• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made a list of the release dates of upcoming PS exclusives, these are the results

yurinka

After the Gamescom event I was curious and started to write down and sort them to get an idea of how it looks the near future regarding PS exclusives. This is what I found:

Officially announced upcoming exclusives
  • September 7, 2021 - F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch
  • September 14, 2021 - Deathloop
  • September 21, 2021 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • September 24, 2021 - Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • October 5, 2021 - Jett: The Far Shore
  • October 26, 2021 - Solar Ash
  • 2021 - Nour: Play With Your Food
  • 2021 - Uncharted 4 PC port
  • 2021 - Relayer (space opera anime SRPG with mechas by Kadokawa)
  • 2021 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach (its main creator has retired, and plans to continue wiht other people he trusts, so may get delayed or even canned)
  • ???? - Little Devil Inside (supposed to be released July 2021, no new date announced)
  • January, 2022 - Forspoken
  • February 18, 2022 - Horizon 2
  • February 22, 2022 - Sifu
  • Early 2022 - Stray
  • 2022 - Gran Turismo 7
  • 2022 - Ghostwire Tokyo
  • 2022 - God of War Ragnarok
  • 2022 - Goodbye Volcanus High
  • 2022 - Next Insonmiac game (We know they will release a game next year, we know they are working on Spider-Man 2 and in more games, but we don't know if they will release Spider-Man 2 in 2022)
  • TBA (2022?) - Babylon's Fall (TBA but very likely a 2022 game, it had a beta this summer)
  • TBA - PSVR2 (and pretty likely a few exclusive launch window games, as usual)
  • TBA - Season
  • TBA - Final Fantasy XVI
  • TBA - Final Fantasy VIIR Episode 2
  • TBA - Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • TBA - Project Awakening
  • TBA - Bend's new IP
  • TBA - Wild: TBA (canned?)
Additional unannounced exclusives that we know are coming via Sony job offers, Sony interviews or leaks
  • Guerrilla: Working on a game with MP since 2018 that isn't Horizon 2 (via job offers)
  • Sony San Diego's 2nd studio (part of Visual Arts Service Group): TLOU1 remake (leaked by Schreier)
  • Naughty Dog: TLOU2 MP standalone game, helping VASD with the TLOU1 remake, probably TLOU2 Director's Cut/PS5 port and -if not canned when Bend left the project- an Uncharted spin-off (leaked by Schreier)
  • SSM: Working on another game that isn't GoWR (via job offers)
  • Pixel Opus: Working on a game in a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation (via Sony IR report)
  • Sony London Studio: they a are working on a 'massive', 'AAA', 'brand new next gen IP' (via job offers)
  • Housemarque: AAA 'bigger than Returnal' (via Housemarque interview)
  • Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2? (hinted a GoT2 multiple times in multiple SP interviews and mentioned they wanted to turn it onto a series)
  • Team Asobi: 3D acton game with humor bigger than Astro's Playroom (via job offers)
  • Media Molecule: Working on Dreams and maybe another game (via interviews)
  • XDEV + Haven: GaaS AAA new IP with MP (via press release and interviews)
  • XDEV + Firewalk: AAA new IP with MP (via press release and interviews)
  • XDEV + Deviation: AAA new IP (with MP?) (via press release and interviews)
  • XDEV Liverpool: European 2nd party games, maybe for PSVR2 launch or Arrowhead's game that is in development since 2015 (it's what they do)
  • XDEV Japan: more Asian 2nd party games, like Death Stranding and Bloodborne (via interviews)
  • Insomniac: They work multiple games at the same time, expect them to release one per year (via interviews)
  • Nixxes: more old PC ports (via interviews)
NOTE FOR ANGRY FANBOYS: this list includes all kind of game exclusives: full exclusives, console exclusives, timed exclusives, timed console exclusives and so on, which also are exclusives. Please stop derailing the thread.

Other games from Sony that we officially know are coming but aren't exclusive

• April 2022? - MLB The Show 22 (it's a yearly series)

What do you think? Feel free to suggest additions or fixes, I may have forgot something.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

2022 - Next Insonmiac game (Spider-Man 2 maybe? Unannounced but we know they'll release a game next year
Not gonna happen.

Alot of these arent exclusive like Deathloop or MLB

Quasicat

Deathloop, Kena, MLB The Show 22, Ghostwire Tokyo. ExClUsiVE gAEms.

Uncharted 4 PC is listed, under the heading ‘upcoming PS exclusives’…

Quality bread.
Have they said if Kena is coming to the Xbox. I have a PS4 and a Series X and would love to see it running in 4K/60 and possibly HDR. I’m even willing to wait a while for exclusivity to end to play it.

DeepSpace5D

I know Insomniac have a very impressive workrate, but even for them I’m not sure it’s possible for Spiderman 2 to be a 2022 game. It still feels like Miles Morales just came out.

yurinka

I see the word exclusive is being applied more loosely by the day on NeoGAF.
No. These games won't be released on the consoles of the competition. Most of them never, a few of them not during a period of time.

Deathloop, Kena, MLB The Show 22, Ghostwire Tokyo. ExClUsiVE gAEms.

Uncharted 4 PC is listed, under the heading ‘upcoming PS exclusives’…
I forgot they now release MLB on Xbox too, I'll remove it.

All the other ones are exclusive because won't be released on Xbox or Switch, at least during a period of time. Timed exclusives and timed console exclusives appear everywhere named exclusives quite often without mentioning they are timed. Like in many MS, Nintendo or Sony youtube channel trailers / conferences / events.

Quality bread.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Concern

Seems more like guesses

GoW 2 2022? We've seen nothing.
Spiderman 2 2022? Insomniac just finished MM and Ratchet.
UC 4 pc? Never heard of this but why are we counting a pc port?
GT? I don't think they even know when they're releasing their game.

yurinka

Seems more like guesses
No
GoW 2 2022? We've seen nothing.
GoW was originally officially announced as 2021 game, was officially delayed to 2022. To delay it a few months for extra polish, to avoid some crunch plus the typical gamedev delay or typical covid delay makes sense. To delay it 2 years doesn't make sense at all.

Spiderman 2 2022? Insomniac just finished MM and Ratchet.
Inmsoniac releases a game per year, and in the past even multipe games per year. They develop multiple games at the same time and like all Sony 1st party studios have been growing and are growing.

We know one of their upcoming projects is Spider-Man 2 and we know they will release a game in 2022. But they didn't confirm if their 2022 game is Spider-Man.

UC 4 pc? Never heard of this but why are we counting a pc port?
Yes, they announced it oficially and mentoned is coming this year. Not I don't remember if they specified 2021 or the fiscal year. It's a console exclusive with a release date, so since I was making a list of release dates of exclusives I added it.

GT? I don't think they even know when they're releasing their game.
It was officially announced to be released H1 2021, but got delayed until 2022 due to covid. Very likely they will release it H1 2022.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Only god of war and Horzion 2 for me. Slim pickings for sure. Hope they got some big surprises fir next year fir sure.

exclusive used loosely as always….

Last edited:

yurinka

Yeah I see 8 actual release dates, a bunch of (possible) release years, and a pile of speculation and bullshit.
Unless specified with a question mark all the release dates or release years I listed there are official.
Excluding Schreier's leak about what ND and the 2nd San Diego/SASG studio are doing and the obvious assumptioin of that their European XDEV team will be doing European XDEV (which is obvious), everyhting else comes from public info from these dev/publishers.

TBA 2022 if we follow the rest of the list. 😅
Rockstar didn't announce it as 2022 game and didn't have any beta this year, so I didn't list it as 2022. I assume it will be cancelled.

Have they said if Kena is coming to the Xbox.
As far as I know, it only has been announced for PS and PC and they didn't specify if it's a full console exclusive of if it's a timed console exclusive. Being indies and their first game, I assume they will first do the PS version and depending on how it works if their deal with Sony allows it then in the future they will consider if to port it to Xbox or not.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Very very weak list.
Only FF16 and Gran Turismo 7 interest me - but GT7's crossgen is still a major bummer.
That Jett exclusive game they showed today looked so terrible.
Sony's got to start showing new stuff.

MrFunSocks

Banned
How many of those are timed exclusives? I also wouldn't be listing PC ports of previously released exclusive games. You're also listing unannounced games.

Classic fanboy list war tactics.

As far as I know, it only has been announced for PS and PC and they didn't specify if it's a full console exclusive of if it's a timed console exclusive. Being indies and their first game, I assume they will first do the PS version and depending on how it works if their deal with Sony allows it then in the future they will consider if to port it to Xbox or not.
Unless sony sang from the rooftops that it is 100% console exclusive, it isn't. That's how they work. It happened with games like the crash bandicoot remaster and people still don't learn.

Last edited:

Handel

No

GoW was originally officially announced as 2021 game, was officially delayed to 2022. To delay it a few months for extra polish, to avoid some crunch plus the typical gamedev delay or typical covid delay makes sense. To delay it 2 years doesn't make sense at all.
GoW was officially lied about as a 2021 title, then they officially told the truth about the year they're aiming to get the game out, and now it could be actually delayed to 2023.

It's also the only actual exclusive I care about on that list, so take your time SSM, I can wait. Can't wait to play Stray on PC.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Unless specified with a question mark all the release dates or release years I listed there are official.
Excluding Schreier's leak about what ND and the 2nd San Diego/SASG studio are doing and the obvious assumptioin of that their European XDEV team will be doing European XDEV (which is obvious), everyhting else comes from public info from these dev/publishers.

Rockstar didn't announce it as 2022 game and didn't have any beta this year, so I didn't list it as 2022. I assume it will be cancelled.

If it’s also on pc it’s not an exclusive right. At least that’s what I’ve see preached in the past.

yurinka

GoW was officially lied about as a 2021 title, then they officially told the truth about the year they're aiming to get the game out, and now it could be actually delayed to 2023.

It's also the only actual exclusive I care about on that list, so take your time SSM, I can wait. Can't wait to play Stray on PC.
I love these tin foil conspiracy theories. The aliens are behind the delays, for sure! The government is lying to us!

If it’s also on pc it’s not an exclusive right. At least that’s what I’ve see preached in the past.
Console exclusives are also exclusives. There are different types of exclusives, and console exclusives is one of them. Different than a full exclusive, a timed exclusive or to a timed console exclusive. But still a exclusive.

Unless sony sang from the rooftops that it is 100% console exclusive, it isn't. That's how they work. It happened with games like the crash bandicoot remaster and people still don't learn.
Who knows, sometimes indies only release on a single console because don't have time, budget or resources to release on other consoles. In this case it's a good looking promising game, which has potential to get money hatted. And it has been feature several times on PS events and has been announced as PS console exclusive, so I'd bet it's very likely that they will have been money hatted at least to become a timed console exclusive in a deal that in addition to money included some marketing push, as usual with similar indies.

Crash Bandicoot remaster is not related at all with thisindie game. Crash Bandicoot is since decades ago a multiplatform IP owned by a multiplatform AAA publisher, who had no reason to make the remasters exclusive unless got paid a shit ton of money to keep that super seller IP exclusive. This is only another indice console exclusive, that may end being a timed console exclusive. After getting $25B in revenue, this little indie exclusive should be like pocket change for Sony.

How many of those are timed exclusives?
I don't know, I didn't count them but pretty likely most 3rd party exclusives, as also happens in the case of Nintendo and MS.

I also wouldn't be listing PC ports of previously released exclusive games. You're also listing unannounced games.
It lists release dates of exclusives. Uncharte 4 is a full exclusive that with the port will become a console exclusive, which still is an exclusive. And it has a release date window, so it's in the list.

Classic fanboy list war tactics.
Classic fanboy ad hominem.

You forgot releasing the same game on pc is another exclusive as well.
Console exclusives are still exclusives. You won't be able to play this game in the other consoles.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Console exclusives are also exclusives. There are different types of exclusives, and console exclusives is one of them. Different than a full exclusive, a timed exclusive or to a timed console exclusive. But still a exclusive.
how about we try instead to not obsess over word "exclusive"? At this point is just a meaningless marketing jargon to trick fools who want to feel like they're part of some premium club.

Last edited:

yurinka

how about we try instead to not obsess over word "exclusive"? At this point is just a meaningless marketing jargon for fools who want to feel like they're part of some premium club.
Lol, obsessed? What are you talking about? I'm only debating about games in a gaming forum, in this case about the definition of a common term. I you don't like to read people talking about games I don't know why are you here.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
CTRL-F 'Hot Shots Golf'
no results found
CTRL-F "Everybody's Golf'
no results found
futurama-bender.gif

Quasicat

Thanks for the response. Honestly, depending on how the reviews turn out, I don’t think I can wait to play it on PS4. Especially at $40, by the time it gets pushed out on Xbox, I hope to have a PS5 making it pointless to wait.

Guilty_AI

Lol, obsessed? What are you talking about? I'm only debating about games in a gaming forum, in this case about the definition of a common term. I you don't like to read people talking about games I don't know why are you here.
Okay, since this is a gaming forum to talk about games, then lets discuss all games coming to playstation rather than just games coming to playstation ""exclusively"".
Yay, even more games to talk about, that can only mean more joy, right? Right?

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I see the word exclusive is being applied more loosely by the day on NeoGAF.
Some of those titles are legitimately exclusive. Some are timed and some are "console" exclusive. You know this already.

I personally get annoyed when people say exclusive for "console" exclusives.

MrA

Banned
Amazing how Nintendo with a single exclusive can shoot down all the games from that list.

This is a dying industry.

let's be real, real gamers buy micro-transaction, and sony is the console micro-transaction KING
that list doesn't include the microtransaction rich multiplatform games that PlayStation owners swoon over, fifa, madden, cod, nba 2k and the big one, gta 5 again, for the next 7 years, those will all hit 5 to 15 million sold each year, and nintendo's best can't compete with gta 5, the ultimate microtransaction experience, them shark cards, delicious
you say micro-transaction and PlayStation owners start to got hot under the collar with how excited they get, one peek at the PlayStation revenue streams shows it.

I personally get annoyed when people say exclusive for "console" exclusives.
Even the term console exclusive is nonsense to me. You don't need a specific hardware to play a game? So it's not exclusive, otherwise we also could have bullshit like "current gen console exclusive" and sudddenly MS had a ton of "exclusive" 360 era games. When MS started porting the majority of GAF was fine with saying "not exclusive at all" and they were right in my opinion. But now console exclusive is a thing.

TonyK

January, 2022 - Forspoken. No way that's happening. I think final fantasy xvi will be out before this.
In fact, I totally assume that neither Forspoken and Final XVI will be ready for a 2022 launch. It's Square, if they launch them in 2023 will be even too fast for them.

Saying that an Uncharted 4 PC port is officially announced for 2021 is very, very far-fetched. The game was mentioned on a slide in a presentation for investors? In the form of an image of possible upcoming PC ports.

Last edited:
Top Bottom