• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I never thought I would say this.. JBL is saving smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I dont know how this happened, but JBL has turned into the best heel the WWE has had in years. His in ring work is not very good, but the heat he generates for a match seems to make up for it... throw in an angle/eddie feud, the new evil spike, a really solid midcard overall, a sometimes entertaining cruiserweight division and you have a really solid show.

More importantly is Kidman/London.. I could watch those to in the ring for hours without ever getting bored. It helps that the tag team division is starting to get a bit better overall.

Cena is leaving to make his movie soon, which will hurt.. but big slow is coming back soon, and he can put on some good matches, sometimes.

right now Raw seems like Im watching the exact same 2 hour show week after week since the Royal Rumble. Throw in a Diva Search and a shitty Kane angle, and a big question about Ortons ability to be a solid champ and face.. I think Smackdown is primed to be the top show for a while.

Bog

Junior Ace
Kidman and London rock. And JBL gained a couple points tonight by wearing the cowboy hat on top of his neck brace.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Bog said:
Kidman and London rock.

Correction: London rocks. Kidman is still the same sloppy punch-machine he's always been. He should let London do the SSP's and stick to getting the hot tag and clotheslining people.

On the main subject, I agree. Like you said, JBL blows in the ring but his character is compelling enough to nullify any workrate-related inadequacies he has.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It's almost as if the whole Nazi incident in Germany motivated him even more. The fact that it's an election year and he's aping many of the mannerisms of politicians doesn't hurt either.

I'm also *groan* starting to warm up to HHH again. SHUT UP STOOGE

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Trips has been doing a good job of putting people over lately... I have confidence he will put Orton over.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I missed Raw (switched to basic cable so I don't get TSN anymore), but the clip of the celebration and turn that they showed on Smackdown last night was the bee's knees.

Triumph

Banned
Yeah, I'm hating JBL less and less.

I will say this, though. Randy Orton as a smarmy heel champ was barely credible. Randy Orton as a face in general is a ludicrous proposition, and as a face CHAMP... well, let's just say I'm not watching RAW anymore until certain things are "fixed".

Memles

With Edge going down the crapper, Christian STILL out with injury and Jericho stuck with Edge, and Benoit kind of randomly out there, there isn't even any great wrestling matches guaranteed each week on RAW anymore. For this, Smackdown has at least had London/Kidman, who are moer energetic than anything we've seen on RAW outside of this week's main event.

FightyF

Banned
I've always thought JBL was a great heel. His angle always reminded me of the Million Dollar Man to some extent (the difference being that Debiase is too awesome on the mic...and we can't forget his cackle laugh). I just think JBL got the belt way too quickly.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well I finally saw the Orton/Benot SS match and the last bit of Raw, just as good as I'd hoped. Good psychology in both matches, although Benoit was really piling on the offense in the Raw match. Loved the ending though - classic. I'm living in bizarro world when HHH's work is actually entertaining me.

The intensity Beniot showed in the Raw rematch was great.

They seemed much more focased and energized than in the SS match.

The Orton Beatdown was great... But i dont wanna see this feud going all the way to Wrestlemania.

JBL is coming quite the heel.. but still he cant hold a decent match.

The wave was the only rememerable moment from Summerslam (JBL/Taker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom