• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just missed out on two awesome concerts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

Shit on a stick.

This is what I get for being out of the loop.

I open the paper this morning to find a review for the Sonic Youth concert last night. Erm, what the fuck, no one told me they were coming to town!

And then to top it off, I see a nice preview for the upcoming Wilco concert tonight. Nobody told me about that one either.

WHY THE FUCK WEREN'T THEY LISTED IN THE CONCERT LISTINGS ON TV, OR EVEN PREVIEWED OR MENTIONED IN THE PAPER A FEW WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME? FUCK! I DIN'T EVEN KNOW EITHER BAND WAS TOURING SO IT'S NO LIKE I WAS GOING TO BE LOOKING RELIGIOUSLY FOR WHEN THEY WERE GOING TO COME TO MONTREAL!

:( :( :(

This is almost as bad as that time that I missed Radiohead because I had to fucking go to Toronto for a few days.

I'm sad now :(

Where do you live? I'm guessing montreal, though.

I missed Wilco yesterday night, because I'm sick, and I'll be missing out on Sonic Youth this weekend because I'm out of town!

I know the feeling. :(:(:( It relieves me to know that I'm not the only one. :(:(:(

I'm missing out on Sonic Youth because I'm going to Toronto for a few days.

I better be able to make it for the Pixies, or else I'll burst into tears. :(

mattx5

I wonder if the Pixies are coming to Montreal?

*goes to check*

Edit -

11/26/2004 Montreal, QC CEPSUM @ Univ. Of Montreal
11/27/2004 Montreal, QC CEPSUM @ Univ. Of Montreal

Fuck yeah! I'll be there!

White Man

The SY and Wilco tours were set up very quickly after Lollapalooza was cancelled. There was little time between the announcement and the first shows. There wasn't any sort of promoting of the SY show going on here in Seattle.

mattx5

White Man said:
The SY and Wilco tours were set up very quickly after Lollapalooza was cancelled. There was little time between the announcement and the first shows. There wasn't any sort of promoting of the SY show going on here in Seattle.

Well, that would explain a lot, but it still doesn't get rid of the sad feeling in my stomach :(

White Man

It was a hot show, too. And Wolf Eyes is a potentially interesting band. I have to look into them. I think their first big official thingie is due out this year or next. Great harsh noise with an odd sort of momentum. Possibly what Merzbow would song like if he were from Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom