• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you die in this VR game, it will kill you in real life

Mister Wolf

That's too edgy for me. I like the stakes of this fictional game in this anime:

images

If you are killed in the game it destroys your gaming console.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Pretty much... He made something funny/stupid for the SAO anniversary or whatever (technically it's not even faithful to that). Ok, fun enough to post on twitter, share, whatever. But how on earth is it reported as news..? Love how the title is instantly contradicted in the first sentence too. Which VR game kills you if you die? Oh that's right, no game ever could do that so this is actually about hardware that could potentially be rigged to do it, theoretically as in practice nobody will make the software for it, or test it, because it's just a stupid/funny thing for the SAO anniversary or whatever ♾️

Last edited:

Fahdis

The only uses I can find for this is to get prisoners or degenerates of society on Deathrow and give them a Gladiator style of death while science could study the impact of real fear and survival in a virtual world. The one who wins earns their freedom. Exploding brains are a bit too much though. More like injections wired into your system.

Or those on life sentences with an ending to it. Be given a peaceful place to live in a virtual world until a certain time. Or those who are older with Assisted Suicide could live out the rest of their days in the Virtual World living a young virile life with others until it is time to go. Meh applications can be well thought out, its at torture where one should stop.

Still super fucked though, but seeing how societies have always lusted for some sort of blood sports this is probably it without seeing it actually happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom