• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2022. The GPU drought continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys guys.
Maybe I will move to matx or itx ?!
The behemoth of p600s case is ... big.
But I have 3700x on gigabyte aorus x570, so I would need to get B550 motherboard probably and some nice case.
Actually, I was looking at nzxt h1 but the included cooler pump is terribly loud it seems.
Any other cool smaller cases? possibly with atx psu and air cooler support, so not super sff
I don't understand why you would do this?

I can understand wanting a smaller case but getting a worse Mobo on the same socket to do so...?

GreatnessRD

Looks a bit tame and that front panel is hell.
Thermaltake is thermaltake... their only cool looking cases are the open bench design.
That Lian-Li looks pretty nice !!! And supports atx psu.... but it's not gripping me I think. Also not air cooling friendly.
Propably best if I searched for smallest atx case :p
Oh yeah, you did say air cooled. My fault, pimp! I said the same thing about the Sama case, but I'm sure down the line I would just 3D print a front panel somewhere. With the 3700x being a 65w part, it should be fine in there. Now your GPU (You had a 3080, right?) Might be a different story, but I'd hazard a guess it should be fine.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Oh yeah, you did say air cooled. My fault, pimp! I said the same thing about the Sama case, but I'm sure down the line I would just 3D print a front panel somewhere. With the 3700x being a 65w part, it should be fine in there. Now your GPU (You had a 3080, right?) Might be a different story, but I'd hazard a guess it should be fine.
yeah 3080 fe so small.
Glad you asked, here is the setup. Was thinking of getting cases that is not black anymore... maybe white
The case looks ok from this angle but it's empty inside. At least it's nicely cooled with so much room... so the best would be to leave it as is :p
KfpxQVM.jpg

I don't understand why you would do this?

I can understand wanting a smaller case but getting a worse Mobo on the same socket to do so...?
Yeah a waste of money move... .matx or itx x570 cases barely exist and cost a fortune. Are b550 caes much worse? Something to do with shared pcie nvme lanes if I remember correctly... that's why I got x570.
Anyway, I could find some nice, smaller ATX case that is not huge like p600s.
o11 air mini looks ok but it's a bit wide and everyone has o11 :p

Edit: Who am I kidding. P600s is the best case on the market. Great temps, looks and customizability. That's why I bought it.
They even have two white version. Glossy and matte !
Matte on video but it's too white. I like their glossy white version. So good

look how nice hte glossy version is !!!!!!! Why they wouldn't make it just a bit smaller

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

yeah 3080 fe so small.
Glad you asked, here is the setup. Was thinking of getting cases that is not black anymore... maybe white
The case looks ok from this angle but it's empty inside. At least it's nicely cooled with so much room... so the best would be to leave it as is :p
KfpxQVM.jpg

Yeah a waste of money move... .matx or itx x570 cases barely exist and cost a fortune. Are b550 caes much worse? Something to do with shared pcie nvme lanes if I remember correctly... that's why I got x570.
Anyway, I could find some nice, smaller ATX case that is not huge like p600s.
o11 air mini looks ok but it's a bit wide and everyone has o11 :p

Edit: Who am I kidding. P600s is the best case on the market. Great temps, looks and customizability. That's why I bought it.
They even have two white version. Glossy and matte !

I'll keep looking around. Might be a little tough since you got that chonky boy cooler. That's a Dark Rock Pro 4, innit? lol

And StateofMajora StateofMajora in some cases for itx boards, it's an upgrade from the OG ITX x570 boards. For instance, when I was thinking of downsizing to ITX, the Asus X570 itx didn't have a front panel USB-C headers, but their newer B550 board did and wifi 6. So it really depends on what you're using the board for. I'd say 80% of users are gamers and don't need Gen4 speeds with their NVMe's or I/O as I do believe the X570 boards had more USB ports, but mileage may vary, y'know? And even then, at least you get on Gen4 slot for GPU and 1 Gen4 slot for NVMe, so he isn't losing a ton.

I'll keep looking around. Might be a little tough since you got that chonky boy cooler. That's a Dark Rock Pro 4, innit? lol

And StateofMajora StateofMajora in some cases for itx boards, it's an upgrade from the OG ITX x570 boards. For instance, when I was thinking of downsizing to ITX, the Asus X570 itx didn't have a front panel USB-C headers, but their newer B550 board did and wifi 6. So it really depends on what you're using the board for. I'd say 80% of users are gamers and don't need Gen4 speeds with their NVMe's or I/O as I do believe the X570 boards had more USB ports, but mileage may vary, y'know? And even then, at least you get on Gen4 slot for GPU and 1 Gen4 slot for NVMe, so he isn't losing a ton.
We don't need gen 4 speeds right this second but they will be important once cross gen dies... I'm glad I got my drive already so I'm good to go for the whole generation hopefully. Who wants to build a high end PC with a slower drive than PS5 :p

Really really wouldn't do that but rofif rofif you do you man! I totally understand the thinking though, my old cooler master HAF case was a monster and took up so much space lol. But cooling and noise is king in my book.

GreatnessRD

We don't need gen 4 speeds right this second but they will be important once cross gen dies... I'm glad I got my drive already so I'm good to go for the whole generation hopefully. Who wants to build a high end PC with a slower drive than PS5 :p

Really really wouldn't do that but rofif rofif you do you man! I totally understand the thinking though, my old cooler master HAF case was a monster and took up so much space lol. But cooling and noise is king in my book.
You're not wrong, but my point was he'll still have a slot for faster storage. It's just the second slot which will be Gen3. And even then, with Direct storage (Which I think is supposed to work with Gen3 as well, not sure) He's essentially losing one Gen4 slot but not all of them. But if certain headers aren't important to him, he can still grab an X570 ITX board and its best of all worlds.

Also, rofif rofif for christmas I'll take a C1 48' and a 5800X3D. Thanks, lol

Nice setup!

You're not wrong, but my point was he'll still have a slot for faster storage. It's just the second slot which will be Gen3. And even then, with Direct storage (Which I think is supposed to work with Gen3 as well, not sure) He's essentially losing one Gen4 slot but not all of them. But if certain headers aren't important to him, he can still grab an X570 ITX board and its best of all worlds.

Also, rofif rofif for christmas I'll take a C1 48' and a 5800X3D. Thanks, lol

Nice setup!
Did you decide on trying to cop an x3D? Thing is way harder to get MSRP than I thought. But I'm so glad I did and I'm not trying to brag 🤣 but I hope you get one if you want it.

GreatnessRD

Did you decide on trying to cop an x3D? Thing is way harder to get MSRP than I thought. But I'm so glad I did and I'm not trying to brag 🤣 but I hope you get one if you want it.
Man, had a few unexpected bills, so had to dial back. And I'm still going back and forth on it. I want one for sure, but if I don't get it, I think I've settled on the 5700x just because of thermals. We'll see. Hopefully I'll be able to grab either in the new two, two and a half weeks.

I just bought one direct from amd. Was not difficult at the time.
Near launch? Every time I check Amazon or Newegg it's out of stock. I didn't think it would be this bad.

Got mine through Amazon, they sent me an 5700x by mistake at first so I thought I was SOL but got it finally.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

12GB Gigabyte 3080 for $799. I believe this is the first 3000 series GPU I have actually seen below MSRP, although nvidia never gave an MSRP to the 12GB cards. This is cheaper than many of the 10GB cards.

If you're still holding out for better deals on the 3000 series then I don't know what to tell you.

kether

Neo Member
Looking to upgrade my Acer Predator 15 laptop, been rocking it for 6 years now. Have looked far and wide, and not a SINGLE gaming laptop with an optical drive anywhere? Wtf? Zero, nada. Kind of infuriating, total deal breaker. I've got an extensive music collection that is constantly being enjoyed. If anyone knows of a gaming laptop with an optical drive that I've missed, please let me know. Preferably with a 3060.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Looking to upgrade my Acer Predator 15 laptop, been rocking it for 6 years now. Have looked far and wide, and not a SINGLE gaming laptop with an optical drive anywhere? Wtf? Zero, nada. Kind of infuriating, total deal breaker. I've got an extensive music collection that is constantly being enjoyed. If anyone knows of a gaming laptop with an optical drive that I've missed, please let me know. Preferably with a 3060.
Buy an optical drive separately. Those things are LONG gone in the system. Long gone. They use the space those would occupy for cooling.

That dream is dead. You're not going to get one with an optical drive. They're available for under $30

kether

Neo Member
Buy an optical drive separately. Those things are LONG gone in the system. Long gone. They use the space those would occupy for cooling.

That dream is dead. You're not going to get one with an optical drive. They're available for under $30

That really is the only option, but tethering something to a device that's supposed to be portable defeats the purpose for me. My research suggested that even regular laptops and desktops don't come with drives standard. Even though discs are still being produced with movies, music, games on them. FUCK!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That really is the only option, but tethering something to a device that's supposed to be portable defeats the purpose for me. My research suggested that even regular laptops and desktops don't come with drives standard. Even though discs are still being produced with movies, music, games on them. FUCK!
How is that not an option? Is it REALLY too much of an issue to connect an optical drive? It's pretty much your only option.

You're not going to find a good laptop with an optical drive. The real estate that the laptop loses for cooling and/or other things is no longer a worthwhile trade off to builders.

These have optical drives, but they're pretty shitty laptops.

Last edited:

Yerd

Disc drives were phased out a few years back. They are old tech now. If you have the cds still, digitize it. Use a lossless format that takes up tons of drive space, invest in more storage. I bought a slot bluray drive from newegg when it was on sale. It came with some goofy overly bulky casing. I bought another cd or dvd drive that was super slim and cheaper than any case I could find and switched them out. Powered by one usb cable. I only use it to rip blurays and cds now.

I still prefer to buy cds over digital or pay monthly and waste money subscribing and data constantly listening. Some bands don't even release cds now, but they do in vinyl....come on, what is happening.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just have an external usb dvd-rw drive for whenever I want to rip some cds... which hasn't been in a long time now actually

BigBooper

I can recommend looking at this one if you needed such things. I bought that drive from that seller a couple of years ago and have had no problems with it.

cametall

Anyone mind critiquing this build for my brother? He's putting together a budget build and reusing a GTX 1070 and his SSD. Will mostly be playing V Rising, Fall Guys, Overwatch, etc. Nothing very demanding.

Potential Budget Build

His big thing is the aesthetic in a smaller case. I think the cooler is probably overkill but it's what he really wants.

Anyone mind critiquing this build for my brother? He's putting together a budget build and reusing a GTX 1070 and his SSD. Will mostly be playing V Rising, Fall Guys, Overwatch, etc. Nothing very demanding.

Potential Budget Build

His big thing is the aesthetic in a smaller case. I think the cooler is probably overkill but it's what he really wants.
Good choice of cpu.

The cooler... is really overkill for that cpu, but something similar to that might make sense if he's planning on buying an 8 core 13th gen Intel CPU down the line, on sale. If not, get a cheaper cooler.

Also, getting 32gb ram makes sense now rather than later so he won't be fumbling trying to get identical sticks later esp. since we are moving to ddr5. 16gb is really the minimum nowadays that you want. I know you say he doesn't play too demanding of games, but 32gb will really make the thing last a long long time esp. if he upgrades the cpu later.

Last edited:

kether

Neo Member
Disc drives were phased out a few years back. They are old tech now. If you have the cds still, digitize it. Use a lossless format that takes up tons of drive space, invest in more storage. I bought a slot bluray drive from newegg when it was on sale. It came with some goofy overly bulky casing. I bought another cd or dvd drive that was super slim and cheaper than any case I could find and switched them out. Powered by one usb cable. I only use it to rip blurays and cds now.

I still prefer to buy cds over digital or pay monthly and waste money subscribing and data constantly listening. Some bands don't even release cds now, but they do in vinyl....come on, what is happening.
Same, I don't use any type of streaming service, instead opting to buy physical versions(CD's, vinyl, even the occasional cassette). But as for digitizing them and listening that way, I'd rather put on the actual CD or record, look at the artwork, lyrics, etc. That's part of the enjoyment. Listening to music digitally just isn't the same. I will hold on to my archaic ways as long as possible!

draliko

Guys talk me out of upgrading my pc😅after the last state of play I've lost quite a bit of interests about ps5, i now know that their games sooner or later will come to pc, and was thinking about selling the ps5 and moving the xsx to the living room (to play with kids and use it as a gp machine). Actually having a r5 3600 with a rx5700xt and nvme ssd, if I'll get a ryzen 5600/5800x and a new gpu as soon as avaiable (midrange rtx4000 or rx7000) think i should be fine for this gen? Don't think it's worth moving to ddr5 or intel 13 now, maybe for the next upgrade on new lga socket? Was thinking about getting a new case also (i have an icue 220t, nice but way too tight to work comfortable, and can't fit long gpu) have you got suggestions there too? Corsair 4000d?lianli liancool 2? It's been a while since i shopped for upgrades and I'm a bit rusty. Ah...i game at 1440p, Thanks.

I guess... fair enough.

I just hope if the guy doesn't need a PC now, he'll wait until the new stuff arrives in Q3/4. Get those top of the line 40 series/RDNA3, Ryzen 7000/13th Gen Intel products. Would be crazy to me to spend top of the line money on products that'll be superseded in a few months. (If the build isn't needed right now, today)
New tech is always coming out. No matter what you buy there will be something better in a few months.

GreatnessRD

New tech is always coming out. No matter what you buy there will be something better in a few months.
That's true to a point. GPUs are usually those two years, unless you count the refreshes. Same with AMD and their XT/3D CPU lineups. But for me, we're literally like 3 months out from the newer stuff. Why buy a K sku from Intel that's a year old or a 5000 series chip from AMD that's almost two years old when the new stuff is like, right there is all I'm saying. If he need the PC today, by all means. If not, just doesn't make sense to me to blow the money now. But to each their own.

Yerd

Same, I don't use any type of streaming service, instead opting to buy physical versions(CD's, vinyl, even the occasional cassette). But as for digitizing them and listening that way, I'd rather put on the actual CD or record, look at the artwork, lyrics, etc. That's part of the enjoyment. Listening to music digitally just isn't the same. I will hold on to my archaic ways as long as possible!
Well I got news for you. CDs ARE a digital format. You are creating a layer of stubborn old thinking that doesn't benefit you. Choose a digital file format that is lossless and convert it.

Vinyl is a differnt story. I haven't heard a record since I was a child, but I do remember the extra "stuff" you hear. I have been thinking about buying a turntable lately. But I dont want a huge collection of records.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Guys talk me out of upgrading my pc😅after the last state of play I've lost quite a bit of interests about ps5, i now know that their games sooner or later will come to pc, and was thinking about selling the ps5 and moving the xsx to the living room (to play with kids and use it as a gp machine). Actually having a r5 3600 with a rx5700xt and nvme ssd, if I'll get a ryzen 5600/5800x and a new gpu as soon as avaiable (midrange rtx4000 or rx7000) think i should be fine for this gen? Don't think it's worth moving to ddr5 or intel 13 now, maybe for the next upgrade on new lga socket? Was thinking about getting a new case also (i have an icue 220t, nice but way too tight to work comfortable, and can't fit long gpu) have you got suggestions there too? Corsair 4000d?lianli liancool 2? It's been a while since i shopped for upgrades and I'm a bit rusty. Ah...i game at 1440p, Thanks.
If you want to upgrade, this is the best the scene has been for years. 30-series nvidia and 6000 series AMD GPUs can be had for some pretty good deals. I've seen a few 3080 12GBs for around $900. That should last several years. The intel 12700K is an absolutely outstanding CPU, but I wouldn't necessarily make the investment into DDR5 just yet. DDR4 is still just fine.

Here is a really good 3080 GPU deal. $770 for a 3080 10GB. It's currently the closest 3000 series GPU I have seen to MSRP.

The 4000 series from nvidia looks to be absurdly power hungry and who knows what availability will be.

Last edited:

draliko

If you want to upgrade, this is the best the scene has been for years. 30-series nvidia and 6000 series AMD GPUs can be had for some pretty good deals. I've seen a few 3080 12GBs for around $900. That should last several years. The intel 12700K is an absolutely outstanding CPU, but I wouldn't necessarily make the investment into DDR5 just yet. DDR4 is still just fine.

Here is a really good 3080 GPU deal. $770 for a 3080 10GB. It's currently the closest 3000 series GPU I have seen to MSRP.
[/URL]

The 4000 series from nvidia looks to be absurdly power hungry and who knows what availability will be.
Thanks, i was eyeing the 3070ti or the 6750xt (amd cheaper in Italy) maybe even the 6700xt (about 80euros difference with 6750xt), the prices are indeed falling close to msrp now, you think it's worth moving to lga 1700 or simply stay am4 with a 5600x? I don't know what time new gpu should hit the market? Next summer? This winter? Even if i get a new gpu now should be easy to sell it later... should be easy to sell my 5700xt also... damn... still unsure but I'm really tempted...

Thanks, i was eyeing the 3070ti or the 6750xt (amd cheaper in Italy) maybe even the 6700xt (about 80euros difference with 6750xt), the prices are indeed falling close to msrp now, you think it's worth moving to lga 1700 or simply stay am4 with a 5600x? I don't know what time new gpu should hit the market? Next summer? This winter? Even if i get a new gpu now should be easy to sell it later... should be easy to sell my 5700xt also... damn... still unsure but I'm really tempted...
Do not go from am4 to lga1700. Unless, you wait for 13th gen Intel and cannot find an 5800x3d for MSRP.

If you want your cpu upgrade to last, for am4, the minimum you should get is the 5700x 8 core. Do not get the 5800x which is a 1% faster 5700x but uses twice the power and is much hotter. And the 5700x is cheaper.

But if you want a bad ass am4 cpu that will last the whole gen with ease, try to find the 5800x3d. It's better than alder lake 12th gen for gaming. It doesn't seem like it's getting in stock lately, so in that case Intel 13th gen makes more sense if you're looking for max performance.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Do not go from am4 to lga1700. Unless, you wait for 13th gen Intel and cannot find an 5800x3d for MSRP.

If you want your cpu upgrade to last, for am4, the minimum you should get is the 5700x 8 core. Do not get the 5800x which is a 1% faster 5700x but uses twice the power and is much hotter. And the 5700x is cheaper.

But if you want a bad ass am4 cpu that will last the whole gen with ease, try to find the 5800x3d. It's better than alder lake 12th gen for gaming. It doesn't seem like it's getting in stock lately, so in that case Intel 13th gen makes more sense if you're looking for max performance.
Hold on there Tiger! The 12700K can be had for as low as $350. That's a damn good deal on that CPU. But in his case, I'd go with the 5700X recommendation as you stated. Alder Lake is better, but it's a much higher investment.
Don't get a 3070Ti. Unless you can find one for around $600, which I have yet to see. ANything over $600 and it makes more sense to just go with the 3080, which can be had for as low as $770. The 2GB of extra RAM is worth the extra cost.

JohnnyFootball JohnnyFootball oh yeah, no doubt 12700k is significantly better than non 3d Ryzen. But he already has am4, so.

Though at this point I would avoid any 12th gen parts except for the value plays (12100,12400) simply because you can upgrade to 13th gen. Just think of how juicy an upgrade a 12100 to 13700k would be 🙂 assuming of course you are upgrading from older Intel quad core like 6700k, to 12100, just to get you going on the platform.

At alder lake launch, for best high performance to value ratio, 12700k was the best.

Last edited:

draliko

Hold on there Tiger! The 12700K can be had for as low as $350. That's a damn good deal on that CPU. But in his case, I'd go with the 5700X recommendation as you stated. Alder Lake is better, but it's a much higher investment.

Don't get a 3070Ti. Unless you can find one for around $600, which I have yet to see. ANything over $600 and it makes more sense to just go with the 3080, which can be had for as low as $770. The 2GB of extra RAM is worth the extra cost.
The problem are availability in Italy, 6700xt 580€ (xfx merc), 6750xt 620€ (rog), 6800 750€ (tuf), 6800xt 900€ (pulse), 3070ti 775€ (zotac), 3080 850€ (zotac), probably the best solution would be a 6750xt should be easier to resell later as a midlevel card. For the CPU 5600x is 220€, 5700x 300€ and 5800x 305€ as today and without too much looking around (I'm on holidays with just my phone). For the case you guys have any suggestion? Using a icue 200t now but it's too small, maybe a 4000d ?or lianli? Thanks

Last edited:
I must say draliko draliko that your 5700x isn't so bad that I would rush and get a 3xxx series card just yet... Rumblings are that 4xxx series will have better availability and even if they don't, 3xxx cards will probably still be available.

That's just me, and admittedly who knows what availability will be like for sure in this crazy bad economy.

I recently spent a good 4k on a good 3080 build and a 165hz g sync monitor. Still trying to wrap my head around v sync and g sync etc. Is it worth turning it all on? I've tried turning it on in a few games and noticed the input lag was quiet noticeable.

draliko

I recently spent a good 4k on a good 3080 build and a 165hz g sync monitor. Still trying to wrap my head around v sync and g sync etc. Is it worth turning it all on? I've tried turning it on in a few games and noticed the input lag was quiet noticeable.
Gsync and freesync are life savers, vsync not needed with gsync on, it should reduce input lag not increase it because your refresh is tied to your fps and not a fixed value. So vsunc off, gsync on

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Gsync and freesync are life savers, vsync not needed with gsync on, it should reduce input lag not increase it because your refresh is tied to your fps and not a fixed value. So vsunc off, gsync on
Sigh. Once again, this is wrong and it's frustrating how often this has to be addressed.

Vsync still has it's place on 60 Hz displays. As exceeding the framerate will cause screen tearing. For me, screen tearing is something that I cannot tolerate. GSync and Freesync only affect framerates that fall below the monitors maximum refresh rate. FastSync is the best way to counter Vsync, where only the most recent completed frame gets sent to the screen.

On 240 Hz, 1440p displays screen tearing is very limited.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Most of the time Gsync is worth turning on.

For games that will exceed the 165 fps threshold, it may be worth it to lock the framerate to 165 and enable backlight strobing for a smoother experience.

Max_Po

Banned
I am thinking of building a PC. .. for study.

Main need is 32 thread CPU and 128g DDR Ram to run EVE-ng /Network Simulator.

Should I wait for new AMD 7000 Ser CPU.

Good /BAD

GOOD:

New will support DDR5/PCIE5 and may include an iGPU (Dont care for gaming)

If I go got 5950x
I can get DDR4 128g but will have to spend 3 to 400 on GPU ..

Stuart360

Decided to buy a second hand 1080ti for my upgrade. I was looking at a 3060/3070 in the long run but the price per power just isnt worth it for me in my position (lost my job because of Covid).
I saved £600 over the last year or so but i can get a second hand 1080ti for around £300 now. The prices have really come down over the last 2-3 months.
Its still a huge upgrade from my 980ti (6tf vs 11.3tf, and will be pushing 13tf when i get a good overclock on it). And anyone who knows my posts will know i could give jack shit about ray tracing. I also dont give a damn about unlocked framerates as i'm a couch game who plays on a 60hz TV.
A 1080ti will probably give me 1440p/60 max settings for the whole of this gen, and thats all i really wanted anyway.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I 'watched' a bunch of cards on Ebay to see how the scalping game is going:
---
New EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra sold for $591. Goes for $630-$660 on EVGA's website. Took the 'L' on that one.
---
New EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid sold for $1,129. Goes for $1,249-$1,479 on EVGA's website. Took the 'L' on that one.
---
New EVGA 3060 XC 12GB sold for $360. Goes for $399-$429 on EVGA's website. Took the 'L' on that one.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
HO HO HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

The best deal I have seen on a 3000 series GPU yet. $800 for a freaking 12GB 3080 from MSI. $770 after rebate. If you've been wanting a 3000 series GPU. This is the deal to get. No IFS ands or BUTS. THIS IS IT!

manfestival

yeah that deal is no joke. Looks like it is by far the best deal on the market and nothing even comes close. No brainer for anyone looking for a card right now.

I almost want to buy it... just because but I have no need for a second card. Especially one that has similar performance to the one that I own.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
We are seeing constant price drops for GPUs. And they are bound to keep getting lower.
So unless you really need a new GPU, it's still better to wait a bit.

BigBooper

HO HO HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

The best deal I have seen on a 3000 series GPU yet. $800 for a freaking 12GB 3080 from MSI. $770 after rebate. If you've been wanting a 3000 series GPU. This is the deal to get. No IFS ands or BUTS. THIS IS IT!
Yea, ordered it this week. I know the next gen is around the corner, but my current pc wouldn't be able to use next gen effectively anyways.

Last edited:

draliko

In the end i changes psu (wanted a modular), case (needed space for gpu) and CPU (3600 to 5600x), total under 360€.
I'll post on ebay all the used stuff and my gpu, if I'll get a buyer at a decent price I'll go for a 6750xt, otherwise I'm gonna wait 7700/4700 and hope for msrp and hope they'll not postpone the launch to clear inventories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom