• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need help Gaf. Lost my 15 year old Psn

Hey guys, what do I do?
I've had my psn account for 15 years, since the launch of the ps3, most of my games are digital, over 200 platinum.
I was playing this morning, I stopped for lunch. When I came back I couldn't log in anymore. It said my password was wrong, I asked to change the password in the email.
But I don't receive the email. I tried to get in touch via the playstation online chat and the phone. And they say there is a warning that nothing can be done on that account. But they don't say anything else, they don't say what I can do.
Has anyone ever experienced this? What should I do, my credit cards are there and the id is my last name.
I don't believe that I was hacked, because I didn't receive any email saying that the email was changed, it is still linked to the account. And my password is big. I didn't do anything unusual, I woke up, played games, turned off, had lunch and came back.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
A few things come to mind:
An ip address associated with any suspicious behavior on the PSN side.
Any PSN cards that you have redeemed that may have been purchased from a 3rd party/unauthorized reseller.
Any reported behavior during online game sessions that could be considered threatening or may lead to harm.

Things to try:
1) Go store.playstation.com and try to log in using your current password and email address.
2) Download PSN app and try to log in using your current password and email address.

The Fartist

Gold Member
UeTemnr.gif

A few things come to mind:
An ip address associated with any suspicious behavior on the PSN side.
Any PSN cards that you have redeemed that may have been purchased from a 3rd party/unauthorized reseller.
Any reported behavior during online game sessions that could be considered threatening or may lead to harm.

Things to try:
1) Go store.playstation.com and try to log in using your current password and email address.
2) Download PSN app and try to log in using your current password and email address.

I tried the last 2 already. One thing that i did was download Multiversus beta last night, it was a code that i got from the official warner site. I played it today before turning off my ps5. But i didnt even play agains other people only did the tutorial and fighted a bot.

Check spam in mailbox
Nothing there.

The only thing support says to me is that they cant do anything for that account.
I tried the online chat, the guy ask my email, and just closed the chat.
I tried de phone, the guy did the same, asked my email, waited for 2 minutes, they said, nothing can be done and finished. I called another time and other guy said there was a message that they cant do anything when he searched my email.

Wtf is this? I buy things almost every week there for 15 years, play every day. Never changed my email. Changed password about every year to stay safe. And they just hang up on my face.

TrueLegend

Try to get a reason for them. Ofc you have to call them again and again which is ofc not something anyone wants to do but you don't have much options unless suing them is cheap in your country.
Nothing there.

The only thing support says to me is that they cant do anything for that account.
I tried de phone, the guy did the same, asked my email, waited for 2 minutes, they said, nothing can be done and finished. I called another time and other guy said there was a message that they cant do anything when he searched my email.

Wtf is this? I buy things almost every week there for 15 years, play every day. Never changed my email. Changed password about every year to stay safe. And they just hang up on my face.

Last edited:

theHFIC

I think the problem is with the support. Most likely outsourced to a region where they follow an English (or your support language) script for most questions and the moment you have a problem that doesn't go along with one of their scripts they can't help you.

Keep calling and request the call get escalated. You need to reach someone who knows WTF you are talking about because the tier 1 people probably have no clue.

Skifi28

Soon it'll be old enough to vote, then maybe it can return voluntarily.

Jokes aside, there's not much to do other than keep trying support. If even they can't do anything, we certainly can't help you.

NickFire

OP - did you do anything with your card / general credit that could have caused a charge roll back? It might be something as benign as first tier customer service being useless. But I think ManaByte ManaByte is probably barking up the correct tree. If they are telling you the account has been flagged, there is probably a reason. Doesn't mean you actually did anything though.

OP - did you do anything with your card / general credit that could have caused a charge roll back? It might be something as benign as first tier customer service being useless. But I think ManaByte ManaByte is probably barking up the correct tree. If they are telling you the account has been flagged, there is probably a reason. Doesn't mean you actually did anything though.
No, but i linked my account on warner site to acess the beta for multiversus. Was the last thing i did.
Can someone call then and try to talk with them for me? They just dont let me talk with any superior.
There is one thing that i just remembered. I created my account in US 15 years ago, no i live in Brazil. Maybe this is related to that? But i moved to here 10 years ago.
Please, if anyone can call then from Us, please mesage me, i will give my email.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is a next level joke and people are unironically quoting you seriously.
lol of course. I wouldn't expect less.

Not a good take, boss. As noted above, there are ways to prevent this, or at least make solving it easier should it happen.
There are no ways to prevent this. You are on a mercy of the store owner/corporation at this point if they will or will not help you.
The games from psn will not run from backup drive without psn authentication

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Sony's support can be painful. What's the last email you've received from Playstation? Surely it's the "purchase" of the multiplayer beta client you were using this morning?

It really sounds like your account was compromised.

Last edited:
Sony's support can be painful. What's the last email you've received from Playstation? Surely it's the "purchase" of the multiplayer beta client you were using this morning?

I just searched here, and no. The last thing that shows here is Date Purchased: 06/30/2022, when i got Zombie Army DLC.
This is strange, because i got the beta last night, then i got a special skin for plus owners. None of the 2 is showing here in my email.

I just tried another call, the guy got mad at me and say that they wouldnt call the superior. And i just asked, Hi i have a problem with my login, tried another calls, can i talk with your superior?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I just searched here, and no. The last thing that shows here is Date Purchased: 06/30/2022, when i got Zombie Army DLC.
This is strange, because i got the beta last night, then i got a special skin for plus owners. None of the 2 is showing here in my email.

I just tried another call, the guy got mad at me and say that they wouldnt call the superior. And i just asked, Hi i have a problem with my login, tried another calls, can i talk with your superior?
Sue them and buy a God of War Ragnarok Collectors edition for everyone on gaf with the settlement money.

bitbydeath

It sounds like someone has taken your account and Sony can’t do anything cause they think you’re the hacker.

Have you tried resetting your password, or is it no longer connected to your email?

Edit: You did. You should have had two factor authentication installed, did you give your information to someone? If not, someone who lives with you/comes around to your place probably did, bitter ex maybe?

Last edited:

NickFire

Please, if anyone can call then from Us, please mesage me, i will give my email.
You should never give your account information to strangers on the internet. Just reading the offer made me think your account was banned for something involving fraud. By chance have you shared account information with others before? They might have done something without you knowing.

anothertech

What do you think the warning message is for? Any idea?

Anyhow, you can actually talk to management if you call enough times and get your ticket escalated. Happened to my bro when he was hacked.

But ya, you really need 2 step verification. Sounds like you didn't.

You should never give your account information to strangers on the internet. Just reading the offer made me think your account was banned for something involving fraud. By chance have you shared account information with others before? They might have done something without you knowing.

No. But my email is public. Its the same that i use in every place.
The last thing that i did, was create a warner account, that link that to my psn.

I used the same email in that account.
When i call then they just ask my email. Its the same on gaf too. And how to reach me in social media

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nothing there.

Sony customer support sucks.

Just keep trying and hope you get a normal decent human being who isnt a total cunt.

bender

What time is it?
Did you get an email from Sony saying your account email has been updated? It really sounds like your account was hijacked and someone changed the email address. Do you have access to the email account that you used when you created your account originally? You should be able to tell support that you believe your account has been hacked and request them restore the email address that was used to create the account. Looking at reddit, it seems like a common occurrence.

What do you think the warning message is for? Any idea?

Anyhow, you can actually talk to management if you call enough times and get your ticket escalated. Happened to my bro when he was hacked.

But ya, you really need 2 step verification. Sounds like you didn't.
They don't say what is the message. They only say that they can't do anything.

If they think I'm the hacker, they can ask me another things, because the I'd is my last name, they have all my info there. They have my devices, my ip.

I had 2 step, but stopped using it about 1 year ago.

When I asked if someone here can call then, It's because, and they only ask the email. Maybe they cant acess because it's an Us account, and I'm calling Brazilian Playstation support.

bitbydeath

They don't say what is the message. They only say that they can't do anything.

If they think I'm the hacker, they can ask me another things, because the I'd is my last name, they have all my info there. They have my devices, my ip.

I had 2 step, but stopped using it about 1 year ago.

When I asked if someone here can call then, It's because, and they only ask the email. Maybe they cant acess because it's an Us account, and I'm calling Brazilian Playstation support.
The good news is the person who now has your account is most likely someone you know in real life, unless you started sharing your password with strangers online.

Try think who would do that/could do that.

Nothing there.

Come on. It's ok, you can be honest with us. Your flagrant usage of racial slurs while playing Call of Duty finally caught up with you didn't it...

The good news is the person who now has your account is most likely someone you know in real life, unless you started sharing your password with strangers online.

Try think who would do that/could do that.

I live alone.No one even know that i play games.

Why did you stop?
It was boring to confirm everytime. Worst decision ever.

Come on. It's ok, you can be honest with us. Your flagrant usage of racial slurs while playing Call of Duty finally caught up with you didn't it...
I only play solo fortnite online and offline games.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
When you say "And they say there is a warning that nothing can be done on that account."

Does that mean when they tried to look into your account, they found out your account had a warning on it?

Or does it mean when they tried to access your account, it gave the CS rep a warning that they could not make any changes to the account? ie resetting the password for you, etc?

Two very different things, but very important to know the difference. The former would mean there's some type of restriction on your account. The latter that they found nothing wrong with it or their system wouldn't allow them to correct the problem.

Also, I think if you were suspended, you'd have gotten some type of notification. You wouldn't try to log in and it just say "invalid password" but maybe I'm wrong.

Top Bottom