• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iD Software hiring for the development of a "long running iconic action fps"

Catphish

I want a proper single player Quake, and I want a return to Q2/Q3-style multiplayer Quake. A proper Quake arena shooter without the Champions bullshit.

Quake hold a special place in my heart. Please do it right.

Tschumi

next time
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While it's not known if the next game from the developer will be another Quake, recent job postings from Zenimax, id Software's parent company, indicates a new project is at least in the works.

The job posting notes that id Software is searching for an experienced Senior UI Programmer, which is a position that works with the artists and gameplay designers to create player-friendly user interface elements. The position is stated to be for an unannounced video game project, though considering id Software's library, it's very likely to be another FPS game. This is supported by previous job postings from Zenimax that have hinted it is being developed for "long-running iconic action FPS," for example. This can include either another Doom entry, or even a rebooted Quake game.

Other than that, not much is known about this game for the time being. The one thing of note that can be gleamed from this id Software job listing is that it will be aiming for the PC and next-generation consoles. Based on this statement, it's likely that this means the game won't be supported on the past console generation, so it will likely be skipping PS4 and Xbox One.

Top Bottom