• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was asked my "preferred pronouns" today when making an appointment. First time this has happened in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarorbit

Using the title in an academic setting is customary and respectful when your instructor is a PhD.
Oh I should have specified this was my sophomore year of high school back in 1998.

Agree that if it was in college/job I definitely would have kept that to myself. One of superintendent candidates for my school district is Dr blah blah. I would never insult her by saying I think it's inappropriate for non medical professionals to use Dr.

But as a sophomore in high school fuck Dr. Y. You can't go into an English class and demand to be called that and not expect hs students to give you shit.

Cleared_Hot

We live in a clown world where people who think theyre fighting social constructs actually created them to begin with for absolutely no reason and with zero self awareness.

Last edited:

spawn

I've never been asked that, but I would probably act like I have no idea what they're talking about. I would be like sorry I'm not on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom