• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2023. 6-24 Cores, Frame Generation, Enhanced Ray Tracing & Direct Storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnlval

qaL9sg5.png

SNIP for space.
Use https://pcpartpicker.com/

You also need to be weary of the cooler not being AM5 compatible despite the fact that it might say it's AM5 compatible.
i managed to get the cooler on no problem. turns out that was the least of my worries :messenger_tears_of_joy:

my cooler supports AM4. it was easy to install. got to give it to AMD their mounting system is better than intels. my 9900K needs a back plate. screw in stand offs and screw the bracket into the screws. AMD boards come with a back plate, and once i removed the stock bracket all i had to do was sit the stand offs and screw in the bracket.

at least now i know my cooler is fine. need to wait on my refund coming in before i can buy another board.

supernova8

Banned
Just an update to my "looking for a laptop" queries.

I decided to up my budget and probably go for the Lenovo Legion 570i:

or

basically 12700H and then either a RTX 3060 or 3070 for like $200 more.
(I would usually go for a ryzen processor but I/my girlfriend may need to do some video editing and apparently quicksync is pretty useful and not available on AMD)

Having looked at all the reviews, the Legion 5 seems to be the most universally well-reviewed. I was considering the ASUS Zephyrus G15, which comes with a 3070 for roughly the same price but I've found reviews to be mixed. Some people seem to say it gets hot while I don't see that with the Legion 5. Plus, one of the biggest selling points for me is the selection of ports on the back. I fucking haaaaaaaaaate ports on the front.

My only question now is......

Is it worth waiting for the new laptops to come out or should I just take the plunge now? I know I missed the black friday sales etc but honestly black friday isn't a big thing in Japan so I probably wouldn't have saved that much anyway.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Fair enough. If it is anything like the way the 7950x works, I think just eco mode would do the job based on GN's testing with that CPU. Strongly suggest you run yrcruncher for a while if you want to be sure there isn't any random instability from the offset changes.
I’ve never heard of yrcruncher

DanEON

Do you guys think its worth to get a X670E (or B650E) mobo to be PCIe 5.0 ready? I mean, is the PCIe 5.0 tech at full performance in these mobos?
Usually when I build a new PC I like to buy the most advanced components available so I can just upgrade the VGA for 5 or 6 years.

PhoenixTank

I’ve never heard of yrcruncher
Sorry - hasty late night post. Typo of y-cruncher but what I was actually thinking of was CoreCycler.
You can probably dial back on the 12 hours per core stability recommendation made there.

A bunch of folks, particularly youtubers, treat maxed negative offsets as free performance/power savings but they frequently need tuning and aren't guaranteed. They'd all ship like that if they were but silicon varies, eh? So YMMV but if nothing else mentally note that if you have weird intermittent or possibly hard to explain stability issues at some point down the line, that might be why.
Or you may be lucky and it'll be perfect as is!

Do you guys think its worth to get a X670E (or B650E) mobo to be PCIe 5.0 ready? I mean, is the PCIe 5.0 tech at full performance in these mobos?
Usually when I build a new PC I like to buy the most advanced components available so I can just upgrade the VGA for 5 or 6 years.
As a long term view, yeah especially if the trend of cutting down lanes continues in mid range parts.
I don't know if there are any PCIE 5 devices outside of SSDs to test with yet. The mobos should meet the specs though.
Something to keep in mind is if you end up limited by PCIE4 x16 with a new future GPU you'll probably also be limited by the CPU as well.

omg i feel actually so sick right now. i wish i hadn't bothered trying to upgrade my PC. what a nightmare this has been! i won't go over everything, you can see my posts in here. to get to the point, i returned all my items to amazon.

today they refunded me for just the 7700X. the box i sent it in also had my RAM + SSD but they haven't refunded them. the motherboard went back in a different box with its own label and that still hasn't been refunded.

now it looks like amazon has CANCELLED my entire return. there is no way for me to even see that i set up a refund. i'm trying to sort it out right now but they want me to prove that i posted it! i do have the receipt but on amazons end they don't see any returns set up. if the £330 goes into my bank and this doesn't get sorted then i've just lost £822!

i feel like fucking crying right now. fuck this shit so much

edit: thank goodness i have kept screenshots, receipts, and emails. i'm going to need to try get a copy of my amazon chat logs so i can try fight to get my money back :messenger_persevering:

Last edited:

M1987

omg i feel actually so sick right now. i wish i hadn't bothered trying to upgrade my PC. what a nightmare this has been! i won't go over everything, you can see my posts in here. to get to the point, i returned all my items to amazon.

today they refunded me for just the 7700X. the box i sent it in also had my RAM + SSD but they haven't refunded them. the motherboard went back in a different box with its own label and that still hasn't been refunded.

now it looks like amazon has CANCELLED my entire return. there is no way for me to even see that i set up a refund. i'm trying to sort it out right now but they want me to prove that i posted it! i do have the receipt but on amazons end they don't see any returns set up. if the £330 goes into my bank and this doesn't get sorted then i've just lost £822!

edit: thank goodness i have kept screenshots, receipts, and emails. i'm going to need to try get a copy of my amazon chat logs so i can try fight to get my money back :messenger_persevering:
Amazon are good with returns,you will get all the money back

Amazon are good with returns,you will get all the money back
i know, that's why i keep using them. this is the first i've had a problem like this in the last 15-16 years i've used the site.

they assured me if i still hadn't got my money back by the 18th then they'd refund the £822. the £330 is already went through. it must be an issue with the website because they said they can still see the returns on their end. it just freaked me out because all i'm seeing is that it has been delivered to me when it used to say "return started" and i have the option to return the items i have already returned.

to be safe i've saved all my emails, receipts, and got screenshots. have also requested all my order/chat history.

still stressed out lol it's a lot of money to be fucking about with :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

With amazon don't waste your time on chat. Call them.

Any time I've had an issue on amazon its always been instantly resolved that way.

Codeblew

I haven't built a PC since the Pentium days. My laptop is on the verge of dying so I need a new PC. Here is what I have come up with:

277.00 - GIGABYTE B650 AORUS Elite AX
260.00 - AMD Ryzen™ 5 7600X 6-Core
205.00 - G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
443.00 - ASUS Dual AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT OC Edition 12GB GDDR6
160.00 - WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe
160.00 - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G6, 80 Plus Gold 850W
50.00 - be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black (BK007), 150W TDP
105.00 - Corsair 4000D Airflow Case

I want it to be able to handle a more power hungry CPU and GPU in the future, that is why I went with a 850W power supply.

Does anybody see any issues with this build?
I ended up going with a 7700x instead of 7600x. The extra cores should be useful when I am doing dev stuff. I have all the parts already except for the Motherboard and the Graphics card. The Motherboard should arrive between Tuesday and Friday. I am getting excited to start building when the MB arrives. I just hope I didn't get unlucky and get some bad parts. I hate troubleshooting hardware issues. I have spending the last few days watching videos and reading the manuals of everything to get a head start of planning out the build.

Final parts list:
277.00 - GIGABYTE B650 AORUS Elite AX
345.00 - AMD Ryzen™ 7 7700X 8-Core
205.00 - G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
443.00 - ASUS Dual AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT OC Edition 12GB GDDR6
160.00 - WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe
137.00 - Corsair RMx Series (2021), RM850x, 850 Watt, GOLD
60.00 - be quiet! BK024 Dark Rock Slim
105.00 - Corsair 4000D Airflow Case

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
My new motherboard should arrive this Thursday (January 12th). My specs once I assemble it later this week:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero
CPU: i9-13900k
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO
Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
CPU Accessory: Thermal Grizzly Intel 12th Gen Contact CPU Frame (compatible with 13th Gen)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090
RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series DDR5 6000 MHz
NVME: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro (x2)
SSD: 4TB Samsung 860 Pro (I have had this for years, and I use it as a data storage drive.)
PSU: be quiet! Dark Power 12 1500W 80+ Titanium (modular)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Man that 4090 pc build got me drooling over here. Getting a windfall of cash soon too. Mmmmmm graphics.

GHG

Gold Member
Time to put the 4080 I'm sitting on to use so have decided to build a secondary PC to use 100% for sim racing in a sim rig.

Will sell my 3900X and go Intel for this one, swaying towards the 13600KF, will be more than enough just for sim racing. This is what I'm looking at at the moment in terms of motherboard and RAM:

GIGABYTE B760M GAMING X DDR4
Kingston FURY Renegade DDR4 Memory 4000mhz 32 GB (2 X 16)

Will house it all in a Asus Prime AP201, that way I can use the old 750W power supply I already have that was replaced in the main PC when I upgraded it for the 4090 while maintaining a smaller footprint.

Is there anything I should be looking out for with B760M motherboards?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Well my ASUS ROG Swift something or other monitor gave up the ghost…it was the first one on the market with native gsync. Colors and contrast weren’t great but goddamn the first time I started gaming at 120hz it was like seeing the face of god. Nearly made it 9 years…

So I’m in the market for a new one. Looking for something like 32”, 4K, 140hz+, VRR (I have an nvidia card)

I’m half tempted to get an LG C2 42” but I think that’ll be too big and I worry about OLED burn-in for a monitor. I have a 65” C1 in the other room too so it seems a bit redundant. I’m also kinda interested in the Samsung G7 32”…not OLED but it’s bigger than what I had, 4K rather than 1440p and IPS and HDR will still be a step up from what I had. I dunno, I haven’t really kept up on the monitor market. Anyone have suggestions?

DanEON

So I decided not to wait for the 7800X3D and bought my new build with the 5800X3D. The reason is the price, AM5 build would cost almost double.
The 5800X3D will hold fine until pcie 5.0 VGA becomes a thing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Depends on your ram capacity needs. Zen 4 in quadchannel loses a ton of effective bandwidth (like 40%). So you’re locked to using only 2 sticks at 64GB ram total.

I don’t know if a new cpu will fix it or it is a combination cpu + chipset.

PhoenixTank

Depends on your ram capacity needs. Zen 4 in quadchannel loses a ton of effective bandwidth (like 40%). So you’re locked to using only 2 sticks at 64GB ram total.

This piqued my interest, so I had a look into it.
Seems like Raptor Lake has a slight edge in what it is rated for on paper.

Both images clickable for source.

7950X (same as other Zen 4):

Raptor Lake / 13th Gen:

I'm assuming all 32GB dimms are dual rank currently which leaves them effectively equivalent.

Given that the IMC is rated for only DDR4-3200 (and I know it exceeds that) I'd be interested to know what the actual reality is on DDR5.
I came across 4x32GB running at DDR5-5000 & 4800 from an ASUS rep. Haven't dug deep enough for Ryzen 7000 - hoping you had first or second hand info?

In related news from this digging it seems like higher density DRAM chips are potentially on the way. Bizarrely up from the current 16Gbit to 24Gbit, not 32Gbit. That'd be 48GB per stick, which is still quite tasty.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Raptor Lake / 13th Gen:

I'm assuming all 32GB dimms are dual rank currently which leaves them effectively equivalent.

Given that the IMC is rated for only DDR4-3200 (and I know it exceeds that) I'd be interested to know what the actual reality is on DDR5.
I came across 4x32GB running at DDR5-5000 & 4800 from an ASUS rep. Haven't dug deep enough for Ryzen 7000 - hoping you had first or second hand info?

In related news from this digging it seems like higher density DRAM chips are potentially on the way. Bizarrely up from the current 16Gbit to 24Gbit, not 32Gbit. That'd be 48GB per stick, which is still quite tasty.

Same as you, from AMD product page. Became aware of the situation from a youtube video, but the youtubers version of the amd website is different, instead of memory rating it mentions actual megatransfers:

Danknugz

never pack more than one return in the same box, you will almost certainly lose most except for one of them.

Hawk269

[/URL]

or

[/URL]

(I would usually go for a ryzen processor but I/my girlfriend may need to do some video editing and apparently quicksync is pretty useful and not available on AMD)

Having looked at all the reviews, the Legion 5 seems to be the most universally well-reviewed. I was considering the ASUS Zephyrus G15, which comes with a 3070 for roughly the same price but I've found reviews to be mixed. Some people seem to say it gets hot while I don't see that with the Legion 5. Plus, one of the biggest selling points for me is the selection of ports on the back. I fucking haaaaaaaaaate ports on the front.

Is it worth waiting for the new laptops to come out or should I just take the plunge now? I know I missed the black friday sales etc but honestly black friday isn't a big thing in Japan so I probably wouldn't have saved that much anyway.
I would wait. I just returned a MSI Laptop that had a 3060, but I was running into VRAM issues with several games where i had to turn down Texture quality because the VRAM on the 3060 mobile chip is only 6gb. With the rumored prices of the new 40 series laptops you can jump on one of those or go for something with a 3070ti which should go down in price as the new 40 series laptops begin to arrive next month.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Look at that response time 😍

That thing is a weapon
Jumping on that thing as soon as it goes live on Best Buys site.

I also love it uses a remote to change settings and inputs but down side it uses the same frequency as LG TVs so if someone turns off the TV near this thing it does turn off the monitor as well :)

GHG

Gold Member
Jumping on that thing as soon as it goes live on Best Buys site.

I also love it uses a remote to change settings and inputs but down side it uses the same frequency as LG TVs so if someone turns off the TV near this thing it does turn off the monitor as well :)

Remotes pair to individual devices upon initial setup do they not? So if you've got it set up correctly with the monitor it should only control that single device and not other LG branded products in the vicinity?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Remotes pair to individual devices upon initial setup do they not? So if you've got it set up correctly with the monitor it should only control that single device and not other LG branded products in the vicinity?
Have seen two videos now of the monitor getting shut off by their TV remote so seems like they messed up a bit here with all the LG TVs out there

Timestamped of one example

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Darn so it is not just lower speed(iirc 4 sticks can't reach 6000 but remains at 4000) that results from using 4 sticks but also lower bandwidth?

rnlval

Raptor Lake / 13th Gen:

AMD's "max memory speed" for 7950X is the minimum guaranteed performance.

Both of my 7900X with ASUS TUF X670E Plus Wifi and 7950X with ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboards have dual Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 32GB (2x16GB) AMD EXPO (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) CL30-36-36-76 modules. F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR's EXPO II works for both motherboards.

F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR's G.Skill QVL includes both ASUS TUF X670e Plus Wifi and 7950X with ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboards.

I tighten my memory timings for my AM5 motherboards e.g.

oUtPfqs.png

t1IZIs9.png

ROG Crosshair X670E Hero was able to pass four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules with EXPO II @ DDR5-5600 with the OCCT memory test.

7900X has PBO enabled with 86 degrees C via Corsair H115i RGB Platinum RGB AIO cooler.

Later in the year, I plan to purchase F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR (2x 32GB) with G.SKill's ROG Crosshair X670E Hero QVL. https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/393/1665020956/F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR-QVL

I haven't tested four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules for the TUF X670e Plus Wifi motherboard.

Last edited:
In the AMD web that's showed on the video, it's listed as megatransfers/s... i assumed megatransfers/s are bandwidth, if not I'll correct my post.
I dont know. What I've seen is that some youtubers say that at 128GB of ram you can only reach up to 4000mhz stably on ram on multiple am5 boards. That I believe affects infinity fabric and lowers cpu performance. I did some more research and heard the 5800x3D suffers little performance loss for using slow memory, so I assume the same will hold true for the 7800x3d. But I hadn't heard about the bandwidth issue.

Last edited:

Yerd

[/URL]

or

[/URL]

I have a G15 and it gets hot. The last game I was playing was death stranding, just the other day. Not a bother for me since I don't touch the machine at all. But, when I went to put it away, I grabbed the power brick and that thing was HOT. It surprised me.

I am still trying to find a new laptop myself. I got this G15 after coming from a 17" razer. I regret it ever since, because I hate the smaller size. I just can't bring myself to pay razer prices for the current models and specs I want. The model I want was priced at $2900 (a whopping 9% discount on sale even) last time I looked. i7/3070ti/QHD. i9 is a stupid chip for laptops, besides the wasted power consumption, it's even more stupidly expensive. The G15 was $1500 when I bought it. Huge difference.

Edit: quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Same as you, from AMD product page. Became aware of the situation from a youtube video, but the youtubers version of the amd website is different, instead of memory rating it mentions actual megatransfers:

Ah, yeah skimmed the video. Dude hadn't tested it by his own admission and just put that info in there as basically fact - more than a bit careless of him IMHO.

Darn so it is not just lower speed(iirc 4 sticks can't reach 6000 but remains at 4000) that results from using 4 sticks but also lower bandwidth?

In the AMD web that's showed on the video, it's listed as megatransfers/s... i assumed megatransfers/s are bandwidth, if not I'll correct my post.

I dont know. What I've seen is that some youtubers say that at 128GB of ram you can only reach up to 4000mhz stably on ram on multiple am5 boards. That I believe affects infinity fabric and lowers cpu performance. I did some more research and heard the 5800x3D suffers little performance loss for using slow memory, so I assume the same will hold true for the 7800x3d. But I hadn't heard about the bandwidth issue.
MT/s is the speed, lowering that speed lowers bandwidth as they go hand in hand with the buswidth. You'll never really need to calculate actual bandwidth.
There is also the whole pitfall of "3600 MHz" being used but the actual MHz being half (1800) because it is Double Data Rate but in general just try to ignore that can of worms.

AMD's "max memory speed" for 7950X is the minimum guaranteed performance.

Both of my 7900X with ASUS TUF X670E Plus Wifi and 7950X with ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboards have dual Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 32GB (2x16GB) AMD EXPO (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) CL30-36-36-76 modules. F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR's EXPO II works for both motherboards.

F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR's G.Skill QVL includes both ASUS TUF X670e Plus Wifi and 7950X with ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboards.

I tighten my memory timings for my AM5 motherboards e.g.

oUtPfqs.png

3qhoPll.png

ROG Crosshair X670E Hero was able to pass four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules with EXPO II @ DDR5-5600 with the OCCT memory test.

7900X has PBO enabled with 86 degrees C via Corsair H115i RGB Platinum RGB AIO cooler.

Later in the year, I plan to purchase F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR (2x 32GB) with G.SKill's ROG Crosshair X670E Hero QVL. https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/393/1665020956/F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR-QVL

I haven't tested four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules for the TUF X670e Plus Wifi motherboard.
Appreciate the post. So at least the ROG board can run 4x16GB 1R at near the normal EXPO speeds. As far as that goes the usual advice of YMMV outside of the minimum specs, as it has been for years on DDR4.

Would still be very interested to see examples of DDR5 speeds struggling with 4x32GB on either platform. 4x16GB at relatively high speeds (3600) was also apparently dicey territory on AM4, but fine for me.

SScorpio

doesn't matter what one you use.

if the card sags its because it's designed to. well maybe they didnt design it to sag but they also didn't design it not sag. they decided fuck it use cheap materials and/or go overboard with the heat sink and throw in a support bracket and call it quits.

nvidia founder cards 2000-4000 cards dont move once you screw them in. they are built with solid pieces of metal and not cheap bits of plastic like AIBs. even cards like the 3090-4090 don't sag. my 4080 is perfectly level and doesn't need a bracket. that thing is huge and heavy. i think the only plastic parts are the fans and the backplate cover.

Sag shouldn't have anything to do with materials. Solid metal makes it heavier which could make it worse.

Some of the new GPUs coming out finally have an actual fix. There are additional screws on the IO bracket that then screw directly into the cooler. So the weight of the card is then being held by the bracket which is turn it mounted to the case. Prior to this many cards just had the old two screws securing the bracket to the card. So the entire weight of the card was pulling on two small screw threads.

Tg89

So I grabbed a 3080ti FE relatively cheap immediately after the 40 series was announced. I kinda regretted it for a bit but after seeing prices/benchmarks on the 40 series (and the 3080tis still not being as cheap as I got mine) I'm feeling a lot better about it. I'm planning on staying at 1440p for a good while anyway so it's served me well so far.

That said, I think it's probably time to upgrade my CPU/Mobo/RAM. Wouldn't mind changing my case while I'm at it...currently have an H510i which does the trick but it was a little annoying to build in the first time and the temps still leave something to be desired. Had my eyes on a Fractal Torrent so might go that route.

My current CPU is a 10600k with an ASUS Z490-P. Definitely want to go with a more fully featured motherboard this time around (this build was a bit of a rush tbh, my previous one bit the dust unexpectedly). Mostly wondering if ya'll think I should jump on something now, or hold off a bit longer for new CPUs (7000 X3Ds or 14 series from intel). If I was to build now I'd probably go with a 13700k, which I think should provide quite a big performance jump - I imagine my gpu is a little bottlenecked by the 10600k.

Thoughts?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So, whats the deal? Are Graphic cards going to get cheaper this year?
You would think, but even the prices of last gen cards haven't been decreasing and are actually higher than at times last year, so it doesn't seem we will see any major discounts.

Celcius

°Temp. member
So I grabbed a 3080ti FE relatively cheap immediately after the 40 series was announced. I kinda regretted it for a bit but after seeing prices/benchmarks on the 40 series (and the 3080tis still not being as cheap as I got mine) I'm feeling a lot better about it. I'm planning on staying at 1440p for a good while anyway so it's served me well so far.

That said, I think it's probably time to upgrade my CPU/Mobo/RAM. Wouldn't mind changing my case while I'm at it...currently have an H510i which does the trick but it was a little annoying to build in the first time and the temps still leave something to be desired. Had my eyes on a Fractal Torrent so might go that route.

My current CPU is a 10600k with an ASUS Z490-P. Definitely want to go with a more fully featured motherboard this time around (this build was a bit of a rush tbh, my previous one bit the dust unexpectedly). Mostly wondering if ya'll think I should jump on something now, or hold off a bit longer for new CPUs (7000 X3Ds or 14 series from intel). If I was to build now I'd probably go with a 13700k, which I think should provide quite a big performance jump - I imagine my gpu is a little bottlenecked by the 10600k.

Thoughts?
I would have my eyes on the x3d amd chips next month if you don’t have to or need to upgrade right now.

GreatnessRD

Thoughts?
What are you doing with your PC? If you're strictly gaming, I would wait for the 7000 X3D reviews first. Look at all options then make an informed decision, in my opinion.
Lowest price AMD Advantage pre-built. Is it good?

1Vl5XGl.jpg
Kinda high, BUT since you can't get a 7900 XTX right now, if you don't mind paying about $400-$500 more, then I guess. I don't like that 16GB of ram for $3,000 with such a high-end processor, personally.

rnlval

Appreciate the post. So at least the ROG board can run 4x16GB 1R at near the normal EXPO speeds. As far as that goes the usual advice of YMMV outside of the minimum specs, as it has been for years on DDR4.

Would still be very interested to see examples of DDR5 speeds struggling with 4x32GB on either platform. 4x16GB at relatively high speeds (3600) was also apparently dicey territory on AM4, but fine for me.
FYI, ROG Crosshair X670E Hero was able to pass four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules with EXPO II @ DDR5-6000 with the Memtest86, but failed with OCCT's test. I haven't tested with higher voltage.

ROG Crosshair X670E Hero was able to pass four F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR modules with EXPO II @ DDR5-5800 with OCCT's memory test.

Last edited:

rnlval

Zen 4 has AVX-512 advanatge.

https://youtu.be/_-cn7x5Wl1g?t=526

Ryzen 7700X running RPCS3 Emulator's God of War 3 performance test with AVX512.

From Youtube's poster: "Nearly double the performance of my old 5800X".

https://youtu.be/M__zn9fJEMA?t=244
Ryzen 9 7900X vs Core i9 13900K running RPCS3's Uncharted Drake's Fortune. Ryzen 9 7900X is faster when compared to Core i9 13900K.

Intel has disabled Core i9 13900K's AVX-512. Core i9 13900K should be compared with a Ryzen 9 7950X.

Myths

It's been many many years since i built a PC. Nothing like the feels of pressing the power button and everything turns on properly

Wmhzog1.jpg

Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
Is the case upside down or is the motherboard upside down? I could’ve sworn the vertical LED strip on that case is on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom