• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think it’s time to start building an ark…

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

It’s June in Texas and instead of 100 F days, we’ve had 5 straight days of rain. Not storms for 5 days, but 5 days of continuous rain. And rain is in the forecast for tomorrow as well. While it’s very weird, it’s kind of nice.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Slo said:
Buy a parka NOW!

And make sure you stay inside when the insta-freeze starts -- although if you're quick enough you should be able to outrun the advancing frost and close the door on it just in time...

Triumph

Banned
bush-george-w-2.jpg

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING! THERE IS NO HOLE IN THE OZONE LAYER! PLEASE DRIVE SUVS AND USE AEROSOL SPRAYS! YEEE HAAWWW!!!!!!!!

Ecrofirt

you people make me laugh.

You think they actually know what causes 'global warming'? We've only been studying this for, let's say, 60 years. In 60 years, do you think a definitive answer to what causes global warming has been decided?

The earth has been around for 5 billion years, and in 60 years of research scientists have decided that humans are the one and only cause of global warming? I don't think so.

Triumph

Banned
You're so right, Ecofirt. Obviously the exhaust emitted from cars has nothing to do with the greenhouse effect. Nothing.

Ecrofirt

Oh, and you want to get me started on cars now?

Do you remember what happened when cars didn't have catalytic converters? all that shit that was emitted by exhaust went up into air, and fell back down to earth shortly thereafter. Since the introduction of the catalytic converter, the particles in exhaust get broken down again, so that they're extraordinarily tiny, and stay in the atmosphere when they go up.

Thank you, Mr. catalytic converter. I certainly do like hydrocarbons in my air.

Yea, in Dallas they said it has rained 8 out of the past 9 days.

It is pretty nice not having 100 degree weather everyday, but I hate rain at the same time.

AirBrian

evil ways said:
I saw some footage of that in the news, a bunch of horses swimming in water right up to their necks.
Ha, I just saw that (or scenes like that) on both Fox News and CNN. Some of the rural areas with poor drainage systems are getting hammered. Here in Dallas it's draining pretty well -- but we have some crazy sewer systems because when it rains, usually it's a downpour (1 inch per 15 minutes).

Its all the farmers fault, cow,pig,chicken,sheep poo and farts have added vast amounts of methane to the atmosphere. Think of how many of those creatures there were thousands of years ago and now think how many there are. Thats a shitload of..... shit

It's been damn too hot here (Germany) for a couple weeks and today, all of a sudden, one of the worst storms I've ever seen. Ice rocks hitting the windows hard (no blinds ho ho). No relation, but water's leaking through the fucking roof and I felt like whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom