• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Biomutant Problems Explained on PS5, PS4 & Xbox Consoles - Performance Review

LMJ

So are they going to delist it from the PS store?

Of course not the game performs well (albeit a bit choppy), but it works just fine.

NXGamer saying that the SeX version is "better" because the installation is 2GB larger is just wrong.

Except no, as NX proved the XseX version actually has more dense environments, better textures and improved shadows AKA bigger lol

dcmk7

Banned
Just caught up on this..

Oh dear, some people must feel a bit silly right now.

Although I'm sure it won't be the first or last time.

assurdum

Banned
Of course not the game performs well (albeit a bit choppy), but it works just fine.

Except no, as NX proved the XseX version actually has more dense environments, better textures and improved shadows AKA bigger lol
I'm confused. Wasn't the game supposed to run in BC mode? How series X can have all those better graphic setting? Though this game just uses reconstructed 4k and nothing more.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If Biomutant was a much more focused game, it in turn would have been much more polished, much more enjoyable, and much more coherent. Right now, it's a bit of a jumbled mess. And that jumbled mess can be fun for a lot of people- but this game could and should have been so much more.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm confused. Wasn't the game supposed to run in BC mode? How series X can have all those better graphic setting? Though this game just uses reconstructed 4k and nothing more.
Because the Xbox runs under the DX12 SDK - which is 100% compatible with the PC. The PC version of this game has all the upgraded features. It was trivial to downgrade some features for the XSX version. The PS5 doesn't have a developer friendly BC mode, so they had to stick with last-gen SKU. I'm sure they'll patch it for a proper PS5 SDK SKU.

Top Bottom