• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iD Software hiring for the development of a "long running iconic action fps"

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
InnocentFriendlyGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Banned
I kinda hope it's not Quake... I kinda hope Machine Games does a new Quake, their add-ons for the first game are amazing!

LNXD

Neo Member
Quake reboot but 1 or 2. I hope it's 2 or 4 and the gameplay between Wolfenstein and Doom.
Wolfenstein fights against humans, Doom against demons, and Quake against aliens.

winjer

Gold Member
I bet it's Quake.
They just released the Quake remaster, to test people's interest and remember the saga exists.

They probably think that focusing just on Doom might limit what they can do. And it can leave to gamers saturation of the saga.

sircaw

Banned
i hope it's quake, but how the hell are you expecting people to do strafe jumping, bunny hopping. rocket and grenade jumping on the console.

i remember quake 2, q2dm1, the edge, there were so many trick jumps on that map,

Movement is a key aspect of quake, i don't want it to go the way of the new doom games with all that transversal.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If this is Quake, then what Quake would people want to be reimagined?

Would you prefer the gothic horror of Quake 1, or the Sci-fi war of Quake 2/4?

Personally, I'd like to go bath to the gothic horror of the first Quake.

Holammer

ID Software published Hexen, do they own the IP? (I think they do), either way you can just model it after Hexen and call it something else like Schmexen.
A new Hexen running on ID Tech and with all the gameplay mechanics and design experience from the recent Doom games would be a winner. Maybe add some looter shooter mechanics for gear and a couple playable classes. This would expand replayablitity and user engagement, which can be extended further with content updates for new campaigns and classes.

Goalus

Shame that iD can't make new IP's. Such potential.
Didn't they make four new IPs during the past 30 years?
Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Rage.
Ok, Wolfenstein has been around since the eighties, but the other three were new, original IPs.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
ID Software published Hexen, do they own the IP? (I think they do), either way you can just model it after Hexen and call it something else like Schmexen.
A new Hexen running on ID Tech and with all the gameplay mechanics and design experience from the recent Doom games would be a winner. Maybe add some looter shooter mechanics for gear and a couple playable classes. This would expand replayablitity and user engagement, which can be extended further with content updates for new campaigns and classes.
I would be all-in for an Hexen reboot, they could make it kinda like DOOM Eternal but with much more exploration. Just don't make it a key/switch hunt, I hated those "puzzles".

Loke

It's no Duke if there are no misogynist jokes and half naked chicks and you can totally forget about that in 2021.
One-liners and chicks were just the icing on the cake in Duke Nukem 3D. Its strongest aspect was the amazing gameplay which was a mix between its weapons, cool monster designs, fantastic level design and interactivity. That's what DNF failed at. It had (mostly) terrible jokes and naked chicks but its gameplay was shoddy and boring as fuck. Yeah, it had some good parts but it was overshadowed with the janky crap.

Ultra Donny

Quake. Same style as gothic no:1. I want NIN logos on the ammunition boxes and a ambient soundtrack by Trent Reznor. I don't think that's too much to ask.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Last game was hella fun, but I think they should let the franchise rest for a while and do a different thing... Like doing Quake.

Doom was so good, it’s hard to understand why they fucked it up so much with Eternal.
Fucked up? How?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone that dropped Eternal a few levels in due to the juggling mechanic should really go back and give it another go. It took me like 4 levels before everything clicked into place, once it did it I couldn't put it down, I stayed up until 3am to beat it which is rare for me.

It makes Doom 2016 look incredibly tame by comparison.

Anyone that dropped Eternal a few levels in due to the juggling mechanic should really go back and give it another go. It took me like 4 levels before everything clicked into place, once it did it I couldn't put it down, I stayed up until 3am to beat it which is rare for me.

It makes Doom 2016 look incredibly tame by comparison.
Those long ass jumping puzzles missed me off every time and made me dread playing it. They should have kept it more like Doom 2016.

Top Bottom