• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think im addicted to GT7

I bought it at launch and it went straight into my backlog. I’ve been overloaded with game releases and after hearing about the mtx controversy ii kind of moved it down my list in favor of some other early march games like Triangle Strategy. I’ve seen picked GT back up and i haven’t played one since Gt4 on PS2.

I’ve basically been playing it non-stop since Saturday morning. I def did not expect this game to grab me like it has but earning cars, customizing, taking photos and the license test have been incredible. I think the license test are my favorite part, it feels like dark souls almost. You try it out fail, and you keep getting better each time. There ahve been some test where I def did not think I would ever pass it and 10 minutes later I just hit it perfectly. Its such a good euphoric feeling, like beating a souls boss.

All in all it feels really good good and the cars look really good. Environments def leave something to be desired though. This might end up being one of my favorite games this year.

I won a little white Miata today and dumped 130k worth of after market parts into it.

FQBcQfTXoAkoCtH

Klik

They need to fix force feedback on wheels. Even though physics are better than GT Sport, force feedback is crappy. You can't really feel oversteer/understeer, track surface and effect when tyres are losing grip so wheel become lighter. Comparing GT7 force feedback with Assetto Corsa and difference is really big. Really hope Polyphony will fix FF issue.

Also.. PSVR 2. Oh god we need VR for this game. Its a gamechanger for racing games

Last edited:

Markio128

They need to fix force feedback on wheels. Even though physics are better than GT Sport, force feedback is crappy. You can't really feel oversteer/understeer, track surface and effect when tyres are losing grip so wheel become lighter. Comparing GT7 force feedback with Assetto Corsa and difference is really big. Really hope Polyphony will fix FF issue.

Also.. PSVR 2. Oh god we need VR for this game. Its a gamechanger for racing games
AC is bobbins on PS5 - it took me ages just to get the wheel to work, then when it did, the game played like crap. I’m sure it’s great on PC with all the additional mods and stuff, but it can’t hold a candle to GT7 gameplay and content wise on console. And the wheel feedback on GT7 is great in my opinion and I have had no issues feeling oversteer/understeer.

Shubh_C63

I myself really wants to get in sim racing scene but there's just too many others things to buy, like are you using a controller or steering wheel. Is it any fun with the controller ?

FingerBang

Fuck. I impulsively bought a G29 and then I realized I needed a stand, which is getting here tomorrow. Guess GT7 is next.

Mung

I myself really wants to get in sim racing scene but there's just too many others things to buy, like are you using a controller or steering wheel. Is it any fun with the controller ?
It's fantastic with dualsense, especially with motion control on.

I abandoned wheels with GT sport as I found it a major hassle and barrier to playing. Also I'm actually quicker with the controller.

Last edited:

Markio128

It’s excellent with the controller. I do own a wheel, but because I have to drag it out every time I want to use it, I sometimes play with the controller. The only issue with the controller is having to use the face buttons to change gears, but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I really like and I even like the very clean look .. but physics seem a little off. Why do I go sliding across the track while trying to take a turn only going 40 mph? It seems a little extreme.

Certinty

It's an amazing game and add to that the load times, the flawless UI and presentation, there's no wonder you keep coming back for more.

Spent like a solid 90 consecutive minutes on the second eco challenge and I loved every minute, I didn't even get annoyed near the end, I was just smiling at how great the game was.

(Shame the AI sucks but that's another matter.)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
When racing game is good, I can play it constantly. I am not a fan of sims, so last time it happened with FH5, but many such case before tho. So have fun.

Jormatar

It is definately one of the best racing games out there. Sucks that it got some bad reputation due to that MTX fiasco but it seems those troubles are behind now. Here is hoping the support is going to be great for years to come.

Three

I dropped every game and have been playing this almost every day since release. I honestly can see myself getting the platinum for this during this generation.

It's such an incredible game, and after the latet update it's even better´.

I haven't got a platinum in a GT since GT5. Was proud of that one in GT5 but the online ones in GT Sport require a certain amount of wins and I don't play online races that often to get 325 online wins or whatever it required. Are there similar ones in GT7?

SLB1904

Banned
It is definately one of the best racing games out there. Sucks that it got some bad reputation due to that MTX fiasco but it seems those troubles are behind now. Here is hoping the support is going to be great for years to come.
If the support is the same has gt sports
i can't complaint

I haven't got a platinum in a GT since GT5. Was proud of that one in GT5 but the online ones in GT Sport require a certain amount of wins and I don't play online races that often to get 325 online wins or whatever it required. Are there similar ones in GT7?
No. You need to play 50 sport races. you don't have to win them. There's also a trophy after your first sport race. That's it. Don't worry about the online trophies, i think there's only these 2.

I do find odd that the Platinum trophy is still at 0% though...how did no one win it yet? If i remember it right there's nothing impossible from the list and there's people with all the other trophies. The one with the least percentage is actually the 50 sport races at 0.8% if i remember it right.

Still Gran Turismo is like a fine win, you don't rush through it to Platinum it and move on. I'm sure until 2025 or something i'll do it.

ethomaz

Banned
Probably getting death threads here, but am I the only one who hates these license things?

I hated it back in the first game and I'm surprised they haven't removed it to this day.
I do like them.
License, circuit experience and missions are what teach you how to drive.

I still believe GTS was better in that front than GT7.

But people wanted these dam Sunday Cups that I do only if asked by Cafe.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
OP just wait for Cirxuit Experience.
It is hard than licenses and makes you millionaire.

When you do Gold in a full Circuit Experience you really feel that badass.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

I believe you are talking about the PC version of AC because on consoles it is not like that :p

ethomaz

Banned
Yes it is the best sim with controller imo.
The others like Asseto Corsa or Project Cars are near unplayable with controllers.

Arthimura

GT7 is amazing. I consider Soulsborne games my favorite games nowadays, but when GT7 and Elden Ring released, I got so addicted to GT7 that I played it more than Elden Ring and finished all the Café Missions in a short time.

I need to check if Polyphony already upgraded the rewards, I put the game down a little bit after finishing the campaign because I felt a little let down by the daily rewards, you don't even get a ticket for completing daily multiplayer races...

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
50 online races are required and you need to drive a certain amount of km / miles collectively. Not that bad actually. The biggest hurdle in terms of the platinum and the fact nobody got it as of now comes from the trophy "three legendary cars". Just two cars have been part of the legendary dealership offer.

ethomaz

Banned
GT7 is way easier to Platinum than GT5 imo.
At least looking at the trophies there isn’t any overboard about it (yes I have GT5 Platinum).

Arthimura

You can totally enjoy the game and play well with the Dualsense. The immersion is great with the haptic feedback, you can feel the cars acceleration and differences in terrain (ex: kerbs).

ethomaz

Banned
I’m not quite that ambidextrous lol - I’m okay with the face buttons now tbh.
I used to play previous GTs with the accelerator and brake at face buttons (or sticks). Even today I put them there to my near 3 years old play.

But with GTS I forced me adapt with the triggers and now I mostly play that way… so using the face buttons for gears feels fine to me that used to play only using face buttons for accelerator/brake before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom