• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need advice for a pair of wireless in-ear buds

GymWolf

So i'm searching for a new pair of wireless in-ear buds, i always bought cheap stuff so they usually stop working well after a year, this time i want to spend a bit more, so around 50-60 euros\dollars.

I don't necessarilly care about the audio part, but they have to be super resistant to sweat, with comfy way to change song\volume without super delicate touch shit that activates even when you just adjust the thing in your ear and they need to be stable in my ear, no more adjusting the thing 20 times in 30 min, and a stable connection that doesn't go crazy every fucking time i want to use these things.

After a very brief research for now i have these 2 models from decent brands on the price range i want:

Huawei freebuds 4i
Sony wf-c500 true

Do you have any other model in mind that better suits my needs?

Just to be clear, I'm not gonna spend more than 50-60 dollars, it is already too much for my limited use.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i was going to recommend Sony WF-1000XM4 but that's not in your budget. i'd go with the Sony WF-C500 then.

I have Sony WF-1000XM3 and WH-1000XM5. Sony make some of the best headphone/earphones out. Maybe not Audiophile level quality but still top quality.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Are you trying to tell me that the Sennheiser HE1s are not meant for the general public????
of course not! it's such a simple process to get hold of them!

1 We kindly request you make a down payment of $10,000
2 One of our employee contacts you to discuss your order in detail
3 Start production of your personal Sennheiser HE 1
4 We’ll be in touch again to complete the final payment once your Sennheiser HE 1 is ready for shipment
5 Upon receiving your payment, we will make arrangements for the transfer and assembly of your new Sennheiser HE 1

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
of course not! it's such a simple process to get hold of them!

1 We kindly request you make a down payment of $10,000
2 One of our employee contacts you to discuss your order in detail
3 Start production of your personal Sennheiser HE 1
4 We’ll be in touch again to complete the final payment once your Sennheiser HE 1 is ready for shipment
5 Upon receiving your payment, we will make arrangements for the transfer and assembly of your new Sennheiser HE 1
They used to actually list the starting price tag for these ($50k) but with inflation and supply chain shortages, I am sure they need to be flexible on pricing. But gat dam do I ever want a pair. Maybe when I'm rich.

Billbofet

Sorry, here's a pic of them
4sYYdfZ.jpg

50 large, jesus. How much better can these possibly sound over a $500 pair, or even a $1000 one.
Those types of price tags are inconceivable to me. Even if I had a billion in the bank I wouldn't spend 50k on a pair of headphones anymore than I would spend 250k on a luxury sports car.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Maybe look in to refurbs. Picked up a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro for $70 and they were basically as new.

AJUMP23

I use these. I like them.

GymWolf

Thanks for the advices and the unwanted discussion about high end earphones that cost more than my house in a topic about 50-60 dollars range products :lollipop_squinting:

I'm gonna read some reviews now.

I have Sony WF-1000XM3 and WH-1000XM5. Sony make some of the best headphone/earphones out. Maybe not Audiophile level quality but still top quality.
Having two pairs of the XM3's -- one at home and one at the office -- I can confirm this. Pretty good sound (probably not "audiophile level" like you correctly pointed out), comfortable, crazy long battery life, and pretty good noise cancelling.

Trogdor1123

I used a pair of $40 aukey ones for a while. They worked fine and had decent sound. I’d recommend them to anyone looking for inexpensive ones

I have some called "Soundcore" or something like that, I think they're generally on the cheaper ($30-$40) range. Great sound isolation, but they do have the problem GymWolf GymWolf talks about -- I constantly have to be adjusting them because they keep wanting to pop out of my ears. It's kind of annoying, actually 😂

Other than that, for the price, they're great!

GymWolf

I used a pair of $40 aukey ones for a while. They worked fine and had decent sound. I’d recommend them to anyone looking for inexpensive ones
What i have now are aukey, never again.

They worked fine for less than a year before going crazy.

GymWolf

Many of the advices here are for stuff that is around 80+ dollars unfortunately.

Last edited:

GymWolf

You get what you pay for in some extent with sound.

There are brands that are high priced but not great. I do like Audio Technica products. They are a fair price and a good sound.
Yeah but i'm already reaching a bit with my current budget, i'm really not an audiophile.

Being sturdy against sweat, having good wireless stability and good touch controls are honestly more important, my music is shit quality mp3 or worse, not even 1000 dollars earphone can fix that or my noob hearing standards.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Yeah but i'm already reaching a bit with my current budget, i'm really not an audiophile.

Being sturdy against sweat, having good wireless stability and good touch controls are honestly more important, my music is shit quality mp3 or worse, not even 1000 dollars earphone can fix that or my noob hearing standards.
Bittorent/VPN and FLAC downloads can fix the quality....DONT DO THIS..... DO THIS....a CD ripper......

I wasn't trying to force you to spend more....I probably just don't have anything in your budget.

GymWolf

Bittorent/VPN and FLAC downloads can fix the quality....DONT DO THIS..... DO THIS....a CD ripper......

I wasn't trying to force you to spend more....I probably just don't have anything in your budget.
I know you were not forcing anything, i was just detailing why pricey stuff is wasted on me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Like I said check refurbished stuff. Think in ear headphones are often returned probably due to people's ears being different, and price cuts are pretty deep due to the being in someone elses ears thing.

AJUMP23

Like I said check refurbished stuff. Think in ear headphones are often returned probably due to people's ears being different, and price cuts are pretty deep due to the being in someone elses ears thing.
But then it has been in an ear that is not yours.

GymWolf

I hate buying used stuff tbh, especially stuff that i have to put on my body.

Trogdor1123

What i have now are aukey, never again.

They worked fine for less than a year before going crazy.
Oh interesting. Mine worked for 2 or so years great. Then I handed them down to my kid when I got airpod pros from my wife as a gift, the aukey ones are still plugging away no problem. I should see if I can find the model

GymWolf

Oh interesting. Mine worked for 2 or so years great. Then I handed them down to my kid when I got airpod pros from my wife as a gift, the aukey ones are still plugging away no problem. I should see if I can find the model
Yeah mine still work but one of them lost 3/4 of his volume, the wireless connection is shit stable, touch commands are super sensible or shit sensible in all the wrong moments and it's a matter of luck if they both connect when i take out of the base.

They had a huge decline after like a year.

That's the main reason why i want something from a more trustworthy brand, not for the audio quality.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I went through multiple of them and most of what is suggested in OP is available on these headphones:

Nothing-Ear-1-Buds@1400x1050.jpg

I am very happy with Nothing Ear 1 headphones, they are affordable, comfortable with good touch controls and sound. They last around 3 hours with ANC on reasonable volume in call, around half an hour more with just music.

Fbh

I got a pair of Sony WF-C500 on sale for $40 and have been pretty happy with them.
The audio quality isn't stellar but it's much better than what I expected in this price range, they look good, build quality feels decent, and while I haven't properly timed it the advertised battery life seem about right (9-10 hours on a single charge + an extra charge in the case).

GymWolf

I went through multiple of them and most of what is suggested in OP is available on these headphones:

Nothing-Ear-1-Buds@1400x1050.jpg

I am very happy with Nothing Ear 1 headphones, they are affordable, comfortable with good touch controls and sound. They last around 3 hours with ANC on reasonable volume in call, around half an hour more with just music.
Way high price unfortunately.

Last edited:

Billbofet

These are very cheap, is the brand somehow famous for sound stuff or they are just the usual overrated chinese company like thousand others on amazon?
The brand - at least when I researched to purchase - has a bit of a following. They have several generations of earbuds over time that add features along the way.
These seemed to have evolved from other products, that were also highly rated.

Having used them now for a couple of months, I'm still incredibly impressed. My only tiny gripe is they are a tad bit big for me. They never fall out and come with several adapters to size them right, they are just a bit larger than my last buds.
That said, the extra size is worth the leap in sound quality for me.

Best: WF 1000XM4. They sound the best and have the best noise isolation. NOT recommended for working out, too pricey.

Jlab epic air sport, otherwise. I have the ANC version, but the ANC isn't worth shit. They stay in my ear (the only buds to do so) and are very customizable. Use them for work and sports.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Needing to be wireless is really going to stretch what options you have that are not total garbage. Decent IEMs can be had at these costs if you accept a wire.

If you truly need workout, wireless headphones, the Jabra Elite 75t are about as bare bones as I would go myself.
Some reviews on Wirecutter (including a $30 budget pick)

An option for wired:

And Crinacles IEM ranking guide, includes price so you sort by lowest cost first.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Best: WF 1000XM4. They sound the best and have the best noise isolation. NOT recommended for working out, too pricey.

Jlab epic air sport, otherwise. I have the ANC version, but the ANC isn't worth shit. They stay in my ear (the only buds to do so) and are very customizable. Use them for work and sports.
Just for the record, i don't give 2 fucks about noise isolation, i like having some awereness and when i use them i'm usually in quiet places and the isolation from the rubber thingy is good enough.

GymWolf

Needing to be wireless is really going to stretch what options you have that are not total garbage. Decent IEMs can be had at these costs if you accept a wire.

If you truly need workout, wireless headphones, the Jabra Elite 75t are about as bare bones as I would go myself.
Some reviews on Wirecutter (including a $30 budget pick)

An option for wired:

And Crinacles IEM ranking guide, includes price so you sort by lowest cost first.

I'm absolutely open to having a wire that connect the earbuds, they just need to be wireless without a jack.

If you have something with a wire in the 50-60 dollars range that can kick up a notch the quality compared to true wireless, i'm all ears.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's not a matter of making more money, i just don't wanna spend more than my budget for earbuds because they are a less than tertiary thing in my life and i don't use them that much, also i have shit quality music on my phone :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I get it. Your limitation here is needing them to be wireless AND sweat resistant. Sweat will kill your electronics. If you want a good, protected set of headphones, it will cost more money. I used to buy these cheap $30 Sony ones for my lawn mowing & workout. I would go through a pair about once every 6 months. I finally caved and bought a pair of KZ SZ10 Pro a few years ago. they are still kicking now and cost me $50. They are wired though.

Take a look at Linsoul's offering. They do Chi-fi. I won't vouch for any of this wireless ones, but there are some options here for you to explore:

GymWolf

I get it. Your limitation here is needing them to be wireless AND sweat resistant. Sweat will kill your electronics. If you want a good, protected set of headphones, it will cost more money. I used to buy these cheap $30 Sony ones for my lawn mowing & workout. I would go through a pair about once every 6 months. I finally caved and bought a pair of KZ SZ10 Pro a few years ago. they are still kicking now and cost me $50. They are wired though.

Take a look at Linsoul's offering. They do Chi-fi. I won't vouch for any of this wireless ones, but there are some options here for you to explore:
read my previous post.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OP here are the ones I use for almost everything. They're cheap but they have good sound and are well constructed.

I know Razer's quality is pretty hit-and-miss though, maybe I just got a good pair, but I've been using them a few hours a day for a few years now and they've been great. Originally got them in a bundle with the Razer Kishi (they are low-latency and designed for gaming, after all). They're IPX4 water resistant.

When I'm working out or hiking (couple hours a week) I use these instead:

A bit over your budget, but these things are built like a tank. The audio quality is kinda shit, but they won't jostle around or fall out, and your ears stay unobstructed so you can hear traffic if you need to (very important for me).

Good luck!

GymWolf

Click through that link to Linsoul. They have a couple of options that meet all your criteria, including wireless and budget. Just don't complain to me if they shit the bed a year later. :p
So there is nothing in the 50-60 dollars range with a wire but still wireless that i'm not gonna destroy with my sweat in about a year?

So every guy who does a bit of gym or sunbathing need to spend hundreds of dollars for a pair of fucking earbuds?

damn :lollipop_squinting:

Ironbunny

I'm going to throw these in as I was surprised how good they are. Been using them ever since these were released. Long lasting battery and great sound and I'd rate these higher than Sony XM4. I have both and pick up these more often. No noise cancellation though. Sometimes these are in a bigger discount. edit: Damn the price has gone up :(

Between-Pro_SAEE3X_wcase-06_gray_1200x.progressive.jpg

https://www.status.co/products/betweenpro

Last edited:
Top Bottom