• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I-Ninja Rocks. Hard.

BuddyC

Oh man, for less than $10 at EB, you guys need this game. I play one, maybe two platformers a year, just because I'm so burnt out on them. But this, this is just incredibly fun. Within the first four levels, there are elements of:

Punch-Out
Super Monkey Ball
Marble Madness
Rachet and Clank

...and...

Futurama! Yes, that's right, good old Billy West (Philip J. Fry/Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth/Dr. Zoidberg/Zapp Brannigan/Leo Wong/Smitty/President Richard Nixon's Head) contributed voice work for the main character.

Seriously folks, for $10, you can afford to go and snag this at your local EB. The price is only temporary, so move move move!

For those of you on the fence, how often do I pimp a platformer?

Gunsmoke said:
I played it for just over 1 hour at my friends place about 4 weeks ago on Xbox.

This is not a troll, just an opinion.
I didn't like the game, I started to fall asleep. The graphics are Dreamcast generation.
The game looks and feels like a poor mans Sonic Adventure with elements of Konami's "Goemon series" mini games thrown in.

I can see how it might appeal to some people though.
And yes, there is always a reason why something only costs $10 bux.

I guess for that price though, it's not hurting anyone.

Sonic Adventure is already the poor man's Sonic Adventure.

I love this game. I totally agree with BC...except the futaram thing. BIlly West also did the voices of Ren and Stimpty.

Ren and Stimpy PRe Spike TV/VH1's "Neutering">>>>Futramam

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I wouldn't say it rocks hard, but it's certainly one of those games that's a steal now that's it's cheap. I picked up it and Billy Hatcher on the same day about a month ago for a total of $30 and found I-Ninja to be much more enjoyable than the pile that is BH.

I'd give it a 3/5 on our scale.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Gunsmoke said:
I played it for just over 1 hour at my friends place about 4 weeks ago on Xbox.

This is not a troll, just an opinion.
I didn't like the game, I started to fall asleep. The graphics are Dreamcast generation.
The game looks and feels like a poor mans Sonic Adventure with elements of Konami's "Goemon series" mini games thrown in.

I can see how it might appeal to some people though.
And yes, there is always a reason why something only costs $10 bux.

I guess for that price though, it's not hurting anyone.

I agree. I have it (got it free, don't ask), and it's just not very fun. Graphics are bland and gameplay is uninspired. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i-ninja is really great in small doses. however, even then, you start to run out of steam about 3/4ths through. still, fun stuff. well worth $10 -- i paid triple.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nerevar said:
I agree. I have it (got it free, don't ask), and it's just not very fun. Graphics are bland and gameplay is uninspired. I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I'll take it off your hands :)

yes, the game does indeed rock. The only parts I didn't like were the red coin + ball levels. The first one was easy enough, it was the other two that were difficult. The final boss was kinda weak as well, but that's just me.

Top Bottom