• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Ratched and Clank can run on Steam Deck

I mean, I'm sure it could. It would have to spend a lot of time floating through rifts, where on PS5 it's almost instantaneous.

Playable, but probably not very fun.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I mean, I'm sure it could. It would have to spend a lot of time floating through rifts, where on PS5 it's almost instantaneous.

Playable, but probably not very fun.

90% of the rifts in the game are close by/same proximity and could just as easily be a fast swing rope. (it was a gimmick more than a game changing feature)
No need to wait floating through most of the rifts at all assuming they adapt it even in the slightest, thus would be completely playable.

Skifi28

74s8zRl.png

Did you place your bet?

90% of the rifts in the game are close by/same proximity and could just as easily be a fast swing rope. (it was a gimmick more than a game changing feature)
No need to wait floating through most of the rifts at all assuming they adapt it even in the slightest, thus would be completely playable.
And the ones that transport you to a completely different map instantaneously? Or the camera transitions to a different planet between characters?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm sure it will run on low settings but it just proves that if developers are conscious and making the right decisions, the series s shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait to see how it runs on steam deck.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm sure it will run on low settings but it just proves that if developers are conscious and making the right decisions, the series s shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait to see how it runs on steam deck.

So hail 720p/30fps on a large screen? Is that what you're saying?

Because that's essentially what you're saying.

The steam deck has an SSD...

This thread is a result of what happens when the urge to troll supercedes research.

Last edited:

yurinka

It depends on the amount of work and sacrifices they would want to afford.

I mean, if desired with enough time and sacrifices they could make a Game Boy 2D version.

Quasicat

I see what you’re doing and honestly that quote about Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart not working on a PS4 due to the storage was full of crap. I have Indigo Prophecy and it did split screen action in two different areas without a hard drive. Plus, didn’t some of the Lego games do the same thing?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
And the ones that transport you to a completely different map instantaneously? Or the camera transitions to a different planet between characters?

There isn't very many of these, and perhaps as some have maybe they can be pre-loaded in some manner.

Either way it's a great game, I'm sure they will work it out, and it's going to reach an audience this type of game hasn't seen in a while. (at least one this good)

Top Bottom