• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love my Gaming Life Right Now! What are you all enjoying?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition and I play a lot of NES online on Switch right now.

Kuranghi

Grim Fandango Remastered, I always forgot how much better the writing is in this game than 99.9% of games. Its still so funny and both the delivery and timing is amazing.

I've played through this game like ten 10) times since it came out but I'm discovering so much hidden dialogue I never heard by trying to examine and pick up everything! Once I knew what to do I just steamrolled through on subsequent playthroughs, can't believe I've been missing all this great dialogue all these years!

I think I did once trigger the Robert Frost line in the past, vague memories, but that had me laughing at loud when I did it last night!

Yet you're the one playing all the video games, so who has no life? Get out ya mums basement, and go outside, you soggy biscuit
I work from home my dude and run my own business, live on my own and make money and play video games.

As I said. Your momma never loved ya and your papa took off. :)

Last edited:
I'll never understand the gamers that play several single-player games at the same time. I can't get invested in a game if I'm still working on another.

Right now, I'm playing Fallen Order. I'm not a Star Wars guy and didn't plan on playing this, but it sounded like a good game on its own, so I decided to jump in. I do like it so far, but I hate the map system. It almost makes finding my way around even harder than if there was no map at all.
I think that's more of a personality trait type of a thing. Some people are okay with playing multiple single player, some are not.

Usually for me I play 1 game for a few days straight and then switch it up to another even if I haven't finished it.

But I always end up finishing them within a month's time unless there are some crazy trophies that take more dedication than normal.

But what if they enjoy their fanboy misery? :p

I've been playing mostly old stuff this year. Just finished Bowser's Inside Story on DS, and it was great.
Then they are not gamers but corporate shills who live in denial and don't realize that brand loyalty doesn't actually exists and companies at the end of the day don't give a fuck about them.

Matsuchezz

PS5 I am having a blast with Returnal, and Uncharted 4, I recently bought little nightmares and will be playing 13 Sentinels and Little Nightmares 2 after i beat those 3.

SinDelta

Doing a play through of the Xenoblade Trilogy, for real this time. Nearing the end of XDE and just starting X.

Pretty absolutely incredible. Even with being spoiled via cultural osmosis or my curiosity it's amazing how Xenoblade just works.

I'm looking forward to Monster Hunter Stories 2, NEO the World Ends With You, Great Ace Detective, Shin Megami Tensi V and Tales of Arise.

Would like to eventually get Bravely Default 2, Nier Replicant and Scarlet Nexus at some point.

Last edited:

twilo99

xcloud is absolutely amazing for role playing games so I'm on yakuza 0 and GTA since I've never played them.

I just got a 6800xt so looking forward to battlefield

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm feeling this thread, because I feel like I've been playing an embarrassment of riches lately. Here it is:

- Super Mario Odyssey, first time playing
- Breath of the Wild, first time playing
- Ninja Gaiden Black on hard mode
- Halo 3 campaign

All of them masterclass in design. Okay, maybe I'm speaking too soon on Breath of the Wild, as I've just begun, but I'm hoping it comes together and lives up to the other titles.

I'm feeling this thread, because I feel like I've been playing an embarrassment of riches lately. Here it is:

- Super Mario Odyssey, first time playing
- Breath of the Wild, first time playing
- Ninja Gaiden Black on hard mode
- Halo 3 campaign

All of them masterclass in design. Okay, maybe I'm speaking too soon on Breath of the Wild, as I've just begun, but I'm hoping it comes together and lives up to the other titles.
I loved super Mario oddesey. Tried BotW, while I respect the game and understand why people like it. I realize its not really for me. The weapon durability made me not wanna play it :/

My dads dead, and my mum loves me very much.

Anything else loner?
Sorry about your dad if your telling the truth.

Idk man, it's not what I heard from your mother the other night I spent with her. She tells you that to keep you happy.

On a serious note - I am done with being toxic and trash talking. Was fun while it lasted. Moving on.

INC

Sorry about your dad if your telling the truth.

Idk man, it's not what I heard from your mother the other night I spent with her. She tells you that to keep you happy.

On a serious note - I am done with being toxic and trash talking. Was fun while it lasted. Moving on.

She's tells you what you wanna hear, because u let her keep the change

Bryank75

Banned
Platinum'd R&C
Playing a few races in Wreckfest whenever I can fit it in and the fancy takes me.
Exploring in No Mans Sky

Going to start back into Demons Souls. Still have to go back to Sackboy too.

Have a few games to polish off the platinum in...like Control and Miles Morales.

Will probably pick up Returnal and Scarlet Nexus next.

Very looking forward to Horizon FW, Ghost expansion, Kena, Little Devil Inside and Sifu as well as possibly BF2042 depending on reviews.

Early half of next year looks great too with GT7 and GOW sequel possibly dropping.

Just a positive thing to say about XBox..... Forza Horizon 5 looks great and if it was on PS5, I'd play the shit out of it. Enjoy that Xbox peeps!

Topher

Gold Member
I've been on a PlayStation trophy kick lately.

PS5: Mass Effect Legendary. Three games, three platinum trophies.

After that, probably Ratchet and Clank

april6e

I've never had as much fun playing games as I have currently. I am lucky enough to have been able to build my dream PC so I've been playing some truly great games in 4k/60fps with graphic mods and loving it.

Currently have been really enjoy Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers and slowly working through the Hitman Trilogy which has pleasantly surpassed what I thought it was going to be in every way. The rest of the year looks weak but Deathloop and Forza Horizon 5 should be fun.

Last edited:
i left gaming for a while , but fk am i gladto be back lol , doom eternal, wreckfest , just starting plague tail , mk11 , umm back on bf4 tdm, war thunder(fkin top game) , man loving gaming again , cheers p5(and ultrawide) :)

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's gonna be a hot second until I can track down a reasonably priced PS5, so I've been replaying the entirety of the Resident Evil series. Last completed game was 3R, now in the final chapters of 4. Haven't played 7 or 8 yet, so that'll be nifty.

Also meaning to check out Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, but I'm a little burnt out on open world games right now.

Kuranghi

I've never had as much fun playing games as I have currently. I am lucky enough to have been able to build my dream PC so I've been playing some truly great games in 4k/60fps with graphic mods and loving it.

Currently have been really enjoy Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers and slowly working through the Hitman Trilogy which has pleasantly surpassed what I thought it was going to be in every way. The rest of the year looks weak but Deathloop and Forza Horizon 5 should be fun.

I love those games so much, haven't even got into H3 yet, but its waiting for me any time.

What H1/H2 level are you currently working on? I want to hit you with some sweet easter eggs/lore/fun facts/tips, no spoilers ofc.

I've played for over 1000 hours and I saw like 10 new things (reactions, dialogue) just the other day. I love it.

april6e

I love those games so much, haven't even got into H3 yet, but its waiting for me any time.

What H1/H2 level are you currently working on? I want to hit you with some sweet easter eggs/lore/fun facts/tips, no spoilers ofc.

I've played for over 1000 hours and I saw like 10 new things (reactions, dialogue) just the other day. I love it.

I just reached Hitman 3. I'm currently on the Dartmoor level.

MiguelItUp

PS5: It's sleepin'
Switch: It's sleepin'
PC: Chivalry 2, with a dash of Quake Champions because of the new Quake 1 anniversary content

I'm REALLY looking forward to this holiday season though.

Kuranghi

I just reached Hitman 3. I'm currently on the Dartmoor level.

Oh I've not played H3 fully yet haha so I'm a bit useless there. General fun facts then:

Did you know you can activate many things from a distance with a gun? You can shoot extension plugs to "rewire" them without having to find a screwdriver. Same with many buttons you can press, you can actually just shoot them from a distance, that changes the scope of what you can do quite a bit.

Astral Dog

This year, despite the calm has given very cool surprises: RE Village, Neo The World Ends With You and Metroid Dread 👌

And new trailers/cool announcements like Elden Ring and FF Origins, still by September we will have another big bunch of news 😁

april6e

Oh I've not played H3 fully yet haha so I'm a bit useless there. General fun facts then:

Did you know you can activate many things from a distance with a gun? You can shoot extension plugs to "rewire" them without having to find a screwdriver. Same with many buttons you can press, you can actually just shoot them from a distance, that changes the scope of what you can do quite a bit.

Oh, that's very interesting. That was something that always annoyed me. Not being able to find a screwdriver/wrench in a level. Thanks for the tip.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Playing Dark Souls 3 at the moment and having a great ass time! Haven't commited to it since it launched. I got it for Xbone back then and I'm now playing on PS4Pro. I'm not sure why but I'm somewhat steamrolling through the game! Just beat Pontiff Sulyvahn on my first try and I'm positive it took me dozens of tries the first time around. Granted back then it was my very first Souls game but still. So yeah having a great time!

Kuranghi

Oh, that's very interesting. That was something that always annoyed me. Not being able to find a screwdriver/wrench in a level. Thanks for the tip.

Wrench you still need unfortunately, I guess cause you are turning something instead of "breaking it" and sometimes you always needs the tool but it works for a lot of things.

Another nice one is this, the global timer for scripting actually starts when the game fades in during the intro, so if you skip the intro you will start X seconds earlier in everyones cycle, this sometimes allows you to get to places you couldn't if you watch the intro. Even if you haven't been watching the intro after the first time spamming skip can give you a few extra seconds than you are used to.

Oh and use this to find items/tools after you've searched most of the map:

Sometimes there might be a tool closer to where you want to do the thing and it changes what you can do.

Last edited:

stn

I've been making steady progress through my backlog and basically playing no more than two games at a time. I've also held off on buying new games to give myself some breathing room, but at some point I'm going to purchase all the games I've missed recently, such as Nier, Astral Chain, NFS Heat, and a bunch of other titles.

Now Playing:
Trials Of Mana (Switch) - I only just started, but I really like it so far. The combat is good and I am enjoying the light feel of the story.
Devil May Cry HD Collection (XBO) - Going through DMC3, then planning to finish 1 and 2. Never beat any of them.

Next:
Hitman 2 (XBO) - I started this a long time ago and have been stuck on mission two for a while.
Hitman 3 (XBO) - Right after 2, basically.
Sekiro (PS4) - Have been making my way through but took a break.
Onimusha - 2, 3, and Dawn of Dreams (PS2) - Always wanted to play them all.

iHaunter

PS5:
Miles Morales
Demon's Souls Remake
Ratchet and Clank - RR
Returnal
FFVII - Intergarde

Xbox:

PC:
FFXIV - Stormblood Story
League of Legends (IDK Why)
Nier Replicant

What's this? A positive thread about gaming in current year?

NOT MUH NEOGAF!

Currently playing :

322032-the-legend-of-legacy-launch-edition-nintendo-3ds-other.jpg
592259-borderlands-3-playstation-4-manual.jpg

701286-immortals-fenyx-rising-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg

81S48pV3pML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

PC
Ori and the will o wisp. Loving it. About halfway done
Apex Legends. Enjoy with friends and kids.
Still trying to finish re7. It's too God damned scary for me.
Started doom eternal and about an hour in a figured it wasn't for me.
Just got sekiro. Playing it in short bursts so I don't get frustrated. Not very far.

Phase

Was playing Far Cry 5 but uninstalled. Not feeling it.
Now trying to give Days Gone another chance.

Digity

Basically only playing Gran Turismo Sport and Escape From Tarkov right now. Been that way for quite awhile lol. Both games get put on hold when a big single player game drops but then it’s quickly back to the GTS and EFT.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Anthem. Apparently it’s a bad game but it should be a symbol for Dice’s technology, and how it plays. I’ll decide if it’s bad after I finish it.

stn

Lately just Devil May Cry 3 HD (XBO). Its solid but it does not dethrone Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden 2 for me. I enjoy the characters and lore but the fixed camera is honestly atrocious sometimes. Combat can be really infuriating when you can't even see what's attacking you, and the platforming is trash. Its still solid overall and I am definitely going to replay it.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I was excited to replay Splinter Cell Conviction for the first time in about 10 years but for whatever reason it runs like shit on my PC. My gaming life is shit right now. 😢

SpiceRacz

Banjo Kazooie and Ys IX with some League of Legends in between. Also started Mass Effect 2, but I'm going to give that my full attention once I finish the other games.

PS4 Pro: Dead #RIP #Noisybastard #ProblemChild
Xbox Series S: Sold
PS5: Coming
PC: Nothing for now. Just got it so have to enjoy working 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom