• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I started watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time

Bluntman

Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnel are amazing actors, they are not stupid HBO series tier actors, they are (were) blockbuster movie tier.

Also, BSG is one of the best shows ever. Yes, parts of season 4 are questionable is places.

That season 3 moment what everyone was talking about in the first page is truly one of the best sci-fi moments of all time

(Are we talking about the same scene? :D Someone write a spoiler about it please! :D)

Last edited:
I really like BSG but in some episodes there is too much drama and to little sci-fi for me. I just started 4 season so I cannot comment on ending.
Also what is the general consensus about orignal series from the 80s?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I really like how season 1 is ending so far. I have one episode left.

I wonder if going to earth is going to be the series-long overlying plot or if it'll just be something that sticks around for a season.

I have to say though, "Tom Zarek" is the dumbest terrorist name ever and he's the least convincing terrorist ever. He looks like a Home Depot manager. If you respond with "what's a terrorist supposed to look like, then?" my response would be I don't know, but not like Tom Zarek.

The subplot back on Caprica is finally becoming interesting after being a bit of a slog for a while. When I read reviews about the show, many talked about the show making the viewer think about what it means to be human. This story arc is indicative of that.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really like how season 1 is ending so far. I have one episode left.

I wonder if going to earth is going to be the series-long overlying plot or if it'll just be something that sticks around for a season.

I have to say though, "Tom Zarek" is the dumbest terrorist name ever and he's the least convincing terrorist ever. He looks like a Home Depot manager. If you respond with "what's a terrorist supposed to look like, then?" my response would be I don't know, but not like Tom Zarek.

The subplot back on Caprica is finally becoming interesting after being a bit of a slog for a while. When I read reviews about the show, many talked about the show making the viewer think about what it means to be human. This story arc is indicative of that.
Zarek was in the original BSG. And his casting makes more sense as his character evolves. Glad youre liking it!

nush

I've met Trica Helfer, she was super down to earth and easy to chat with. She had really perfect teeth. Got a personalized autograph "God has a plan for you Nush".

Dazrael

The Adama maneuver?
That’s the one, literally edge of your seat stuff.

Zarek is a great way to have Richard Hatch involved as he played Apollo in the original series. Once again his character gets better over time.

I remember reading that Hatch pitched an idea for a sequel series, kinda like BSG The Next Generation. It even went as far as a filmed pilot but the powers that be went with the Ronald D. Moore idea instead. So it was pretty cool when he popped up in this show anyway. I’d love to see that filmed pilot though, it hasn’t emerged publicly yet.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm two episodes into season 2. Maybe it just seems this way, but I'm noticing better picture quality from the first season. You can see it on the parts in Kobol.

So far this season, Baltar has been pretty useless, but I'm only two episodes into season 2. He's basically doing nothing on Kobol just sleeping and fantasizing the entire time.

Adama being shot at the end of season 1 was a cool surprise, but I knew she was going to do something at some point.

Tigh's wife is a horrendously lame character. I'm glad she's not in the show much because she's basically a soap opera character thrown into a serious show. Hope she's not in it much and it stays this way.

Cleared_Hot

Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnel are amazing actors, they are not stupid HBO series tier actors, they are (were) blockbuster movie tier.

Also, BSG is one of the best shows ever. Yes, parts of season 4 are questionable is places.

That season 3 moment what everyone was talking about in the first page is truly one of the best sci-fi moments of all time

(Are we talking about the same scene? :D Someone write a spoiler about it please! :D)
Stupid hbo tier actors? The fuck?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Was weird seeing Nicki Clyne (Callie) show up in the NXIUM cult documentaries. Turns out she was married to the leader of the sex cult Allison Mack.
Edit: I see I'm not the only one

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Was weird seeing Nicki Clyne (Callie) show up in the NXIUM cult documentaries. Turns out she was married to the leader of the sex cult Allison Mack.
Edit: I see I'm not the only one
She's hot. She looks better now than on the show. She said she's broke and works normal jobs now. I'd definitely smash, though she seems like a total nut.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finished the episode where they go in the temple of Athena and see the constellations and are ready to head toward finding earth.

Think I'm gonna take a break from watching though. I like it, but I've hit kind of a lull where I'm more interested in watching movies at the moment. I'll pick it up again in a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom