• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ighor July | I unlocked NVIDIA GeForce NOW and stumbled upon Pirates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Hair

Banned
I, as well as may many of the NVIDIA GeForce NOW users, are waiting for Nvidia adding new games. Some of the preferred games were already available, like Mafia series, but were removed from GFN. Later on, while I was waiting for that game to be available again I attempted to recover deleted NVIDIA GeForceNOW games. But accidentally I’ve found out something I’ve never expected.

About a half year ago, NVIDIA GeForceNOW service worked differently. You could launch Steam directly and after that select a game of your choice. Most of the games are locked since GFN limitations, but I figured out how to run games which are not officially available on their website. I’ve managed to play a Gas Guzzlers Extreme at that time. So I wanted to find a way to get a full list of games available for GFN. A very old version of a GFN client app downloaded the file whitelist.json which contained a few thousands of games. Unfortunately it’s no longer possible to get a new update of this file.

Four months ago I decided to proceed with my research and inspect the GFN client application. I wanted to test if the old version of GFN downloaded the file whitelist.json can also download other stored information. I spent more time than expected, but it was worth it.

ClqdPUz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom