• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could combine two game worlds and make a megagame which would you choose?

[SPOILERS]
Bioshock and Fallout. Then I can complain about how getting power armor and/or becoming a Big Daddy ruins the game.

Mass Effect and Destiny.
Replace ME:3's online multiplayer with Destiny and give Destiny's "plot" a beginning, middle and end, as it's basically the same as ME but soulless, and parsed over 100's of dollars of dlc.

nullpoynter

I always thought it would be a cool idea to combine some of the popular sim games. Combining farm sim and the trucking sims could be an interesting idea.

Last edited:

Old Retro

Metal Gear & Splinter Cell with a Gabe & Snake teamup?!?!? Game of the decade right there. 🤯

Shinobi in a Ninja Gaiden world! All out hack and slashup no stealth bonanza!

Silent Hill within The Evil Within 😵

Leo9

Dark souls and dragon age Origins
Dark Souls and Kotor.
Mass effect and Star trek
Mass effect and warhammer 40k

Last edited:
Halo and the Metroid series. I feel like they pull certain aspects from one a other and make a game that could work. Has to be some amazing writing to pull it off

bender

What time is it?
Life Is Strange and Jurassic Park

goodbye-volcano-high-rhino.gif

Flintty

I just want a Yu-Gi-Oh! game built on Pokémon open world mechanics. Is that too much to ask? Sort your shit out, Konami.

Last edited:
I'm taking a bunch, if we're going to dream let us do it big, because fuck you that's why.

Star Citizen + Destiny 1 + Halo 2/Infinite + Forza Horizon 5 + C&C Red Alert 2 + Apex. Having those RTS, PvP, PvE and open world to go via Boots on ground/Warthog/Banshee or command squads would be an insane thing. The beautiful art of Destiny, the RAIDS from Destiny, the world and mechanics of what Star Citizen is pioneering combined with the movement and character abilities from Apex to the gunplay of Halo and it's universe while having the RTS abilities of C&C from a FH UI all through one sync'd game. It would be a development nightmare but the execution I have in my head would be all sorts of games people could play filling a dynamic and connected single universe game.

You want multiplayer, you sign up for missions from RTS players. You want to go solo, win some loot with Hog races, your fireteam wants to take a planet then go through a RAID, that can be interrupted gambit style at any time by another raiding party, there's your Halo BTB coming into it. You could just go exploring in your Banshee or take a Longsword across planets and jump to another engagement. Buy and sell what you wish as a freelancer, form or join a faction and control areas of the universe or just fight it out in a simplistic matchmaking game that still builds real data into the world. There would be so much depth to it, I can see why Star Citizen/Squadron is such a pain to develop.

Top Bottom