• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 2. Read OP, your 2500K will run Witcher 3. MX100s! 970!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGM79

Any advice please.

I was under the impression that the built in default drivers were Intel's drivers. You can check in the device manager to see what manufacturer and device driver versions you have. Samsung Magician is good software, you should use it.

How necessary is it to run with 1866+mHz RAM on Haswell?

I have a i7 4790k coming and 8GB of 1600mHz offered ($70 CAD...aka a very good deal).

Just got a Samsung 840 evo 1tb, damn that thing is fast! I reinstalled windows 8.1 from my USB 3 in like 5 minutes, and load times are non existant.

RGM79

Adata XPG on Canadian Black Friday. 16Gb kit (4x4GB) for $140 CAD.

That article answers my question but the actual necessity of the 1866+MHz RAMS still eludes me. 5% performance really seems like a small upgrade for my personal use (older games and media streaming).

There's no real need for high speed RAM. In certain applications and games it does help, but for the vast majority of people it won't matter much. I'd jump on that deal.

If you're looking for a deal on faster RAM, Newegg has had 8GB of Team Vulcan DDR3-1866 going for $70, now out of stock. No free shipping so it's probably more around $80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom