• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love my Gaming Life Right Now! What are you all enjoying?

So many great games, I am really happy where gaming is at and the games that are coming out this year despite the delays into 2022. Still plenty of content to enjoy!

What are you all playing right now and what are your goals before end of the year? What games are you excited to play later this year?

Current Games I am playing

PS5

1 - Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - What a crazy good difference versus the PS4 version. love it! Shooting for 100% Trophies
2 - Returnal - Incredible game that caught my by surprise, probably in my top 5 favorite games this year, depending how others perform - Shooting for 100% trophies
3 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - Pixar Quality games have been reached, enough said and is a classical PS2 throwback - shooting for 100% Trophies
4 - Demon's Souls Remake - Great visual feast, but stuck in the past in terms of game mechanics. Still a masterpiece of a remake, well worth the 100% trophies chase.(Massive souls fan here)

Xbox Series X/PC

1 - MCC - 343 did an amazing job turning this around, super active, fun and very classic - Shooting for 100% achievements before Infinite (Halo 2 LASO will be rough, but worth the challenge!)
2 - Sea of Thieves - One of my favorite games of the decade. When it came out it was barebones, but I knew in my heart that this game had amazing potential. Some of the most fun I've had with my friends and random individuals on the seas

Games I Can't Wait to Play Later This Year

1 - Battlefield 2042 - Looks like its back to the roots! Love the art-style and will be a load of fun with friends or even solo. Glad DICE listened to the fans from what I've seen
2 - Back 4 Blood - I wanted a L4D 3 for a long time, some of my fondest memories with my buddies, this will be a blast to play
3 - Dying Light 2 - Parkour, Zombies, RPG, enuff said
4 - Forza Horizon 5 - Best arcade racing franchise of the last decade and counting. Phenomenal visuals despite being a cross-gen titles, I had 100% achievements in Forza Horizon 4, doing it again in Forza Horizon 5!
5 - Halo Infinite - Multiplayer looks insanely good, battle pass system will raise the bar in the industry with its F2P model and how they are changing everything and how you can buy whatever battle pass season you want from the past or current. A bit cautious about the campaign, but still excited!
6 - Horzion Forbidden West (assuming its coming out this year) i'll gladly play it, had 100% in the first game despite not being a massive fan of it, still a solid game for what it is and i'll gladly play the sequel
7 - Bloodborne Remaster - if the rumors are true, my gaming life will be complete for this year

TLDR - I love gaming. Fuck fanboys. Enjoy whatever you like!

PS5
Nada, and it seems there's nothing coming out for it until fall 2022

XSX
Nothing but at least they will have Halo as bad as it might be and Forza Horizon which is looking pretty good.

So this fall we know XSX is going to be the console to play.

PS5: Final Fantasy Intergrade (Got sick of waiting for Xbox version)

XSX: Hollow knight
Soon start Evil Within 2
Waiting on Disco Elysium

Games I cant wait to play:

Forza: shot up to my #1 and I'm not a driving game fan, but I just wanna see it on my oled
Back 4 Blood: Need me a good new multiplayer
New COD: If its on the MW engine I'll be happy
A million and a half indies...too many to list

kyliethicc

So many great games, I am really happy where gaming is at and the games that are coming out this year despite the delays into 2022. Still plenty of content to enjoy!

What are you all playing right now and what are your goals before end of the year? What games are you excited to play later this year?

PS5

1 - Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - What a crazy good difference versus the PS4 version. love it! Shooting for 100% Trophies
2 - Returnal - Incredible game that caught my by surprise, probably in my top 5 favorite games this year, depending how others perform - Shooting for 100% trophies
3 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - Pixar Quality games have been reached, enough said and is a classical PS2 throwback - shooting for 100% Trophies
4 - Demon's Souls Remake - Great visual feast, but stuck in the past in terms of game mechanics. Still a masterpiece of a remake, well worth the 100% trophies chase.(Massive souls fan here)

Xbox Series X/PC

1 - MCC - 343 did an amazing job turning this around, super active, fun and very classic - Shooting for 100% achievements before Infinite (Halo 2 LASO will be rough, but worth the challenge!)
2 - Sea of Thieves - One of my favorite games of the decade. When it came out it was barebones, but I knew in my heart that this game had amazing potential. Some of the most fun I've had with my friends and random individuals on the seas

1 - Battlefield 2042 - Looks like its back to the roots! Love the art-style and will be a load of fun with friends or even solo. Glad DICE listened to the fans from what I've seen
2 - Back 4 Blood - I wanted a L4D 3 for a long time, some of my fondest memories with my buddies, this will be a blast to play
4 - Forza Horizon 5 - Best arcade racing franchise of the last decade and counting. Phenomenal visuals despite being a cross-gen titles, I had 100% achievements in Forza Horizon 4, doing it again in Forza Horizon 5!
5 - Halo Infinite - Multiplayer looks insanely good, battle pass system will raise the bar in the industry with its F2P model and how they are changing everything and how you can buy whatever battle pass season you want from the past or current. A bit cautious about the campaign, but still excited!
6 - Horzion Forbidden West (assuming its coming out this year) i'll gladly play it, had 100% in the first game despite not being a massive fan of it, still a solid game for what it is and i'll gladly play the sequel
7 - Bloodborne Remaster - if the rumors are true, my gaming life will be complete for this year

I'm playing Knack 2 baby!

wNeztwa.jpg
28DIAUZ.jpg

R0PcarO.jpg

Tan27Zj.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Currently playing:
AI: The Somnium Files (PS5)
Scarlet Nexus(PS5)
Final Fantasy VIIR Intergrade (PS5)
SMTIII Nocturne (PS5)
Monster Hunter Rise (SW)

Games I'm waiting:
Great Ace Attorney (SW)
No More Heroes III (SW)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)
Tales of Arise (PS5)
Shin Megami Tensei V (SW)
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (SW)

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Guilty Gear Strive is absolutely fucking amazing.
Scarlet Nexus seems really good, but I'm just a few hours in.
A guilty pleasure on the side lol. Japanese Rail Sim: Journey to Kyoto.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm playing some of these a lot more frequent than others, but all of them within the last few weeks at least a little bit.

PS5
Hitman 3 - I do the monthly featured contracts, new escalations, and of course the elusive targets when they release. Just a great game to return to, plus with VR it's even better.
Dark Souls 3 - Just started 2 more characters (Pyromancer and a Faith build). One to play through with a friend as he hasn't done the DLC and the other to run solo.
Rainbow Six Siege - I still play this a decent amount, but nothing compared to previous years. I have over 2000 hours in this now.
Battlefield V - Installed last month and play it quite often with friends. The gunplay and pacific maps are a blast.
Chivalry 2 - Haven't played this in a week, but will be hopping on it again this week. It really needs more maps or challenges to go for.

PS4
Yakuza 0 - Finally getting around to playing this. After beating Judgment and Kiwami back to back I took a break from being Yakuza'd out lol

Switch
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - I'm slowly making my way through this. Just a fun quirky game to play.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 [DEMO] - Started this today actually. So far it's okay, and I'll probably grab it eventually. Demo is plenty long though, I'll give them that.

PC
Eternal Card Game - I often play this when watching a movie or just browsing.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the old one) - Will randomly play this when not sure what else to play.

Upcoming Purchases
Sniper Elite VR (PSVR) - Haven't played a VR game in a few weeks, but this game is looking great.
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Switch) - I've never played this series before, but this looks like a perfect jumping in point.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5) - Love the art style and the overall feeling of the game from videos so far. Should be a fun time.
Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 (PS5) - This version was delayed, so I'm still waiting on it. These games aren't amazing, but improve each time and the sniping is great.
Deathloop (PS5) - While different gameplay loop, still has that Dishonored core feel and I think it will be a blast.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Platinumed R&C, Demon Souls and Returnal. Playing Metal Gear Rising, L.A. Noire on PC and thinking of doing a new build for Dark Souls III. Although I don't run youtube and stuff I spend a lot of time testing technical aspects of game. Tested Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and its HDR implementation yesterday. Thinking of giving a shot to The Last guardian (but also thinking of waiting for an official patch)

I want to pour one out for both Xbox and PS for keeping us all entertained.

PS4 was a howling mess a console in terms of hardware but wow did it provide me with memorable games.
Xbox Series S was the proverbial dynamite in a small package. Fast, efficient and quiet. Ran like a champ.

PS5 is what I'm looking forward to and it upcoming games but also looking at what Xbox can bring us. They're hungry and I like a hungry Xbox as we've all seen what they can do as evidenced with the Xbox 360.

All in all I've never been happier and there's lots to look forward to. Great thread idea OP. We need some more of these positive threads around here.

EDIT: So while i'm console-less, I'm enjoying Clash Royale on my Samsung S21 Ultra 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Doki Doki Literature Club and Axiom Verge.

The plan is to platinum the aforementioned in addition to Bloodstained: RotN, Salt & Sanctuary, Bayonetta, and The Messenger before Hades and Kena:BOS release.

The saddest part? If successful, my platinum tally will sit at 47 for 2021.

I’ve been playing Modern Warfare on the PC for two years straight now. I once in awhile get on Fortnite just to see what the new updates are but it isn’t the same like it was back in 2018-2019. Nba 2k21, madden, the show now that it’s on xbox have been fun.

But aside from that it’s been boring. I’m a dude bro bascially, I look forward to the annual shooters but they‘ve been disappointing for awhile. Might try Valorant.

Hoddi

Doom Eternal on PC. I wasn't expecting much but I'm having a blast with it. FPSes mostly bore me at this point but it's different enough to keep me glued.

I've also been playing Mario 3D Land on 3DS and Dragon's Crown on PS3 on the side.

laynelane

I've been playing Persona 4 on PS3 occasionally and have been slowly going through the God of War series, playing them in chronological order. I'm at Ghost of Sparta right now. I had to take a break from PS4 due to heat and noisy fan. But today I finally buckled down, took the console apart and cleaned it. Now that it's completely silent, I'll get back to Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 7. No PS5 yet but when I have one, first game will be Demon's Souls.

Arcadialane

Enjoying gaming a lot at the moment. As much as it may be hated, I'm loving my series s, a super cheap buy in for next gen and im happy with it. Gamepass has had me playing a lot more than usual, games from each generation, and series's I've never tried before.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
My main game at the moment is Wolfenstein 2, but I'm also playing a bit of Ori and Dishonored Death of the Outsider on the side.

Looking forward to Halo Infinite, No More Heroes 3, Psychonauts 2, Metroid Dread, and probably more. I'm not entierly sure about the release dates for a lot of upcoming games.

Still going through Yakuza Series (on 3 now, bit hard after how good 0 and the Kiwamis are). Playing a bit of Psychonauts, Octopath Traveler, Forza Horizon 4, and then MCC when craving multiplayer

Mr.ODST

PS5

Xbox Series X/PC

GL on the Halo 2 LASO run, that is seriously one of the hardest things to ever achieve in life.

Banjo64

cumsessed
PS5
Currently platting God of War
Sekiro, Astrobot, Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian are my other installed games to plat and then I’m done with PS4 games.

Series S
Rotate between MCC, Rocket League, Sea of Thieves and Gears 5 online. Have Hollow Knight, Pillars of Eternity and Octopath Traveller through Game Pass on my to do list.

Switch
Just Pokémon to finish but I think it’s a chore, and MH Rise.

TheAssist

Just been replaying through FF7 Remake and the last few days played through the INTERmission DLC. What an amazing piece of DLC. I loved it so much. The music. Hot damnd the music in this is fan.fucking.tas.tic. And the gameplay is a pure joy to behold. Even beat all the post game super bosses, something I never do in other games. But this was just too much fun.

Also, the fort condor minigame was so much fun. Really looking forward to part 2. Even more than before.

Ratchet and clank a little bit here and a little bit there and some BF4 in anticipation for 2042 on the side.

I'm thinking of buying Sayonara Wild Hearts today.... looks interesting. And maybe Returnal when it drops a bit in price eventually.

Looking forward to Horizon, God of War, Gran Turismo, the GoT DLC. It feels interesting being back in the console game that heavily after over a decade on PC. But last year was a great year for the PS4 and the PS5 is an amazing machine for just 400 bucks. I couldnt even get half a 3070 for that price. And god I love the fact that you just turn on the console and the game is just there ready to play. Human brains crave this instant gratification man. Now I actually do want Sony to have something like fast resume from the XBox Series. Its a better feature than expected.

I feel like most of gaming is in a good place right now. So much variety, so many different ways to play at so many different price points. From High budget single time payment, to mid tier budget AA, to lower budget indy, all the way down to free to pay or even subscription models for insane bang for you buck. You can play on a console, a PC, or on mobile (and yes good mobile games do exist). Its just really hard to not find something you might like (unless you keep looking at the same 3 publishers every time). I guess RTS games are in a bit of dry stretch (and I dont like AoE).

But yeah, I am happy with the way things are right now. And being happy not being grumpy and "concerned" feels really good man. More people should try it.

Edit: Its kinda funny how some people come into this positive thread just to leave some negativity. Get out and open another thread then, or join one of the hundreds of other concern threads.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

PS5
Returnal
FFXIV
FF7R Intergrade
Metro Exodus
Ratchet and Clank
Assassins Creed Valhalla

Xbox
Halo MCC
Halo 5
Forza Horizon
Sea of Theives

Switch
Legend of Mana
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Steins;Gate on my upstairs PS3. Pretty entertaining visual novel.

Scarlet Nexus on the living room PS5. Like the action and artstyle a lot.

Magic Arena on the PC. Very frustrating but very fun too. I came to understand the aim of Magic is to have your opponent quit Magic forever.

Last edited:

Ferdimage

Guilty Gear Strive (most of hours spent here)
Replaying Dark Souls 3
Replaying TitanFall 2 (Modded with JP voices)

Life is good, until Elden Ring comes

Last edited:

ARK1391

Finally about to finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2, such a deep and interesting combat system, even if the anime tropes are too much for me personally, I've still put almost 80 hours into it.

Then I'm off to Disgaea 6 and whatever else catches my eye this year! Actually enjoying the lull in releases so I can catch up on my backlog a bit. Still gotta finish that Returnal platinum...

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Good for you op. I'm not playing much at the moment. I'm a little broke and nothing is grabbing me anyway. Resi 8 was the last game I beat.

I'll never understand the gamers that play several single-player games at the same time. I can't get invested in a game if I'm still working on another.

Right now, I'm playing Fallen Order. I'm not a Star Wars guy and didn't plan on playing this, but it sounded like a good game on its own, so I decided to jump in. I do like it so far, but I hate the map system. It almost makes finding my way around even harder than if there was no map at all.

Top Bottom