasy 7 is gold?

GeekyDad

Man I wish there was a story mod for FFTA and FFTA2, the gameplay is gold but imagine a great mini story in every one of the missions and a great overarching story across all of them. Makes me salivate.
You gotta admit, though, they did an excellent job weaving the sidequests into a number of different sidestories.

Top Bottom