• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] 100 Unforgettable video game moments

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-video-game-moments/4

yVLzGF.jpg

Top ten
10. Nuclear Blast - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 2007
9. The First Colossus - Shadow of the Colossus - 2005
8. John Marston’s death - Red Dead Redemption - 2010 Spoiler Red Dead Redemption (original)
7. Escaping Aperture - Portal - 2007
6. First Zombie encounter - Resident Evil - 1996
5. Would you Kindly? - Bioshock - 2007
4. Princess in another Castle - Super Mario Bros - 1985
3. Sephiroth kills Aerith - Final Fantasy 7 - 1997 Spoiler Final Fantasy VII
2. Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Solid - 1998
1. Pulling the Master Sword - The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - 1998

tommib

Mine is for sure getting into to the swamp on Demon’s Souls 3-2 back in 2009.

3 am. Headphones on. First time playing the level. Moving super cautiously through all the bridges. Pitch-dark. Giant beating heart in the background. And then I enter this motherfucking cage that takes forever going down to a totally unfamiliar territory with man centipedes that looked and sounded like the biggest abomination on earth. As a fan of horror, it was an unparalleled experience. Only Silent Hill 2 comes close in its grotesque fuckery.

Also, RE4 on GameCube on release date. The whole thing was unforgettable. A true revolution.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Psycho mantis was a meta 4th wall moment so awesome, it blew my mind at the time.

Also First colossus and Bioshock's would you kindly, for me real gaming moments.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Did they click randomise before they posted?

1 shouldn’t be top of any list, is this them making up for the previous list not having OOT?
2 is memorable, a unique moment that belongs in the top 10
3 is contender for 1
4 ???
5 is a strong contender seeing as it’s a twist at the end of an entire game, as opposed to the other mid-game choices
6 memorable, I guess. Nothing like the top choices though

Top Bottom