• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Miss the Feeling of Touching Mice Balls

Kenpachii

Just beautiful OP just beautiful

tissue-pet-hamster.gif

Last edited:

E-Cat

Edit: I wish I proof-read my stupid thread title. Yes, it was meant to be funny. But NOT in a way that involves the animal. I miss touching the balls of the computer mouse. That itself was the joke of the title.
So it was meant to be funny because you're antropomorphizing the computer mouse (without invoking the animal because of your native language) -- so the humour being in fondling the "balls" of an inanimate object. And THAT was supposed to be funny?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
when I saw that this thread was bumped, I was hoping that OP came back with a picture of his brand new mouse balls after buying the ones from Amazon on the first page.

badblue

This is the Talus Dome. It's a pile of balls.
iu

This is last week when the fire fighters had to use the Jaws of Life to snip those balls to help someone that got stuck inside after climbing on the balls.
iu

kanjobazooie kanjobazooie 's ball obsession knows no bounds. He need's help. You need to seek a hire power if you can't control yourself.
May I suggest Pastafarianism?

May his Noodley Appendage lift you to his firm meaty balls!
iu

4/20 practice is going well, thanks for asking.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Never before another user deserves ‘mice balls lover’ tag more. Well done OP.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

On topic - I guess I really miss all the physical content that came with games in base version - mouse pads, folded maps, great manuals, etc.
Yeah those times were great. I still have a mousepad for some XBox 360 JRPG with jelly tits as a wrist rest lol

Banned
Where did all those balls go? It is all lasers now. It is also amazing how cheap the lasers are.

at first optical mice didn't even have lasers, just a normal LED, and even those early optical mice already performed better than ball mice.
Lasers came in a few years later and further improved the tracking.

so when even those early LED mice outperformed ball mice, it's no wonder they disappeared so quickly.

but hey! trackballs still exist for all the people who want to fondle around with something like mice balls 😏

also the laser part of an optical mouse isn't even the crazy part.
people often don't realise how optical mice work... and it sounds crazy how they work if you think about it.
because what an optical mouse does is, it takes THOUSANDS of images a second of the surface below, and a tiny chip then compares these THOUSANDS of images to the image that came right before them, in order to calculate how far the mouse has moved.

so it takes an image and looks at it, then takes a second image, the chip looks at both of those images and then sees the differences between them, tracks specific landmarks of the surface like a little scratch or microscopic hill on that surface, and then tells the PC how far the mouse moved.
and in a modern gaming mouse this is literally happening 1000+ times every second

Last edited:
Top Bottom