• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Elden Ring ends up being a bad release, would you preorder the next FROM game?

Would you preorder the next FROM game if Elden ring launches as described?

• Yes I would

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • There are no exceptions to the no preorders rule, so no

Votes: 39 51.3%

• Total voters
I do occasionally preorder when the downloads become available I guess.
Usually though I've gotta work, so I just pop on before I leave and do the purchase so it's ready to go when I get home.

Download speeds on the ps5 have been impressively fast. I downloaded Skyrim last night and it took maybe 20 minutes to download and install at 36gb.

levyjl1988

Banned
Based on the network tests and actual players playing it, the reception is quite positive so it gives confidence that this game is a solid quality product.

CyberPunk 2077 was deceptive with cinematics and CGI and preplayed footage. There was hype surrounding it and cut content like wall hanging and wall running. A lot of the demos shown was behind closed doors. Not having a playable demo does not instill confidence.

Elden Ring will do fine and be a success based on the network tests. It plays like any other Souls game.

crozier

Endwalker was worth preordering for the +30% xp ring. Games need to offer tangible benefits like that for doing so.

Matsuchezz

I never preorder, the game always arrives 2 days after release. The game looks awesome artistically. Technically is not that impressive. But I guess all From's games are like this.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I never pre-order. However I have considered buying the deluxe editions for the steel book and what not. If Elden Ring turns out to have trash multiplayer at launch I have faith it will be fixed.

To me From Software can do almost no wrong honestly. I know it sounds like blind loyalty, but they've never given me a reason to doubt them.

I’ll preorder the game solely based on the fact that I have enjoyed every souls style game they have released.

Of course, if the game ends up being terrible and they lied about aspects of the game in order to increase sales, I won’t preorder their next game. That is literally the only answer anyone in this thread should be giving

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
From would 1st have to actually make a good game that interests me at all.
tumblr_nvy2dfBxxh1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Akuji

A lot of people say they usually don't preorder, but FromSoft games are the exception. To those people, hypothetically, what if Elden ring ends up being a bad release?

By 'bad release' I mean any or all of:
- The collector's edition ends up being full of cheap, hastily constructed pieces that fall apart after a few weeks

- The game requires a large day one patch download in order to reliably run for 20 minutes without crashing

- Multiplayer is completely erratic at launch, forcing most to play offline

- Certain early areas cause massive stuttering and slowdowns and prevent a large portion of the playerbase from progressing

- A large amount of content already revealed in marketing is cut from the final game

All of that sounds very negative, but keep in mind this is a hypothetical. I'm excited for the game too

So, would you preorder the next FROM game if Elden Ring releases as described above?
well, the game runs fine and everyone i've seen playing it is saying it will be a masterpiece. So ...
i can see your point but that topic is a few days/weeks to late. If a game releases in a state that is completly unaceptable that will make me wary of the next game the developer releases, yes.

Rickyiez

Yes because I don't give two shit about Multi-player for Souls games. And the rest of the points will not happen

Codes 208

From’s track record is more positive than negative. I kept playing their games despite how shit DS2 was so yes.

DragonNCM

From gameplay videos I watched, there is no chance this game will fail.
Artedirection & gameplay already decided the fait of the game.
Solid 8.5 till 9.5

From’s track record is more positive than negative. I kept playing their games despite how shit DS2 was so yes.
Dark Souls 2 is one of my favourite Souls games, but I realise I'm in the minority.

I have loved every game I've played from them recently, I highly doubt I won't enjoy Elden Ring. I'm a fan of their gameplay loop, it's very addicting.

MiguelItUp

I'll only ever preorder if there's a reason to do so. Be it a limited version I really want, or some other addition that's worthwhile.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Voted no because I don't like FROM software games/formula and would never preorder one of their games in the first place.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Its arguarbly one of the best if not the best FROM game atm. Give it a real shot 👍. Otherwise go play Sekiro and get rekt like the rest of us 😂
I gave it a real shot and I bought it and played it, I just did not like it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think it is their worst game and I didn't like it. Your belief or agreement doesn't matter. you are of no consequence and your opinion is of even less significance.

V4skunk

Banned
Fromsoft is the only company i will preorder from.
They have a perfect track record with the Soulsborne games and it will continue with Elden Ring.

Top Bottom