• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you are even slighty interested in the industry, developer interviews, and interesting developer tidbits, this is the place to look

Bragr

Banned
This is just a recommendation. I find that so many who would love to listen to this sort of stuff don't even know these podcasts exist.

Gamemakers Notebook. Ted Price (insomniac) is a great interviewer, this is a big podcast that has been running for years, it seems most of the industry has been interviewed at some point.

Irrational Interviews.
Ken Levine interviewing people. This was done over 10 years ago, back when Irrational Games was still around. Only a few episodes were made, but it's probably my favorite interviews that have ever been done in the industry.

I recommend these from Gamemakers Notebook, when Ted talks to Tim Sweeny and the one with Phil Spencer. (notice how skeptical Ted is at game pass making any money.)

And with Irrational Interviews, I HIGHLY recommend Levine talking to Guillermo del Toro and the Bioware doctors.

Here are all the episodes from both podcasts:

When I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought of was Game Maker's Notebook. It is actually great, and no one really knows about it. Some of the interviews shed a lot of light on things, but not always in a good way. Ted Price does a good job though.
My favorite was the Todd Howard one, because it clearly shows how he's totally checked out creatively. Eye-opening

Top Bottom